24 Best Dog Foods for Yorkies in 2022
Yorkshire Terriers, commonly known as Yorkies, are toy breeds; they are one of the smallest terrier breeds. Their small size makes them burn calories faster than large breeds. The best dog food for Yorkies should be high energy and dense in nutrients. These dogs are predisposed to hyperglycemia, so you should ensure they get sufficient calories for their highly active lives.
Yorkies need high-quality protein foods for muscle power and above-average fat content to boost their energy and keep their long and silky coat bright. The best food for Yorkies should also have low to moderate carbs for energy. The carbohydrates should come from wholesome sources like oats and sweet potatoes.
Yorkies have a delicate digestive system hence are prone to stomach sensitivities. Therefore, their food should be free from artificial additives and fillers like corn and soy. They are also fussy eaters and their food should be full of flavors. Choosing the right format lowers the risks of allergies, digestive problems, and obesity for a happy dog.
The top five brands for the best dog food for Yorkies are Merrick, Taste of the Wild, Solid Gold, Nutro, and Blue Buffalo with the prices ranging from $ 17 to$ 94, and the average price is $ 38. Your pet’s life stage dictates the nutritional demands and the amounts to serve. Here are our top five picks for the best dog food for Yorkies:
|Taste of the Wild Real Meat Recipe Appalachian Valley Premium Dry Dog Food|
|Check Price on AmazonCheck Price on Chewy|
|Nutro Natural Choice Small Breed Adult Dry Dog Food, Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Dog Kibble|
|Check Price on AmazonCheck Price on Chewy|
Best for Puppies
|Merrick Lil' Plates Puppy Wet Dog Food|
|Check Price on AmazonCheck Price on Chewy|
|Solid Gold - Real Turkey - Natural Grain-Free Food For Dogs|
|Check Price on AmazonCheck Price on Chewy|
|Royal Canin Yorkshire Terrier Adult Dry Dog Food|
|Check Price on AmazonCheck Price on Chewy|
Note: The prices quoted in this article are as of 8th February 2022
View Table of Contents
- Best Overall 1. Taste of the Wild Appalachian Valley Small Breed Grain-Free Dry Food
- Best Value 2. Nutro Natural Choice Small Breed Adult Dry Food
- Best for Puppies 3. Merrick Lil’ Plates Pint-Sized Puppy Plate Wet Food
- Best Canned Food 4. Solid Gold Mighty Mini Toy & Small Breed Wet Food
- Best Breed-Specific 5. Yorkshire Terrier Royal Canin Dry Dog Food
- 6. Blue Buffalo Life Protection Small Breed Senior Dry Dog Food
- 7. Hill’s Science Diet Dry Dog Food
- 8. Wellness Complete Health Natural Wet Canned Dog Food
- 9. Solid Gold Star Chaser-Chicken Brown with Vegetables Wet Canned Dog Food
- 10. Cesar Gourmet Wet Dog Food
- 11. CARNA4 Easy-chew Fish Formula Dry Food
- 12. Diamond Naturals Small Breed Adult Dry Dog Food
- 13. Canidae All Life Stages Dry Dog Food
- 14. Natural Balance Original Ultra Small Breed Dry Dog Food
- 15. Merrick Grain-Free Puppy Recipe Dry Dog Food
- 16. Orijen Puppy High-Protein Dry Dog Food
- 17. Blue Buffalo Homestyle Recipe Natural Adult Small Breed Wet Dog Food
- 18. Ollie Fresh Dog Food
- 19. Nature’s Recipe Small-Breed Grain-Free Chicken Recipe Dry Dog Food
- 20. AvoDerm Advanced Sensitive Support Turkey Formula Dry Dog Food
- 21. Chicken Soup for the Soul Small Bites Formula Dry Food
- 22. Castor & Pollux Pristine Small-Breed Free-Range Chicken Stew
- 23. American Journey Chicken & Turkey Premium Loaf Wet Dog Food
- 24. Monge Fresh Wet Dog Food
- What facts should you know about the best dog foods for Yorkies?
