25 Best Dog Foods for Huskies
From Alaskan Huskies to Siberian Huskies, these dog breeds are born brave and active hence being considered the best athletes in the canine world. This active nature coupled with their fluffy coats demands the best dog food that meets their daily caloric requirements and promotes coat and skin health. The best food for Huskies should therefore come from high-quality real meat protein sources. Other qualities of the best food for Huskies include the fat content, which should be moderate to high.
However, less active Huskies should consume low-fat foods to lower the risks of obesity. Vitamins and minerals are also essential for Huskies’ eye and joint health. A 1% vitamin content and 4% mineral content is enough to sustain Huskies. The food should further have carbohydrates for colon health and proper digestion. Lastly, the best food for Huskies should have real fruits and organic vegetables for fiber and regulation of calories.
Choosing the right food lowers the risks of digestion problems, allergic reactions, unhealthy weight and ensures Huskies are always in their normal happy mood. The major brands for the best food for Huskies include Blue Buffalo, Orijen, Taste of the Wild, Diamond Naturals, and Hill’s Science Diet. The average price is $,35 with the cheapest food costing $30 for a 10 lbs bag and the most expensive costing $75. The main life stages for Huskies are puppies, adults, and seniors
The Top 5 foods for Huskies are listed below. Keep scrolling to see the rest of our picks from no. 6-25!
Healthy Skin & Coat
View Table of Contents
- Best Overall 1. Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream Grain-Free Leading Dry Dog Food for Huskies
- Best Value 2. Health Extension Grain-Free Finest Dry Dog Food
- Best Grain-Free 3. CRAVE Grain Free High Protein Adult Leading Dry Dog Food, White Fish & Salmon for Huskies
- Best for Skin and Coat 4. Diamond Naturals Skin & Coat Real Salmon & Potato Recipe Principal Dry Dog Food
- Best for Sensitive Stomachs 5. Hill’s Science Diet Finest Dry Dog Food, Adult, Sensitive Stomach & Skin Recipes
- 6. Holistic Select Grain-Free Best Dry Dog Food
- 7. Orijen Top Dry Dog Food
- 8. Annamaet Leading Dry Dog Food
- 9. Go! Solutions Carnivore Premier Dry Dog Food for Huskies
- 10. “I And Love And You” Naked Essentials Leading Wet Dog Food Grain Free & Canned
- 11. Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Natural Adult Top Dry Dog Food
- 12. Wellness Core Natural Grain-Free Prime Dry Dog Food
- 13. Nutro Max Large Breed Adult Recipe with Farm-Raised Chicken Top Dry Dog Food for Huskies
- 14. ORIJEN Top Dry Dog Food, Grain-Free, High Protein, Fresh and Raw Animal Ingredients for Huskies
- 15. Instinct Puppy Grain-Free Chicken Finest Canned Food for Huskies
- 16. Nulo Freestyle Salmon Puppy & Adult Top Dry Food
- 17. American Journey Stews Chicken & Vegetables Recipe in Gravy for Huskies
- 18. VICTOR Senior Healthy Weight Greatest Dry Dog Food
- 19. Purina Pro Plan Focus Adult Sensitive Skin & Stomach Formula Best Dry Dog Food for Huskies
- 20. Canidae Pure Senior Dog Top Dry Food for Huskies
- 21. Maxi Joint Care Large Adult Dog Food with Joint Sensitivity Finest Dry Dog Food
- 22. Brit Premium By Nature Dog Best Dry Food for Medium Dog
- 23. Goodboy Original Adult Beef Top Dry Dog Food for Huskies
- 24. Ollie
- 25. BIXBI Liberty Lamb Recipe Grain-Free Freeze-Dried Raw Dog Food
- What are the facts that you should know about the best dog foods for Huskies?
- What is the clean label on the dog food packages for Huskies?
- Do dogs like the taste of dog food for Huskies?
- Where can you buy dog food for Huskies?
- What is the nutritional value of dog foods for Huskies?
- What are the best freeze-dried dog foods?
- What are the best dry dog foods for Huskies to mix with wet dog food?
- What are the best dog foods for Huskies Puppies?
- What are the brands for the dog foods for Huskies?
- What are the best dog foods for Huskies with allergies?
- What are the best dog foods for small-sized Huskies?
- What are the best dog foods for medium-sized Huskies?
- What are the best dog foods for large Huskies?
- What are the best dog foods for Huskies with itchy skin?
- What are the best grain-free dog foods for Huskies?
- What are the best dog foods for Huskies for tear stains?
- What are the best dog foods for Huskies dogs with glucosamine?
- What are the best dog foods for Huskies with chicken?
- What are the best dog foods for Huskies with pancreatitis?
- What are the best dog foods for Huskies with a sensitive stomach?
- What are the best dog foods for picky eater Huskies?
Diamond Pet Foods manufactures the Taste of the Wild Food, which suits dogs’ instincts.
The leading grain-free Taste of the Wild dry food is the Taste of the Wild Recipe with Smoked Salmon, which was first introduced to the market on December 11th, 2018 targeting all dog breeds. A special feature of this food is the use of ancient grains. The main ingredients include Salmon, Ocean Fish Meal, Sweet Potatoes, Peas, and Lentils. This recipe has a caloric content of 408 Kcal/cup with a protein value of 25%. The fat, fiber, and moisture values are 15%, 3%, and 10%. Sweet potatoes and peas provide digestible energy for a physically fit Husky. It is also rich in proteins to support bones and muscles. Omega fatty acids give Huskies healthy skin and coat. Dogs weighing 3 to 5 lbs need a daily consumption of ⅓ to ½ cups while those weighing between 10 to 20 lbs need ¾ to 1 ½ cups. Heavier dogs like those with 100 lbs require 4 ¾ cups. Dogs who are sensitive to chicken find this an excellent option. Huskies benefit from this food as it is an excellent source of proteins for a muscular look. However, the fat content is slightly higher; hence this recipe should be given sparingly to avoid obesity.
2. Health Extension Grain-Free Finest Dry Dog Food
Health Extension foods are manufactured by Health Extensions Pet Food, a family-owned company established in 1963 with no history of recalls.
