24 Best Dog Foods for Great Danes
Great Danes are giant dogs with a fast growth rate. The best foods for this breed match their nutritional and health requirements. The best food for Great Danes should have high-quality proteins. The fat content should be moderate, while the caloric value should be high as they have a larger body mass. However, you should not give lots of calories at once as they are prone to obesity.
Your Great Dane’s life stage will dictate the calories needed. Puppies are highly active hence need more calories than adults and seniors. These breeds are prone to health issues like joint problems and hip dysplasia due to high pressure exerted on the bones and joints. Their best food should, therefore, have glucosamine and chondroitin. In addition, they are susceptible to hypertrophic osteodystrophy or painful bones and their best food should have calcium and phosphorus.
Furthermore, Great Danes are predisposed to bloating and cancer, so their best food should have probiotics, fiber, and antioxidants. They are also susceptible to heart problems, including dilated cardiomyopathy so their food should have taurine and L-carnitine. Choosing the right format lowers the risks of obesity, allergies, and digestive problems to keep dogs happy.
Our top five brands for the best dog food for Great Danes are Royal Canin, Blue Buffalo, Orijen, Nutro, and Eukanuba with the average price being $ 54. The prices range from $ 27 to $ 92.
Here are 5 best dog foods for Great Danes:
|Check Price on AmazonCheck Price on Chewy|
|Check Price on AmazonCheck Price on Chewy|
Best for Senior Dogs
|Check Price on AmazonCheck Price on Chewy|
Best for Healthy Joints
|Check Price on AmazonCheck Price on Chewy|
|Check Price on AmazonCheck Price on Chewy|
Note: the prices quoted in this article are as of 15th February 2022.
View Table of Contents
- Best Overall 1. Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Large Breed Adult Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Dry Food
- Best Value 2. Gentle Giants Canine Nutrition Chicken Dry Food
- Best for Senior Dogs 3. Victor Senior Healthy Weight Dry Food
- Best for Healthy Joints 4. Holistic Select Large & Giant Breed Health Adult Chicken Meal & Oatmeal Dry Food
- Best Breed-Specific 5. Royal Canin Great Dane Adult Dry Dog Food
- 6. Nutro Ultra Large Breed Adult Dry Dog Food
- 7. Eukanuba Large Breed Puppy Dry Food
- 8. Orijen Puppy Large Dry Food Recipe
- 9. Holistic Select Large & Giant Breeds Natural Dry Food Puppy Recipe
- 10. AvoDerm Natural Chicken & Rice Formula Canned Food
- 11. Nutro Ultra Grain-Free Senior Pate Wet Food
- 12. Diamond Naturals Premium Large Breed Formulas Dry
- 13. Bil-Jac Dog Food Dry Adult Select Formula
- 14. Nulo Frontrunner Dry Food for Adult Dogs
- 15. Wellness Large Breed Complete Health Adult Deboned Chicken & Brown Rice Dry Food
- 16. Health Extension Large Bites Chicken & Brown Rice Dry Food
- 17. American Journey Large Breed Salmon & Brown Rice Dry Food
- 18. Nutro Wholesome Essentials Healthy Weight Large Breed Dog Food Dry Food
- 19. Taste of the Wild Grain-Free Wet Canned Dog Food
- 20. Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Large Breed Dog Food Dry Food
- 21. Triple Crown Gourmet Dry Food
- 22. Specific CPD-XL Puppy Large & Giant Breed Dry Food
- 23. Instinct Limited Ingredient Diet Grain-Free Recipe Turkey Dry Food
- 24. Ollie
- What facts should you know about the best dog foods for Great Danes?
1. Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Large Breed Adult Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Dry Food
Serve your dog this tangy meal from Blue Buffalo for optimal nutrition.
It is crafted with the needs of large and giant breeds in mind. The production date is October 2nd, 2004, and it has gained loyalty from pet parents across the globe. Deboned Chicken is the number one ingredient for high-quality proteins of 21% to give your dog a muscular build. Other key ingredients are Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Oatmeal, and Barley.
It has a caloric value of 352 Kcal/cup and a fat value of 12% to support physical activity. The protein, fiber, and moisture contents are 22%, 6%, and 10%. Consuming this meal promotes bone, muscle, and joint health with calcium Phosphorus, glucosamine, and chondroitin. It is also good for the maintenance of healthy weight as it contains L-carnitine, which converts excess fat into useful energy. Moreover, this recipe has omega fatty acids and taurine for skin, coat, and heart health.
Antioxidants and beta-carotene protect against free radicals that cause cancer and proper eyesight. This formula is better for Great Danes as it supports heart and joint health and protects against cancer. It is suitable for dogs with sensitivities as it is free from fillers. The daily consumption depends on your dog’s poundage, with dogs weighing 50-70 pounds needing 3 ¼ o 4 ¼ cups.
2. Gentle Giants Canine Nutrition Chicken Dry Food
Start your dog’s day with this highly palatable meal from Gentle Giants for top-notch nutrition.
It is crafted with non-GMO natural ingredients to lower the risks of bloating. The production date is January 10th, 2020, and it is gaining popularity among pet parents. It targets all dog breeds.