1. Taste of the Wild Appalachian Valley Small Breed Grain-Free Dry Food
This formula from Taste of the Wild with a production date of September 13th, 2015, is crafted specifically for small, extra small, and toy dogs.
Chicken and Lamb Meal are the first two ingredients that contribute to the high protein content of 32% for strong muscles. Other primary ingredients are Garbanzo Beans, Peas, and Lentils which provide high-quality fiber for proper digestion.
The 18% fat value and caloric content of 422 Kcal/cup boost your Yorkie’s energy levels. This meal is also crafted with real fruits for antioxidants and flavor which boost immunity and attract fussy eaters. In addition, it is formulated with taurine for cardiac wellness. Probiotics and prebiotics support healthy digestion while omega fatty acids provide a barrier on the skin to keep it smooth and shiny.
Dogs weighing 3 lbs need ⅓ cups while those weighing 5 lbs need ½ cups daily. Dogs with weights ranging from 10-40 lbs need ¾ to 2 ⅓ cups. A gradual transition of 7-10 days ensures your dog fully adapts to the new meal and lowers stomach problems.
This formula is better for Yorkies as it provides sufficient energy and proteins. It is suitable for dogs with sensitive tummies and grain allergies.
2. Nutro Natural Choice Small Breed Adult Dry Food
This brand from Nutro features real Chicken as the number one ingredient for high-quality protein for ideal weight and strong muscles.
The production date is January 20th, 2016 with no history of recalls. Other major ingredients are Chicken Meal, Whole Grain Barley, Split Peas, and Brewers Rice with a calorie value of 352 Kcal/cup and protein content of 24%.
The fat, fiber, and moisture values are 16%, 3.5%, and 10%. It contains omega fatty acids for a good physical appearance and antioxidants that protect from oxidative damage. It comes in small kibbles and crunchy texture for easy chewing and lower risks of plaque build-up.
If your Yorkie is approaching his golden years, then this meal is an excellent choice as it has glucosamine and chondroitin for joint and hip health. Dogs weighing 10 lbs need ¾ to 1 cup while those weighing 15 lbs need 1 to 1 ¼ cups. For dogs weighing 20 and 25 lbs, the daily amounts are 1 ⅓ to 1 ½ and 1 ⅔ to 1 ¾ respectively. You can adjust these amounts to suit your dog’s activity levels.
This meal is suitable for dogs with tummy sensitivities. Do not serve this formula to dogs with grain allergies.
Best for Puppies
3. Merrick Lil’ Plates Pint-Sized Puppy Plate Wet Food
The first production date of this formula from Merrick Pet Care is May 31st, 2016.
It targets extra small, toy, and small breeds like Yorkies. It is an excellent source of high-quality proteins as the first five ingredients are Deboned Chicken, Chicken Broth, Turkey Broth, Chicken Liver, and Deboned Turkey. This ensures that your puppy grows and develops strong muscles.
The caloric content of 96 Kcal/bowl combined with a fat content of 3.5% provides the energy your Yorkie puppy needs. The high moisture value of 82% keeps lowers the risks of dehydration, especially during active sessions. This meal also supports your dog’s growing joints and bones with glucosamine and chondroitin.
This meal also ensures your Yorkie’s silky coat stays shiny with omega fatty acids. It comes from single-serve trays which are easy to open to save you time. Chelated minerals ensure maximum absorption of essential nutrients for proper growth.
Adults need 3-4 bowls for every 10 pounds of body weight per day while puppies need twice the adult amounts. You can adjust these portions according to your dog’s needs. For maximum benefits, serve at room temperature. Any unused portions should be covered and refrigerated. This meal suits dogs with sensitive digestion.
Best Canned Food
4. Solid Gold Mighty Mini Toy & Small Breed Wet Food
This canned food by Solid Gold is crafted with the needs of small, extra small, and toy breeds in mind.