One of their main recipes is Health Extension Chicken and Turkey Formula, which was first produced on June 27th, 2011, targeting small breeds. The first five ingredients are Organic Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Debone Turkey, Turkey Meal, and Potatoes. It has a caloric content of 405 Kcal/cup with protein, fat, fiber, and moisture contents being 27%, 18%, 5%, and 10%. It is crafted from berries which are the sources of antioxidants that protect from oxidative damage. This meal is rich in proteins which are the building blocks of thick muscles. This recipe is also free from gluten, grain, wheat, corn, and artificial preservatives; this is safe for all dogs. In addition, this meal is richly flavored hence irresistible to the selective feeders. Furthermore, it has omega fatty acids, dietary fiber, and calcium for brain, bowel, and bone health. It is a perfect choice for dogs with tummy sensitivities as it is highly digestible and has no fillers. Huskies are best suited for this meal as it boosts bowel and brain health and promotes lean muscle growth.
3. CRAVE Grain Free High Protein Adult Leading Dry Dog Food, White Fish & Salmon for Huskies
Crave dog food is manufactured by Mars Petcare which was started in 2017.
The food is produced in North America, with most ingredients being sourced from areas close to the manufacturing plant. Crave High Protein White Fish and Salmon recipe targets all dog breeds, and it was first produced on May 29th, 2017. The first five ingredients are White Fish, Chicken Meal, Lentils, Split Peas, and Chicken Fat. It has a caloric content of 422 Kcal/cup with 34% protein content and 17% fat content which boosts muscle health and promotes an active life. The fiber content is 3.5%, while moisture content is 10%. This meal is rich in animal proteins, thus appealing to your dog’s instinctual needs. It also has antioxidants, omega fatty acids, essential nutrients for proper immunity, a shiny coat, and healthy overall growth. The daily intake for 5 lbs is ⅓ cups and ⅔ cups for 10 lbs dogs. Dogs weighing adobe 100 lbs require 4 cups and above. This food is a perfect choice for dogs with allergies and is suitable for Huskies as it gives them powerful muscles and boosts immunity. It also meets the energy news of the ever-active Huskies.
Best for Skin and Coat
4. Diamond Naturals Skin & Coat Real Salmon & Potato Recipe Principal Dry Dog Food
This food for skin and coat health is manufactured by Diamond Pet Foods using many ingredients that are not found in the lesser-quality pet food brands.
This recipe was produced on January 29th, 2018, targeting all dog breeds. Its first five ingredients are Salmon, Fish Meal, Potatoes, Lentils, and Pea Flour, and it has a caloric content of 408 Kcal/cup with 25%, 14%, 5.5%, and 10% protein, fat, fiber, and fat contents. This food is chock full of antioxidants and probiotics that protect from inflammation and promote digestion. The omega fatty acids are responsible for healthy skin and coat. It is also rich in proteins and carbohydrates for lean muscles and energy production. This superfood features L-Carnitine for heart health. Dogs aged 2-4 months need ⅔ cups, while those aged between 4 to 8 months require ½ a cup. This meal is best for dogs with skin sensitivities and those with allergies. It is also suitable for picky eaters as the rich salmon flavor attracts even the most selective feeder. This recipe is better for Huskies as it gives them healthy skin and a shiny coat and lowers the risks of skin problems, including itchiness.
Best for Sensitive Stomachs
5. Hill’s Science Diet Finest Dry Dog Food, Adult, Sensitive Stomach & Skin Recipes
This food is manufactured by Hill’s Pet Nutrition which Colgate Palmolive owns.
The formulas are scientifically formulated to meet your dog’s nutritional needs. The formula for sensitive stomach and skin was first manufactured on May 15th, 2010, for all dog breeds. The main components of this recipe are Chicken, Brewers Rice, Chicken Meal, Yellow Peas, and Cracked Pearled Barley. This meal has a caloric content of 382 Kcal/cup with a protein value of 20% and a fat value of 13%. The fiber and moisture values are 4% and 10%, respectively. This formula has prebiotics for bowel health and is highly digestible, thus ensuring maximum absorption of essential nutrients. Omega fatty acids give dogs lustrous skin and a shiny coat. This formula is also packed with antioxidants like vitamin E, which prevent inflammation. Dogs with sensitive digestion, grain allergies, and those susceptible to skin problems are best suited for this food. The daily feeding is ½ cups for 5 lbs dogs and ⅞ cups for 10 lbs dogs. You should adjust the portions according to your dog’s weight. Huskies need to have and maintain a shiny coat and smooth skin; hence this food is better for them. It also gives Huskies a well-toned body and strong muscles.
Holistic Select is a brand made by Wellpet LLC, a company formed by merging Eagles Pack Pet Food with Old Mother Hubbard in early 2000.
The company uses high-quality natural ingredients that meet AAFCO standards. This Holistic formula was first produced on March 17th, 20,12, and it targets all breed sizes. This meal has the first five ingredients as Salmon, Anchovy and Sardine Meal, Potatoes, Peas, and Menhaden Fish Meal with a caloric content of 448 Kcal/cup, which is high enough to maintain the activity levels of Huskies. The protein content is 29% for strong muscles, with a fat content of 14% to ensure proper energy provision. Fiber is at 5.5% for bowel health, while the moisture content is 10%. The meal is fortified with omega fatty acids that keep Huskies’ fluffy coats healthy. It is also fortified with antioxidants and probiotics for improved immunity and digestion. Glucosamine is responsible for healthy joints. Dogs weighing 5-10 lbs need ½ to ¾ cups daily. A unique feature for this meal is taurine which promotes heart health. Since Huskies need proteins and fats for muscular appearance and energy, this food is suitable for them. Huskies with sensitive digestion and those allergic to grains are best suited for this formula.
Orijen is a Latin word meaning origin to describe Orijen’s focus on producing dog food that can be traced to the dog’s ancestral roots.
