How Big Do Chow Chow Dogs Get?
Are you a pet parent to a Chow Chow and wondering how much he will grow?
Let’s find out.
View Table of Contents
Average Chow Chow Size and Weight by Age: What to Expect?
Up to 14
Up to 16
Up to 19
Factors That Can Affect the Size of a Chow Chow
- Genetics: The height and weight of a puppy’s parents indicate what size it will grow to be.
- Diet: Without a proper diet, Chow Chows will show signs of being negatively affected in terms of size.
- Hookworms: Hookworm-infested Chows will not get the necessary nutrients leaving them malnourished.
At What Age Do Chow Chows Stop Growing?
Being a medium-large dog breed, Chow Chows reach their full maturity at 18 months and gain their total weight at two years.
How to Measure Your Chow Chows Height?
- Let the dog stand upright on a flat surface.
- Ensure the dog is straight and not leaning on anything, and place the pet’s head at a normal height.
- Use a tape measure to measure from the withers to the front paws to get the height.
How much does a full-grown Chow Chow weigh?
A fully grown male Chow weighs between 55-71 pounds, while a fully grown female weighs 44-60 pounds on average.
Are Chow Chows healthy dogs?
Chows are typically healthy dogs, although, like all breeds, they are susceptible to certain illnesses.
Are Chow Chows friendly?
Although suspicious of strangers, Chows are friendly dogs and bond well with family members.
It’s crucial to keenly monitor the growth and size of your Chow as this reflects its health and general well-being.