The first production date is March 14th, 2016. The key ingredients are Chicken, Chicken Broth, Water Sufficient for Processing, Chicken Liver, Dried Egg Whites, and Chickpeas. The Caloric and protein contents are 91 Kcal/cup and 7.5% respectively to support your energetic dog.
The fat value is 3% while the fiber and moisture values are 1% and 82% respectively. It is crafted with carrots, blueberries, and cranberries for beta-carotene and antioxidants that support eye health and immunity. This meal also provides hydration with a high moisture value. Furthermore, it has omega fatty acids and DHA for skin health and proper brain function.
It features probiotics for gastrointestinal health. This diet is better for Yorkies as it is crafted from a single source of protein for sensitive tummies. Adult dogs need 3-4 bowls per 10 pounds of body weight daily while puppies require twice the adult amounts to sustain their activity levels. The amounts may vary depending on your dog’s age and activity levels. This diet is suitable for dogs with grain allergies and tummy sensitivities as it has no grains or fillers.
5. Yorkshire Terrier Royal Canin Dry Dog Food
This recipe from Royal Canin targets Yorkies and is crafted to provide top-notch nutrition.
Chicken is the number one ingredient for a high protein value of 28% to boost muscle strength. It contains beta-carotene and omega fatty acids for vision health and a shiny coat. Calcium is responsible for strong bones.
6. Blue Buffalo Life Protection Small Breed Senior Dry Dog Food
Help your senior dog enjoy his golden years with this premium food from Blue Buffalo.
It is crafted specifically for senior dogs and the first production date is June 3rd, 2010 with no history of recalls. The key ingredients are Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Barley, and Oatmeal.
The caloric content is 370 Kcal/cup while the protein value is 23% for energy production and thick muscles. The fat, fiber, and moisture values are 13%, 6%, and 10% respectively. This diet is best for senior Yorkies as it boosts joint health with glucosamine and chondroitin. Senior dogs are also prone to heart problems and this diet lowers these risks with L-carnitine and taurine.
It has omega fatty acids to keep your dog’s skin and coat healthy even during its senior stage. Yucca schidigera has odor-reducing properties for less smelly stool. Beta-carotene, chelated minerals, and antioxidants promote vision, nutrient absorption, and immunity.
Dogs weighing up to 5 lbs need ¼ to ½ cups while those weighing 6-10 lbs need ½ to 1 cup daily. Dogs with weights ranging from 11-30 lbs need 1 to 2 cups. When transitioning, start by 25% of this meal and gradually increase the amounts for 14 days. This recipe suit dogs sensitive digestion.
7. Hill’s Science Diet Dry Dog Food
This diet from Hill’s Science has a production date of September 30th, 2004 and it targets small, extra small, and toy breeds.
The main ingredients are Chicken Meal, Brewers Rice, Whole Grain Wheat, Soybean Meal, and Whole Grain Sorghum with a caloric value of 371 Kcal/cup and a protein value of 20%.
The fat and fiber values are 12.5% and 4% respectively. It supports bone health and muscle power with calcium and proteins. Omega fatty acids nourish the skin for a bright coat while antioxidants work together with vitamin C and E to protect your dog from infections. In addition, this formula supports cardiovascular health with L-carnitine and taurine. Beta-carotene is important for proper eyesight while dietary fiber is responsible for digestive health. It is better for Yorkies as it supports muscle health and provides energy.
Dogs weighing 2,5, 8, and 10 lbs need ¼, ⅝, ¾, and 1 cup respectively while those weighing 15, 20, 25, and 30 lbs need 1 ⅓, 1 ⅔, 2, and 2 ¼ cups respectively. A 5-7 day transition period helps your dog to fully adjust to Hill’s Diet. This recipe is suitable for adult dogs 1 to 6 years of age.
8. Wellness Complete Health Natural Wet Canned Dog Food
This recipe from Wellness Pet LLC is an excellent selection for your picky eater Yorkie as it is richly flavored.