The food imitates the wild dog food, which soothes the dog’s instincts. Their formulas contain a large percentage of raw meat. Orijen food is manufactured by Champion Pet Foods. Orijen top dry food is Orijen Puppy Recipe which first became available on March 15th, 2019, and fits all breed sizes. The essential ingredients in this recipe are Chicken, Deboned Turkey, Flounder, Eggs, and Whole Atlantic Mackerel. The caloric value is 475 Kcal,l/cup while protein value is 38% and fat value i,s 20% with a fiber value of 6% and moisture value is 12%. The high-quality protein promotes the development of major body components, including the muscles, while peas and lentils provide energy and fiber for physical activity and bowel health. The daily intake varies depending on your dog’s weight; dogs weighing 4 lbs consume ⅔ cups, and those weighing 11 lbs need ⅔-1 ¼ cups. This formula is best for dogs with sensitive tummies. Huskies are suited for this meal as it provides proteins for overall growth. Huskies are prone to hypothyroidism due to weight gain; hence this high-fat food should be served sparingly.
Annamaet Dog foods are manufactured by Annamaet Petfood, a family-owned company that has been operating since 1986 with the aim of maximizing the health of canines and preserving the environment.
Annamaet top leading dry dog food is Annamaet Adult Formula that was first introduced to the market on May 13th, 2009, and targets all breeds. The first five ingredients are Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Millet, Rolled Oats, and Pearled Barley with a caloric value of 365 Kcal/cup. The protein, fat, fiber, and moisture contents are 23%, 10%, 4%, and 10%. Omega fatty acids promote brain, eye, coat, and skin health while L-carnitine breaks down fats. Proteins promote lean muscle development, while prebiotics boost bowel and gut health. The daily consumption is ¾ to 1 ¼ cups for 14 lbs dogs. The heavier the dog, the more the amount for daily consumption. Dogs with sensitive digestion are best suited for this meal, and it is suitable for Huskies as it is low in fats, thus lowering the risks of hypothyroidism caused by unhealthy weight gain. In addition, it is ideal for Huskies as it contains L-Carnitine that breaks down fats into useful energy for physical activity in dogs.
This puppy meal is manufactured by Petcurean Pet Nutrition, a Canadian company with its headquarters in Columbia.
It was first introduced to pet parents on April 2nd, 2019, for all breed sizes. The main ingredients include Chicken Meal, Salmon Meal, Turkey Meal, Deboned Chicken, and Deboned Turkey with a caloric content of 451 Kcal/cup, which boosts your dog’s energy levels. The percentages of protein, fat, fiber and moisture are 36, 18, 3, and 10. The high-quality protein gives Huskies a muscular appearance while omega fatty acids, including DHA and EPA, are responsible for a healthy brain and eyesight. Chicory root provides probiotics and prebiotics for digestion and gut health. This formula is a limited ingredient diet, thus safe for dogs with allergies and sensitive tummies. Puppies who are 1-4 months require ¾ to 1 cup daily intake, while those aged between 4-6 months need ¾ to ⅞ cups. This meal is better for Huskies as it boosts the skin and coat health and provides proteins for a strong build. The fat content of 18% is high; hence pet parents should serve this meal moderately to lower the probabilities of obesity and heart problems which can be fatal in the long run.
This wet food is manufactured by I and Love and you, a pet food company that uses natural, organic, and premium ingredients to produce high-quality dog meals.
This meal first became available in the market on June 29th, 2017, suitable for all dog breeds. The first five ingredients are Lamb, Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal, Garbanzo Beans, and Ground Peas with a caloric content of 361 Kcal/cup and a protein percentage of 30. The fat, fiber, and moisture contents are 15%, 4.5%, and 10%. Prebiotic and probiotics are essential for healthy digestion, while real lamb provides high-level muscle-health proteins. Omega fatty acids give Huskies a shiny coat and smooth skin and promote cognitive development. It has no corn, wheat, or soy hence best for dogs with tummy reactions. The daily consumption for a 5 lbs dog is ¾ cups, while 6 to 10 lbs dogs need ¾ to 1 ¼ cups. This meal is better for Huskies as it has omega fatty acids for coat health. However, Huskies should eat this meal moderately to avoid unhealthy weight gain, which causes other health problems like hypothyroidism and cardiovascular diseases, which are harmful.
Blue Buffalo Dog Food manufactures this superfood, a premium brand started by Jackie and Bill Bishop.
The company has formulas based on the age and size of the dog. One of their top adult dry foods is Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Adult Chicken and Rice, first produced on October 1st, 2004, for all breed sizes. The first five ingredients that make up this meal are Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Barley, and Oatmeal with a caloric content of 377 Kcal/cup. The protein content is 24%, while the fat content is 14%. Fiber and moisture contents are 5% and 10%, respectively. This formula contains Glucosamine and Chelated minerals that boost joint health and ensure proper absorption of essential nutrients. Protein from chicken makes Huskies well-built. Antioxidants in this recipe prevent chronic diseases like cancer, while calcium and phosphorus support strong teeth and bones. It also contains carbs that boost energy levels. Huskies weighing up to 15 lbs need ½ to 1 ¼ cups while those weighing between 16 and 25 lbs require 1 ½ to 1 ¾ cups per day. It is best for dogs with grain allergies and those with stomach sensitivities. This food is an exceptional option for Huskies as it promotes skin health.
Wellness Core food is manufactured by Wellness Pet Food which has been in the market for almost 100 years.
Their outstanding market performance is attributed to their use of natural premium ingredients. Wellness Core Dry Food has a production date that dates back to October 2nd, 2001, with the main target being all dog sizes. The most important ingredients are Deboned Turkey, Turkey Meal, Peas, Dried Ground Potatoes, and Lentils. It has a caloric content of 417 Kcal/cup and protein content of 34%, which supports tissues and muscles and promotes hormone production. The fat content is 16%, while fiber content is 4% with a 10% moisture content. This food contains Chondroitin and Glucosamine, essential for healthy joints and hips. It also has antioxidants that have anti-inflammatory properties for protection from chronic disease. This food contains omega fatty acids and taurine that boost skin and heart health. The daily consumption is mainly determined by the dog’s weight, with 6-10 lbs dogs requiring ¼ to 1 ¼ cups and those weighing 20-35 lbs needing 1 ¼ to 1 ¾ cups. Dogs with sensitivities and allergies are best suited for this food. Huskies are also better at this food as it ensures well-connected tissues and muscles and promotes immunity.