It targets all dog breeds. The first production date is September 30th, 2004 with no history of recalls. Chicken Broth, Chicken, Chicken Liver, and Salmon are the first four ingredients for high-quality proteins to boost muscle health. The fifth ingredient is Ground Barley for high-quality fiber to support bowel and gut health.
The protein, fat, fiber, and moisture values are 9%, 6%, 1%, and 78% respectively with a caloric value of 434 Kcal/can for high activity levels. It supports brain and vision wellness with DHA. It is also crafted with carrots for beta-carotene, fiber, and antioxidants for proper eyesight, digestive health, and protection from free radicals that cause cancer. Flaxseed supports healthy skin and coat with omega fatty acids.
Adults require 6-oz for every 8 pounds of body weight daily and 12.5-oz for every 15 pounds of body weight. Puppies need twice the adult servings. Reduce the dry food by 1⁄3 cup for every 6-oz of wet food for mixed feeding. This meal is suitable for dogs with sensitive digestion. Avoid this formula if your dog has grain allergies.
9. Solid Gold Star Chaser-Chicken Brown with Vegetables Wet Canned Dog Food
Tantalize your dog’s taste buds with this savory meal from Solid Gold with a production date of February 1st, 2019 and it targets all dog breeds.
Chicken, Chicken Broth, Chicken Liver, and Ocean Whitefish for top-notch proteins to give your Yorkie a muscular look. Ground Brown Rice, Barley, Carrots, and Pumpkin are wholesome sources of fiber for smooth digestion.
This meal has 469 calories per can and a 6% fat value for energy production. The protein, fiber, and moisture values are 9%, 1.5%, and 78%. Your active dog needs to stay hydrated throughout the day and this meal has enough moisture which also aids in detoxification. Antioxidants and vitamin E work together to boost your dog’s immunity while beta-carotene supports vision health.
It is highly palatable to tempt even the selective feeders. Your sensitive dog is safe with this meal as it is free from corn, wheat, soy, and peas. However, it is crafted with grains so you should avoid serving dogs with grain allergies. To improve the taste, you can mix this delicacy with dry food and watch your dog wagging its tail with excitement.
Dogs weighing 5-15 lbs need ½ to 1 cup daily while those weighing 15-30 lbs need 1 to 1 ¾ cups.
10. Cesar Gourmet Wet Dog Food
This gourmet smooth delicacy from Cesar is designed for all breeds.
Its rich flavor will make your dog beg for more. The first production date is May 12th, 2009. The turkey recipe features Turkey, Chicken Liver, Beef lung, and Chicken Broth for high-quality proteins for lean muscle mass. Water is the fifth ingredient for hydration and the removal of toxins from the body.
The protein, fat, fiber, and moisture values are 8.5%, 4%, 1%, and 82% respectively. They come in easy-to-peel trays making mealtime easy. Vitamin E protects your dog from infections while vitamin B1 aids in the conversion of carbohydrates to energy.
You can serve it as a standalone meal or mix it with other dog food to add flavor. Adult dogs require 3 ⅔ trays daily for every 10 pounds of body weight. To ensure your dog’s digestive system adapts to the new food fast and to lower the risks of stomach problems, a gradual transition of three weeks is recommended. Give 25% of the new food in the first week, 50% in the second week, and 75% in the third week, and serve 100% during the last day of the third week. This meal is suitable for picky eaters.
11. CARNA4 Easy-chew Fish Formula Dry Food
This tangy meal by Carna4 is an excellent choice for Yorkies as it is delicious and easy to chew for smooth digestion.
The production date is October 4th, 2018 and it targets all dog breeds and sizes. The main ingredients are Herring, Perch, Eggs, Ground Organic Sprouted Barley Seed, and Salmon. This diet is an excellent source of proteins for solid muscles.