John Saleen started Nutro Pet Foods company in 1947, and Mars later acquired it in 2007.
Mars is the current manufacturer of Nutro Dog Foods. This unique recipe crafted from farm-raised Chicken is among the top foods of Mars, and it was first produced on February 2nd, 2015, targeting large dog breeds. The first five ingredients are Chicken Meal, Whole Grain Sorghum, Brewers Rice, and Whole Grain Oatmeal. The caloric content is 324 Kcal/cup with a protein value of 22%. The fat and fiber values are 13% and 3.5% respectively, while the moisture value is 10%. This delicacy is richly flavored to make your dog’s taste buds dance in excitement. It has Chondroitin and Glucosamine for cartilage health. In addition, this recipe has amino acids for strong muscles and better metabolism. This meal is made from whole ingredients which boost fiber levels for smooth digestion. This meal is for large breeds; hence a dog weighing 50 lbs will consume a daily amount of 3 ½ to 4 cups depending on the activity levels. Large dog breeds susceptible to joint problems are well-suited for this recipe. The meal is better for Huskies as it encourages the growth of lean muscles.
Orijen dog foods are manufactured by Champion Petfoods, which was founded in1986.
The company produces premium food that mimics the original wild dog food to tantalize your dog’s taste buds. Orijen top dry food, grain-free, high-protein, and with raw animal ingredients is the puppy recipe that was first made available in the market on March 15th, 2019, and is designed for all breed sizes. The main ingredients for this premium food are Chicken, Turkey, Turkey Giblets, Flounder, and Whole Mackerel. It has a caloric content of 475 Kcal/cup, which boosts your dog’s physical activity. The protein value is 385, while the fat value is 20%. Fiber and moisture values are 6% and 12%, respectively. This high-quality protein content is important for developing tissues and healthy muscles. Freeze-drying the meal makes it appealing to all dogs. . The feeding schedule is based on your puppy’s weight, with puppies weighing 4 lbs consuming a daily serving of ⅔ cups while those weighing 11 lbs consume 2/3 to 1 cup. This meal is a perfect choice for dogs with sensitivities and allergies. Huskies are best-suited for this meal as it is high in proteins for thick muscles. The d food should however be served moderately due to the high-fat content.
This puppy food is manufactured by Nature’s Variety, a pet company that uses minimal processing to ensure your dog gets the best benefits from the nutrients in their formulas.
This recipe came into the limelight on April 1st, 2019, and is meant for all breed sizes. The first five ingredients are Chicken, Chicken Broth, Beef Liver, Salmon, and Carrot. It has a caloric value of 434 Kcal/oz can and a protein percentage of 10%. The percentages for fat, fiber, and moisture are 6%, 3%, and 78% respectively. The high moisture content provides hydration, promotes digestion, and flushes out toxins from the body. Protein from real meat ingredients fuels your dog’s muscle strength while DHA is essential for brain and eye health.In addition, antioxidants promote immunity. The daily consumption is based on age with puppies aged up to 11 weeks using free feeding of 3-4 times and those aged 11-26 weeks requiring 1 ¼ can per 5 lbs body weight. Puppies aged 26-52 weeks need ¾ cups per 5 lbs of body weight. Puppies with allergies and sensitivities are the best targets for this food. Huskies are also suited to this delicious meal due to the high protein value.
Nulo Company manufactures pet foods with high-quality proteins, low carbs, and low glycemic content.
The company is based in Austria, TX. This freestyle salmon formula targets all breed sizes, and it was first manufactured on July 30th, 2017. The main ingredients include Deboned Salmon, Salmon Meal, Chickpeas, Chickpeas Flour, and Canola Oil. The caloric content is 438 Kcal/cup while the protein value is 30%. Fat and fiber values are 18% and 5.5% respectively this is a limited ingredient diet hence safe for dogs with protein allergies as it uses one meat source. The high-quality protein aids in building muscle strength while probiotics support gut health and boost immunity. The feeding instructions use weight as the yardstick for the amounts to give where dogs weighing up to 15 lbs need ½ to 1 cup daily while those weighing 16-25 lbs need 1 to 1 ½ cups. This meal is a perfect choice for Huskies as it is low in carbs. Dogs with a low tolerance for grains and wheat are also well suited for this recipe. moderation is key when serving dogs as this meal is on the higher side of fats at 18% which poses the risks of obesity, hypothyroidism, and cardiovascular problems.
This classic dog food is manufactured and distributed by Chewy, an online company.
The ingredients are from real animal proteins. The recipe has been well-received in the market and pet parents cannot get enough of it for their babies. The first five ingredients of this wet food are Chicken, Chicken Broth, Beef Liver, Dried Egg Whites, and Carrots. The meal is nutritionally balanced with the percentages for protein, fat, fiber, and moisture being 8, 5, 1.5, and 82 and the caloric value is 338 Kcal/12.5 oz can. Real meat provides proteins for lean muscle mass while omega fatty acids make the coat and skin bright. The gravy is so tasty that selective eaters will have no choice but to eat. The meal also promotes detoxification due to the high water content. A special feature about this meal is the Beta Carotene from carrots which boosts eye health. The feeding guidelines are given based on the dog’s stage where adults need 1 ½ can per 15 lbs of body weight daily while puppies require 3 cups. For gestation and lactation, 4 ½ cans per 15 lbs of body weight are recommended. This meal is suitable for dogs who need a high-protein diet including Huskies and those with tummy sensitivities.
Designed specifically for senior dogs, this recipe was first produced on April 4th, 2018, and is the brainchild of American Pet Food LLC.