The 402 Kcal/cup caloric content ensures your dog stays active throughout the day, while the protein and fat values of 29% and 15% keep your dog strong and healthy. It contains taurine, omega fatty acids, probiotics, and prebiotics for heart, skin, bowel, and gut health.
Sprouted seeds are jam-packed with digestive enzymes that work together with fiber and antioxidants to give your dog a healthy digestive system and proper immunity. Carrots are good sources of beta-carotene for improved vision. The small and soft nuggets are perfect for small dogs including your Yorkie. Air-Drying ensures all essential nutrients are retained to keep your dog healthy while the raw food alternative appeals to your dog’s instincts. It suits small and senior dogs as it is easy to chew and digest for lower tummy problems.
12. Diamond Naturals Small Breed Adult Dry Dog Food
This meal from Diamond Pet Foods Company is suitable for small, extra small, and toy breeds.
The primary ingredients are Chicken, Chicken Meal, Cracked Pearled Barley, Ground White Rice, and Grain Sorghum. The caloric content of 418 Kcal/cup and 16% fat value are perfect for your dog’s energy needs.
13. Canidae All Life Stages Dry Dog Food
This meal is a Canidae Pet Food Corporation product and targets all dog breeds.
Chicken Meal and Turkey Meal are the first two ingredients for strong muscles while Brown Rice, Peas, and Oatmeal are excellent sources of carbs to boost energy levels.it supports joint health with glucosamine and chondroitin.
14. Natural Balance Original Ultra Small Breed Dry Dog Food
This formula from Natural Balance targets small, extra small, and toy breeds.
Chicken is the number one ingredient for solid muscles and thick bones. The 370 Kcal/cup caloric value promotes your dog’s activity levels, while yucca schidigera reduces stool odor. It supports heart health with L-carnitine and taurine.
15. Merrick Grain-Free Puppy Recipe Dry Dog Food
This grain-free delicacy by Merrick Pet Care is crafted with the needs of your puppy in mind.
The primary ingredients are Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Sweet Potatoes, Potatoes, and Salmon Meal. High-quality proteins build your dog’s muscles while DHA and taurine promote vision, brain, and heart health. Antioxidants boost immunity.
16. Orijen Puppy High-Protein Dry Dog Food
This formula from Champion Pet Foods is highly nutritious as it contains 38% protein and 20% fat values for strong muscles and high activity.
It contains DHA and EPA for vision, brain health, and mobility. In addition, it has calcium, phosphorous, and glucosamine to support bone, muscle, and joint health.
17. Blue Buffalo Homestyle Recipe Natural Adult Small Breed Wet Dog Food
This diet is a product of Blue Buffalo and it targets small, extra small, and toy breeds.
The main ingredients are Chicken, Chicken Broth, Carrots, Peas, and Brown Rice. It has glucosamine aaaand L-carnitine for joint and cardiac wellness. This meal supports skin and coat health with omega fatty acids.
18. Ollie Fresh Dog Food
This fresh meal is made with real human-grade ingredients to promote taste and soothe your dog’s wild nature.
The meal is customized according to your dog’s needs. The primary ingredients for their Turkey recipe are Turkey, Kale, Lentils, Carrots, and Coconut Oil. it is packed with antioxidants to boost immunity.
19. Nature’s Recipe Small-Breed Grain-Free Chicken Recipe Dry Dog Food
This high-quality meal from Nature’s Recipe is best for small, extra small, and toy breeds.
It features Chicken as the number one ingredient for thick muscles and is also crafted with Sweet Potatoes for high-quality carbs to keep your dog active throughout the day. It has calcium and taurine for strong bones and a healthy heart.
20. AvoDerm Advanced Sensitive Support Turkey Formula Dry Dog Food
Breeder’s Choice Pet Foods is a limited ingredient diet for sensitive digestion.
Turkey is the only source of protein to lower the risks of sensitivities and provide proteins for a muscular look. It also contains fiber and omega fatty acids for digestive health and lustrous skin.