The main ingredients are Beef Meal, Whole Grain Brown Rice, Whole Grain Millet, and Chicken Fat. The protein, fat, fiber, and moisture contents are 27%, 11.5%, 4.5%, and 9% with a caloric content of 360 Kcal/cup to maintain the activity levels of Huskies. This meal promotes joint health as it contains Glucosamine and Chondroitin. It is also fortified with amino acids and L-Carnitine for lean muscles. Dogs weighing 10 lbs need ¾ cups for weight maintenance and ⅔ cups for weight loss. Dogs weighing 15 lbs require 1 ⅛ cups for maintenance and 1 cup for weight loss. Twenty lbs dogs need 1 ½ and 1 ⅓ cups for weight maintenance and weight loss respectively.This recipe is suitable for dogs with weight problems and stomach sensitivities. This food also boosts eye health as it is rich in Beta Carotene thus best suited for Huskies. It also has taurine for heart health. Care should be taken for dogs allergic to grains as this recipe is grain-inclusive and such dogs might negatively react to it.
Purina Pro Plan is a brand manufactured by Nestle Purina Petcare which has many dog food varieties including Purina One and Purina Dog Chow.
The company was formed in December 2001. The best dry recipe for adult sensitive skin and stomach was first manufactured on May 12th, 2016 targeting all breed sizes. The first five ingredients are Salmon, Barley, Rice, OatMeal, and Canola Meal. It has a caloric content of 467 Kcal/cup thus aiding in energy production for Huskies. This meal has a protein content of 26% with a fat content of 16%. The fiber content is 4% while the moisture is 12%. The high protein content aids in building strong tissues while Glucosamine is needed for joint health. Omega 6 fatty acids and vitamin A promote coat and skin health. This meal is also free from wheat, soy, and corn thus suiting dogs with sensitive tummies. Omega 3 fatty acids also promote mobility and healthy joints. The daily consumption varies depending on weight with 3-12 lbs dogs consuming ⅓ to 1 cup while those between 13-20 lbs need 1- 1 ⅓ cups. Huskies are better on this diet as it promotes skin and bowel health and boosts mobility. However, before introducing this recipe, ensure your dog is not allergic to grains.
Canidae dog food is manufactured by Canidae Pet Food Corporation started in 1997.
Their recipes are made from wholesome and high-quality ingredients that ensure your dog gets maximum goodness and nutritional benefits. Their top senior dry food is the Canidae Limited Ingredient recipe made from Chicken which was first introduced to pet parents on December 15th, 2015 for all breed sizes. The main ingredients are Chicken, Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal, Sweet Potatoes, and Garbanzo Beans. This food has a caloric content of 409 Kcal/cup and 28% protein content. The fat, fiber, and moisture contents are 10%, 5%, and 10%. It is crafted with 9 real ingredients to lower the risks of allergies. It has antioxidants, probiotics, and omega fatty acids for improved immunity, gut health, bowel health, and skin wellness. The feeding instructions are given according to your dog’s weight where dogs weighing 2-10 lbs consume 1/4 to ¾ cups daily while those weighing 10-25 lbs need ¾ to 1 ½ cups. This meal is well-suited to dogs with grain allergies and sensitive stomachs and it fits Huskies as it boosts immunity and skin health. Huskies also need high-quality proteins for thick muscles and this recipe provides it.
Specifically formulated to aid mobility and promote cartilage health in dogs with joint sensitivities, the finest Maxi joint care recipe is manufactured by Royal Canin.
This recipe came into the limelight on August 15th, 2014 targeting dogs with bone, cartilage, and joint sensitivities. The main ingredients are Corn, Chicken By-Product Meal, Wheat, Corn Gluten Meal, and Chicken Fat. It has a caloric content of 314 Kcal/cup with a protein content of 24% and a fat content of 13%. The fiber content is 7.6% for proper digestion while the moisture content is 10%. Large dogs are prone to bone problems and this diet promotes bone health as it contains collagen. The recipe also aids in weight management as large dogs can easily become obese. Proteins promote muscle health and aids in tissue connectivity. The daily feeding is dictated by the weight of your dog and the activity levels. Dogs weighing 57 lbs need 3 ⅜ cups, 4 cups, and 4 ½ cups for less active, moderately active, and most active dogs respectively. This diet is best suited for large dogs. Huskies need this food for proper mobility and strong joints. Dogs with stomach sensitivities might react negatively to this recipe as it has corn and gluten.
Brit is a brand of dog food manufactured by Vafo, a company based in the Czech Republic.
Their ingredients are professionally sourced following the guidelines of renowned veterinarians. Their top premium by nature food for medium breeds was first produced on September 9th, 2018. The major ingredients include Deboned Chicken, Oats, Wheat, Chicken Fat, and Corn. The caloric content is 379 Kcal/cup while the protein content is 26% and fat content of 15%. The fiber and moisture contents are 2.2%, and 10% respectively. The protein keeps dogs’ teeth, bones, and muscles strong and healthy while the carbohydrates provide the energy needed for physical activity. Omega fatty acids are responsible for a beautiful coat and improved brain functioning. In addition, the food contains antioxidants and dietary fiber for protection from inflammation and improved digestion. The feeding schedule varies depending on your dog’s weight. This diet is best for medium-sized dogs. It also suits Huskies as it contains Glucosamine and Chondroitin for healthy joints and strong bones. This meal contains corn and wheat hence it should be avoided in dogs with stomach sensitivities. You should consult the vet before introducing it to your Husky to rule out any allergic reactions.
Goodboy dog foods are manufactured by Goodboy Company which provides personalized diets across the globe.
Their slogan is ‘eat smart, eat healthily. This top food for adults is made from 100% healthy ingredients for maximum nutritional benefits for Huskies. It is also designed to meet the standards and guidelines of AAFCO hence giving pet parents the confidence to buy from this brand. The protein content is 21% and the fat content is 8%. Fiber and moisture contents are 6% and 10%. The number one ingredient for this formula is real Beef which provides proteins that boost the muscle strength of Huskies. It is also fortified with antioxidants that protect from infection. The meal further promotes skin and coat health as it has omega fatty acids. DHA ensures your Husky’s brain is well developed. In addition, this food contains dietary fiber needed for proper digestion and healthy weight management. The feeding guidelines are based on the weight of your dog and the heavier the dog, the more portion required to meet the size nutritional requirements. This food is best for adult dogs. Huskies are a better fit for this recipe as it provides the essential proteins needed for bone and muscle health.
At Ollie, they believe in keeping it real.
By providing fresh, healthy food for dogs, they also serve peace of mind for the humans who love them. Whether you’re a dog trainer, dog nutritionist, dog blogger, or just a dog lover, joining the Ollie pack means supporting our mission to help dogs live their best lives.
This food is manufactured by Bixbi and targets all dog breeds.
The first five ingredients are Lamb Heart, Lamb Liver, Ground Lamb Bone, Squash, and Apples. It has a protein content of 45% for strong muscles and well-connected tissues. The fat content is 36% which ensures dogs remain active all day.
What are the facts that you should know about the best dog foods for Huskies?
The facts that you should know about the best foods for Huskies are given below:
- The best food for Huskies must have meat as the first ingredient which should be from well-specified meat sources like Chicken, Beef, and fish
- The best dog food for Huskies should have minimum by-products
- The best dog food for Huskies should have two meat sources listed among the first five ingredients
- The best dog food for Huskies should have minimum amounts of carbohydrates. Sweet Potatoes and Sorghum are the best carbohydrate sources
- The best dog food for Huskies should be free from artificial colors and preservatives and colorings. In addition, omega fatty acids like DHA promote brain and eye health hence play an important role in your Husky’s life
- Huskies are very active dogs hence the best dog food that is suitable for them should have a high caloric content
- Some Huskies cannot tolerate wheat, gluten, or lactose hence the best dog food for Huskies should be free from milk, wheat, and Gluten. Other ingredients for the best dog food for Huskies include chelated minerals that aid in the absorption of important nutrients and zinc proteinate which support gastrointestinal digestion and aid in the regulation of immune responses
What is the clean label on the dog food packages for Huskies?
The clean label refers to the presence of important or purposeful ingredients and the lack of harmful ingredients in Husky’s food. The clean label also means the use of healthy, natural, and wholesome ingredients. In addition, pet parents want to see labels that have health boosters like Glucosamine and Chondroitin. Clean labels are necessary as they help pet parents make the right decision when selecting foods for their Huskies. Clean labels are important for the following reasons:
- They give the ingredients and the guaranteed analysis making it easier to choose foods that are safe for Huskies
- Clean labels give the quantity of food in any given package making it easy to choose the right amounts to buy. This also helps when budgeting since you know how long a given amount would last
- The nutritional adequacy statement found in clean labels assures Huskies’ parents that the food is crafted according to the AAFCO standards hence nutritionally beneficial for their dogs’
Do dogs like the taste of dog food for Huskies?
Yes, most dogs like the taste of dog food for Huskies as the number one ingredient is mainly meat. However, most dog food for Huskies comes in dry form and Huskies can easily get bored with it as they are picky eaters. Wet foods are flavorful as they contain gravy and lots of moisture which softens the food. Research shows that dogs prefer beef and pork over chicken and lamb. In addition, pooches prefer warm food over cold food. Furthermore, dog food for Huskies mainly comes from raw meat like fish which can have a repulsive smell. In contrast, other dog foods are well-cooked thus removing the smell
Where can you buy dog food for Huskies?
There are various stores that sell dog food for Huskies. Some stores do online sales only while others have a specific physical location where pet parents can do their purchases in person. Online purchases can be expensive since you have to cater for the shipping or delivery charges. Another advantage of buying in a physical store is that you can negotiate the price. Online purchases, however, can save you time as you do not need to visit the store physically. The following are some of the stores and their headquarters in the US where you can buy dog food for Huskies:
Wellness Pet Food
St. Charles, Missouri
Nestle Purina PetCare
St. Louis, Missouri
Hill’s Pet Nutrition
Diamond Pet Food
Phoenix, Arizona, and online
What is the nutritional value of dog foods for Huskies?
The nutritional value for dog food for huskies is as given below:
- The foods should have a high-quality protein content from specific meat sources like chicken and beef as opposed to general terms like meat and poultry. The higher the protein content, the better the food for Huskies as it boosts muscle health
- The carbohydrates should be minimum. In addition, healthy carbohydrate sources like oatmeal, barley, and sweet potatoes should be selected as opposed to unhealthy fillers like wheat and corn
- The food should have moderate to high-fat content since Huskies are active dog breeds. The fats should come from healthy sources like flaxseed, canola oil, fish oil, and chicken fat
- Real fruits and organic vegetables should be used as they supply antioxidants and essential vitamins
- The food should use natural preservatives, opposed to artificial ones which are unhealthy for Huskies
- Chelated minerals aid in the absorption of important vitamins
What are the best freeze-dried dog foods?
The best freeze-dried dog foods are listed below:
- BIXBI Liberty Lamb Recipe Grain-Free Freeze-Dried Raw Dog Food: This food is manufactured by Bixbi and targets all dog breeds. The first five ingredients are Lamb Heart, Lamb Liver, Ground Lamb Bone, Squash, and Apples. It has a protein content of 45% for strong muscles and well-connected tissues. The fat content is 36% which ensures dogs remain active all day.
- TruDog Feed Me Crunchy Munchy Gourmet Gobbler Raw Freeze-Dried Dog Food: This raw recipe by TruDog is best suited for dogs with allergies and sensitive stomachs. The first five ingredients are Ground Turkey with Bone, Turkey Heart, Turkey Liver, Herring Oil, and Mixed Tocopherols. The high protein content of 46% is essential for lean muscles. This diet has a crunchy texture thus promoting dental health.
- Instinct Freeze-Dried Raw Meals Cage-Free Chicken Recipe Grain-Free Dog Food: This grain-free recipe made by Nature’s Variety is made from natural ingredients with the main ingredients being Chicken, Chicken Liver, Chicken Heart, Carrots, and Apples. The protein content is 36% for healthy muscles. Beta Carotene from carrots promotes eye health while antioxidants boost immunity. Freeze-drying ensures all nutrients are absorbed.
What are the best dry dog foods for Huskies to mix with wet dog food?