21. Chicken Soup for the Soul Small Bites Formula Dry Food
This meal from Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover’s Soul is nutrient-dense for the overall well-being of your dog.
It features Chicken and Turkey for top-notch nutrition. It has omega fatty acids and vitamin E for skin health and proper immunity. Yucca schidigera reduces fecal odor while antioxidants support the immune system.
22. Castor & Pollux Pristine Small-Breed Free-Range Chicken Stew
This meal is a product of Merrick Pet Care and it targets small, extra small, and toy breeds.
It is crafted with real fruits and vegetables to boost immunity. It features organic-fed Chicken as the first ingredient for muscle health. The high water content hydrates and detoxifies your dog while chelated minerals promote nutrient absorption.
23. American Journey Chicken & Turkey Premium Loaf Wet Dog Food
This delicacy from American Journey is crafted with Chicken and Turkey for premium proteins to support muscle health.
The caloric content of 425 Kcal/12.5-oz can boost your dog’s energy levels while yucca schidigera reduces stool odor. It gives your dog a shiny coat and soft skin with omega fatty acids.
24. Monge Fresh Wet Dog Food
This meal is a product of Monge in Italy and it is formulated for small dogs including Yorkies.
The high moisture value of 82% lowers the risk of dehydration and removes toxins from the body while the high protein supports muscle power. It has no colorings or artificial preservatives for sensitive dogs.
What facts should you know about the best dog foods for Yorkies?
Here are the facts that you should know about the best dog food for Yorkies:
- The best dog food for Yorkies should have real meat as the number one ingredient. The more the meat sources, the better for your dog’s muscles. The meat sources should be specific like Chicken or Turkey and not just labeled ‘meat’
- The best foods for Yorkies should have plenty of fats for energy and proper skin and coat health. The fats should come from high-quality sources like chicken fat and flaxseed.
- Yorkies are highly energetic hence their food should have sufficient calories and carbs to boost their energy levels. The carbs should come from wholesome sources like oatmeal.
- Yorkies are fussy eaters hence their best food should be tasty to appeal to their taste buds.
- Yorkies are prone to sensitivities so their best food should be free from artificial preservatives and colorings. Look for naturally preserved food.
What are the Best Dog Foods for Yorkies according to Size?
Best Dog Foods for small-sized Yorkies
- Instinct Raw Boost Real Chicken Formula. It is freeze-dried for a burst of flavor to attract fussy eaters. It also contains calcium, phosphorous, glucosamine, and chondroitin for strong bones and joints.
- Solid Gold Wee Bites Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe. It features Bison as the number one ingredient for high-quality protein.
The best dog foods for medium-sized Yorkies
- Taste of the Wild High Prairie Grain-free Formula. It is crafted with real meat for high-quality proteins. Omega fatty acids and vitamin A promote skin health while taurine boosts heart health.
- Victor Select Yukon River Canine Recipe. It has a protein value of 33% for powerful muscles. DHA and L-carnitine promote brain, vision, and heart health.
The best dog foods for large Yorkies
- Wellness Core Grain-free Large Breed Dry Dog Food. It features Chicken and Turkey as premium proteins for muscle health. It is crafted with real fruits for antioxidants to boost immunity.
- Merrick Backcountry Raw Infused Dry Dog Food. Deboned Chicken is the first ingredient for top-notch nutrition. It reduces stool odor with yucca schidigera.
What are the best dog foods for Yorkies with different health conditions?
The best dog foods for Yorkies with itchy skin
- Zignature Turkey Limited Ingredient Dry Food. This hypoallergenic meal is free from common allergens like wheat, corn, and soy to lower the risks of allergic reactions. It is also low glycemic and rich in antioxidants and fiber for proper immunity and digestion.
- Purina Pro Plan Development Turkey Entree. This canned food is grain-free and has no corn, wheat, or soy hence safe for the skin.