Mixing dry and wet food improves digestion. In addition, mixing ensures dogs get the best of both worlds. Mixing food is also cost-effective. Furthermore, mixed feeding aids in weight loss since the high water content makes dogs feel full fast from eating less. The following are the best dry foods to mix with wet foods:
- Merrick Healthy Grains Dry Dog Food Recipes: These Merrick recipes can be mixed with canned varieties of Merrick dog foods. It can also be added to other canned dog food with similar ingredients.
- Nutro Natural Dog Food for Puppies: They also make a good combination with wet food from the same brand. Other canned dogs food with similar ingredients can be added to these dry formulas.
The introduction of mixed foods should be gradual until your Husky has fully adapted to the new food, then you are at liberty to stop the old food.
What are the best dog foods for Huskies Puppies?
The best food for Huskies Puppies is one designed for large breeds as it provides the energy needed for their highly active lives. The protein content should be high since their muscles are still developing. The food should also have DHA for brain development. The foods listed below are the best for Huskies puppies:
- Sojos Complete Natural Freeze-Dried Natural Raw & Dehydrated Grain-Free Dog Food: This food is a brand of Sojos Foods and is best for all dog breeds. It has a 28% protein content with the first five ingredients being Turkey, Sweet Potatoes, Whole Egg, Flaxseeds, and Carrots. The food promotes eyesight as it contains Beta Carotene. Proteins promote the growth of strong muscles.
- Natural Balance Dry Puppy Food, Potato & Duck: This puppy food by the Natural Balance Company is suitable for puppies with sensitive digestion. It has a protein content of 25% for lean muscles. The main ingredients include Duck, Duck Meal, Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, and Cassava Flour. It is fortified with DHA for neural development essential during the puppy stage.
What are the brands for the dog foods for Huskies?
There are many brands for dog foods for Huskies and each brand has a unique way of producing its food. Having a variety of brands to choose from is an advantage to pet parents as they get the bargaining power. In addition, having many competing brands promotes quality as each brand wants to attract customers. Some of the brands that provide dog food for Huskies include the following:
- Taste of the Wild
- Royal Canin
- Purina Pro Plan
- American Journey
- Hill’s Science Diet
- Wellness Core
- Diamond Naturals
- Health Extensions
- Holistic Select
What are the best dog foods for Huskies with allergies?
Huskies with allergies need a specialized meal that is free from specific allergies. Pet parents of Huskies with allergies should carefully read the ingredients to determine whether a given diet is safe for their Huskies. The foods given below are the best for Huskies with allergies:
- The Honest Kitchen Beef Recipe Grain-Free Dehydrated Dog Food: This dog food is best suited for dogs with grain allergies and sensitive stomachs as it is free from grains, wheat, corn, gluten, and soy. The food is also nutritionally healthy for Huskies as it is rich in high-quality proteins from real meat which promotes growth and development of thick muscles.
- Wellness Simple Limited Ingredient Diet Grain-Free Turkey & Potato Formula Dry Dog Food: This food by Wellness is suitable for dogs with sensitive digestion and grain allergies. It is a limited ingredient diet with only one source of protein thus lowering the risks of allergic reactions. It is also easy to digest thus lowering stomach problems. This diet also contains Glucosamine and omega fatty acids for joint and skin health.
What are the best dog foods for small-sized Huskies?
The following are the best dog food for small-sized Huskies:
- Rachael Ray Nutrish Bright Puppy Natural Real Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food: The protein and fat contents for this food are28% and 16% respectively thus promoting muscle health and providing the energy needed by small-sized Huskies. This food is also rich in omega fatty acids including EPA and DHA for brain and eye health. In addition, it has taurine that promotes heart health.
- Nature’s Recipe Small Breed Grain-Free Dry Dog Food: This grain-free food is formulated for small dog breeds and is rich in protein that promotes a muscular appearance. It has fiber for proper digestion. The protein and fat values are 24% and 14% respectively. It is crafted using dense carbs like sweet potatoes to supply energy to small Huskies.
What are the best dog foods for medium-sized Huskies?
The best food for medium-sized Huskies are listed below:
- Acana High Protein Adult Dry Dog Food, Wholesome Grains, and Grain-Free: This premium dog food is crafted from raw ingredients that appeal to Huskies’ instincts. It is an excellent source of high-quality protein for strong teeth, bones, and muscles. Medium-sized Huskies are well-suited for this diet as it has antioxidants that protect from oxidative damage. It also has a high-calorie content.
- AvoDerm Weight Support Chicken Meal & Brown Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food: This recipe has a low-fat content of 8% thus suitable for medium-size Huskies with weight problems and those that are less active. It is enriched with omega fatty acids for a shiny coat and lustrous skin. This diet is also free from wheat, soy, and corn thus safe for dogs with stomach sensitivities.
What are the best dog foods for large Huskies?
The following are the best foods for large Huskies:
- Wellness CORE Grain-Free Large Breed Chicken & Turkey Recipe Dry Dog Food: This high-quality protein food is best suited for large and giant Huskies and it comes in large-sized kibbles making it easier for large Huskies to eat. The proteins from Chicken and Turkey boost muscle and bone health while vitamin C from real fruits promotes immunity. Probiotics aid in proper digestion.
- Blue Buffalo Wilderness Large Breed Chicken Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food: This High protein recipe is suited for large breeds as it has EPA, Chondroitin, and Glucosamine for eye and joint health. Omega fatty acids give Huskies healthy skin and coat. This food further contains antioxidants that boost immunity. Furthermore, this diet has no wheat or corn thus suitable for dogs with sensitive tummies.
What are the best dog foods for Huskies with itchy skin?
The following are the best dog food for Huskies with itchy skin;
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Canine Hydrolyzed Protein Small Dog Dry Dog Food: This dog food is crafted to lower skin and gastrointestinal reactions resulting from the intake of some proteins found in dog foods. The proteins are broken down into smaller sizes that the immune system would not recognize as allergens. This diet has amino acids and B vitamins that protect the skin barrier.
- Zignature Turkey Limited Ingredient Premium Dry Dog Food: This meal is well-suited for Huskies with itchy skin as it is a limited diet recipe free from wheat, corn, soy, chicken, and chicken by-products.It is low glycemic for blood sugar regulation and has antioxidants that protect from chronic diseases like cancer. Fiber is essential for the proper digestion process.
What are the best grain-free dog foods for Huskies?
The following are the best grain-free dog foods for Huskies:
- American Journey Beef & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food: This recipe is free from grains thus safe for Huskies who cannot tolerate grains. It is also free from corn, soy, and wheat hence safe for Huskies with sensitive tummies. This meal has DHA for neural development and proteins for lean muscle mass. In addition, it has Beta-Carotene for eye health.
- Merrick Chunky Grain-Free Wet Dog Food Big Texas Steak Tips Dinner: This is a grain-free diet with the main ingredients being Deboned Beef, Beef Broth, Vegetable Broth, and Beef Liver. It has a moisture content of 82% which aids in digestion and flushing out toxins. The chunks of beef add to the flavor making your dog’s taste buds tremble with excitement.
What are the best dog foods for Huskies for tear stains?
The following foods are the best for dog stains:
- Nature’s Logic Dog Food Canine Meal: This diet is suitable for all dog breeds and it was first produced on May 17th, 2013. This diet is crafted from whole and natural ingredients hence safe for Huskies with tear stains. This recipe also contains probiotics and digestive enzymes for proper nutrient absorption, gut health, and improved digestion process.
- Blue Buffalo Basics Limited Ingredient Diet, Grain Free Natural Adult Dry Dog Food: Real Turkey is the number one ingredient for this grain-free dog food. The food aids in preventing and reducing the risks of tear stains. The use of limited ingredients ensures that dogs do not react negatively to it. This diet further contains antioxidants for immunity while pumpkin boosts bowel and gut health.
What are the best dog foods for Huskies dogs with glucosamine?
The foods given below are the best foods for Huskies dogs with glucosamine:
- Hill’s Science Diet Dry Dog Food, Adult, Large Breed, Healthy Mobility for Joint Health: This food contains Chondroitin and Glucosamine for healthy joints. It also has calcium and L-Carnitine for strong bones. The omega fatty acids from fish oil boost the skin and coat health. In addition, this food contains prebiotics and dietary fiber that promote bowel health Proteins also promote muscle and bone health.
- Nutro Wholesome Essentials Senior Dry Food: Farm-raised chicken is the number ingredient thus boosting the protein values for strong muscles. Glucosamine, Chondroitin, and omega fatty acids ensure healthy joints, skin, and coat. It is easy to digest thus lowering the risks of digestive problems. In addition, this diet has calcium for thick bones. Antioxidants protect dogs from oxidative damage.
What are the best dog foods for Huskies with chicken?
The best foods for Huskies with chicken include the following:
- Instinct Grain-Free Recipe Freeze-Dried Dry Food: The first five ingredients for this recipe include Chicken, Chicken Meal, Peas, Chicken Fat, and Tapioca. The caloric content is 518 Kcal/cup while the protein and fat contents are 37% and 20% respectively. Protein from chicken promotes muscle growth and maintenance while probiotics and antioxidants aid in digestion and protection from inflammation.
- Purina ONE SmartBlend Natural Adult Chicken & Rice Dry Dog Food: The first five ingredients for this food are Chicken, Rice Flour, Corn Gluten Meal, Whole Grain Corn, and Chicken By-Product Meal. The proteins from real chicken are beneficial as they promote healthy muscle and bone growth. This recipe also contains Beta-Carotene which promotes proper vision while vitamin C boosts immunity.
What are the best dog foods for Huskies with pancreatitis?
Huskies with the pancreas need a specialized diet with fewer fats to lower the risks of overworking the pancreas. The following are the best foods for Huskies with pancreatitis:
- Annamaet Grain-Free Lean Low Fat Formula Dry Dog Food: As the name suggests, this dog food contains low-fat contents to reduce the workload on the pancreas. This meal is also best suited for dogs with sensitive digestion and weight problems. This recipe has DHA for neurological development and L-Carnitine for lean muscle mass. antioxidants protect from infections.
- Nulo Freestyle Cod & Lentils Recipe Grain-Free Adult Trim Dry Dog Food: This recipe targets all dog breeds and has a low-fat content. It also has probiotics for smooth digestion and L-Carnitine that promote the breakdown of fats. In addition, this meal contains calcium and phosphorus for strong bones. Furthermore, this diet is low glycemic thus aiding in the regulation of blood sugar.
What are the best dog foods for Huskies with a sensitive stomach?
The best dog food for Huskies with sensitive stomachs should be free from fillers like corn and they include the following:
- Diamond Care Sensitive Stomach Formula Adult Grain-Free Dry Dog Food: This food is the perfect choice for Huskies with sensitive stomachs as it is free from grain, gluten, wheat, corn, or soy which are the main triggers of a stomach reaction. The food is also highly digestible and has probiotics that boost bowel health. Omega fatty acids promote skin health.
- NaturVet Advanced Probiotics & Enzymes Digestive Supplement for Dogs: This is a soft chew that suits all breed sizes. It is enhanced with probiotics that promote the growth of healthy bacteria in the gut thus lowering the risks of gastrointestinal issues. It is also easy to digest thus reducing the probability of stomach problems. Proteins aid in building lean muscle mass.
What are the best dog foods for picky eater Huskies?
Picky eater Huskies are problematic when it comes to feeding. The following foods suit picky eater Huskies:
- Stella & Chewy’s Freeze-Dried Raw Grain-Free Food: This premium dog food is formulated from raw meat which appeals to your Husky’s instincts thus tempting even the picky eaters. Freeze Drying also promotes flavor making all dogs including the selective ones to salivate. This recipe is also fortified with antioxidants and probiotics for proper immunity and bowel health.
- Taste of the Wild Roasted Bison and Venison High Protein Real Meat Recipes Premium Dry Dog Food: This recipe is the best choice for Huskies with sensitive stomachs as it has probiotics that ensure smooth digestion which lowers the risks of digestive problems. This meal is also free from wheat, corn, and grains hence safe for all dogs including those with tummy sensitivities. In addition, this diet is enhanced with antioxidants for protection from inflammation.