The best dog foods for picky eater Yorkies
- Ollie Hearty Beef. It is crafted with fresh human-grade ingredients for premium nutrition and a rich flavor that attracts even fussy eaters. Beef is the number one ingredient for top-notch protein to boost muscle power.
- Rachel Ray Nutrish Chicken & Vegetable Formula. It is crafted with premium ingredients including Chicken and Peas which blend for a highly tasty meal irresistible for your picky eater.
The best dog foods for Yorkies with pancreatitis
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Gastrointestinal Low fat Formula. It is vet recommended and contains a low-fat value thus suitable for pancreatitis. It contains DHA for vision and brain health.
- Nutro Natural Choice Healthy Weight Dry Food. It has a minimum fat value of 7% hence safe for dogs with pancreatitis. It is also crafted with antioxidants and natural fiber for proper immunity and improved digestion.
The best dog foods for Yorkies with sensitive stomachs
- Diamond Care Sensitive Stomach Formula. It is specifically crafted for dogs with sensitive tummies. It is formulated with fewer ingredients and has no wheat, corn, or soy. In addition, it is made from a single source of easily digestible protein.
- Hill’s Science Diet Sensitive Stomach & Skin Chicken Formula. This meal is highly digestible for maximum absorption of nutrients and lowers the risks of stomach problems.
The best dog foods for Yorkies with allergies
- Wellness Simple Limited Ingredient Diet is crafted with fewer ingredients to reduce the risks of allergies. It has no grains, corn, wheat, or soy and is perfect for allergies. It has glucosamine, taurine, and probiotics for joint, heart, and gut health.
- Taste of the Wild Prey Angus Beef Limited Ingredient Diet. It is highly digestible and free from grains, wheat, soy, and corn.
What are the best dogs with different ingredients for Yorkies?
The best dog foods with pumpkin for Yorkies
- Purina Beyond Natural Adult Dry Food. It contains pumpkin for improved digestion and salmon is the number one ingredient for high-quality proteins for powerful muscles. The key ingredients are proper and include Salmon, Rice, Whole Barley, Chicken Meal, and Whole Oatmeal.
- Lucy Pet Formula for Life Salmon & Pumpkin Dry Food. This meal is suitable for dogs with sensitive digestion and skin allergies. Pumpkin, which is the 7th ingredient, is proper and boosts digestion and immunity.
The best chicken-free dog food for Yorkies
- ZiwiPeak Lamb Recipe Canned Food. The main ingredients are Lamb, Water Sufficient for Processing, Lamb Lung, Lamb Kidney, and Chickpeas. They provide hydration, proteins, and energy.
- Zignature Kangaroo Limited Ingredient Dry Dog Food. it has one single source of protein and the main ingredients are Kangaroo, Kangaroo Meal, Chickpeas, Peas, and Sunflower Oil which are proper ingredients.
What Different Dog Breeds Can Eat Yorkies Food?
Best Yorkies Dog Foods for Silky Terrier
Both dog breeds are friendly and highly energetic. However, Yorkie’s teeth are larger than Silky’s. These foods are common to both dog breeds:
- Primal Duck Formula Nuggets Grain-free Raw Freeze-Dried Formula. It has 33% protein content and 22% fat content to boost muscle health and provide energy. The caloric content of 130 Kcal/oz suits both breeds.
- American Journey Limited Ingredient Salmon & Sweet Potato Recipe. It has calcium, phosphorus, and DHA for bone, muscle, vision, and brain health.
The best Yorkie’s Dog Foods for Australian Terrier
These two breeds are hypoallergenic but the coat maintenance is low for Australian Terriers and high for Yorkie. Here are foods common to both breeds:
- Royal Canin Size Health Nutrition Small Adult Food: this meal is specifically designed for small, extra small, and toy breeds. It has DHA and L-carnitine for neural functions and conversion of fats into helpful energy.
- Purina Pro Plan Shredded Blend High protein Dog Food. The tender shredded pieces add flavor to attract fussy eaters.