The primary ingredients are Chicken Meal, Pearled Barley, Brown Rice, Oatmeal, and Peas. It is naturally preserved with Mixed Tocopherols. The caloric value is 358 Kcal/cup, while the fat value is 9% to provide energy and lower the risks of obesity. The protein value of 22% keeps muscles strong.
is crafted with pumpkin for high-quality fiber to boost digestive health. Real fruits and vegetables provide antioxidants that blend with vitamin C, and E to protect from free radicals that cause cancer. It is a perfect choice for Great Danes as it gives them healthy joints and hips with glucosamine and chondroitin. Omega fatty acids keep the coat and skin bright.
The daily feeding depends on your dog’s poundage, with dogs weighing less than 15 lbs needing ½ to 1 cup while those weighing 15-30 lbs need 2 cups. This meal is suitable for dogs with sensitive digestion as it contains no fillers.
Best for Senior Dogs
3. Victor Senior Healthy Weight Dry Food
Is your Great Dane approaching his golden years? Then this is the perfect choice as it is crafted specifically for senior dogs.
The production date is April 4th, 2015. It is also better for your Great Dane as it supports joint health with glucosamine and chondroitin. It suits your less active senior dog with a caloric value of 360 Kcal/cup and a fat value of 11.5%.
The protein value of 27% promotes muscle power, while the fiber value of 4.5% ensures smooth digestion and maintenance of a healthy weight. The main ingredients are Beef Meal, Whole Grain Brown Rice, Whole Grain Millet, Grain Sorghum, and Chicken Fat. It is crafted with linoleic acid for omega fatty acids that boost coat and skin health.
Senior dogs are prone to memory loss, and this meal boosts your dog’s thinking capability with DHA. L-carnitine also promotes healthy weight as it converts excess fat to energy. Great Danes are prone to cancer and antioxidants help lower cancer risks by protecting your dog from harmful free radicals. It also lowers stool odor with yucca schidigera.
Dogs weighing 10 lbs need ¾ cups per day for weight maintenance and ⅔ cups for weight loss.
Best for Healthy Joints
4. Holistic Select Large & Giant Breed Health Adult Chicken Meal & Oatmeal Dry Food
Give your Great Dane a reason to look forward to mealtimes with this mouth-watering, carefully crafted formula by Holistic Select.
The production date is October 2nd, 2001, targeting large and giant breeds. The primary ingredients are Chicken Meal, Rice, Oatmeal, Oats, and Chicken Fat with a caloric value of 453 Kcal/cup and a fat value of 14% to boost your dog’s energy levels.
The protein, fiber, and moisture values are 24%, 4%, and 10%, respectively. It supports digestive health with a combination of probiotics, fiber, and digestive enzymes. It is highly palatable to appeal to your picky eater Great Dane. This meal is better for Great Danes as it supports bone, muscle, and joint health with calcium, phosphorus, glucosamine, and chondroitin. It is further crafted with taurine and L-carnitine for cardiac wellness.
In addition, this delicacy has antioxidants, vitamin C, and Vitamin E that blend for top-notch immunity. Furthermore, it has omega fatty acids and vitamin A to lower shedding frequencies. Dogs weighing 50-60 lbs need 2 ⅜ to 2 ¾ cups per day. This recipe is suitable for dogs with sensitive digestion. Avoid this meal in dogs with grain allergies as it is grain-inclusive.
5. Royal Canin Great Dane Adult Dry Dog Food
Maintain your Great Dane’s magnificence with this formula from Mars PetFood Company specifically formulated for your giant dog.
The production date is November 1st, 2017, with no history of recalls. The key ingredients are Chicken Fat, Chicken By-Product Meal, Tapioca, Brewers Rice, and Corn. The caloric value of 390 Kcal/cup with the fat value of 23% boost the energy levels.
The protein, fiber, and moisture values are 21%, 4.2, and 10%. It lowers the risks of joint problems and hip dysplasia with glucosamine and chondroitin. It is also packed with DHA and EPA for brain functioning, proper vision, and mobility. It also reduces the probability of heart problems with taurine and L-carnitine.
It is naturally preserved hence better for Great Danes since they are susceptible to bloating. Vitamin C and E are responsible for protection against infections. It comes in specialized kibble perfect for your Great Dane’s mouth to ease chewing and digestion. It also supports digestion and stool quality with highly digestible proteins and fibers.
The daily consumption varies depending on your dog’s weight and activity levels. Dogs weighing 110.2 lbs need 6 ¾ cups for normal activity and 8 ⅛ cups for high activity. This diet is suitable for Great 24 months and older.
This formula from Nutro is an excellent choice for your Great Dane as it is formulated for large and giant breeds; the production date is May 13th, 2009.
Chicken and Chicken Meal are the first two ingredients that contribute to the protein value of 22% for strong muscles. Other major ingredients are Whole Grain Brown Rice, Whole Grain Sorghum, and Whole Grain Barley.
The caloric value is 350 Kcal/cup with a fat value of 13% to provide sufficient energy, while the fiber and moisture values are 4% and 10%. It lowers the problems of painful bones and joints as it contains calcium, phosphorus, glucosamine, and chondroitin. This meal further promotes heart health with taurine and methionine. It also gives your dog a delightful appearance with omega fatty acids.
Chelated minerals, vitamin C, vitamin E, and antioxidants work together to boost immunity. This flavorful recipe is free from artificial preservatives, colorings, wheat, corn, soy, and pea, thus suitable for dogs with stomach sensitivities. It is also perfect for Great Danes with bloating problems.
The daily portions vary depending on the weight of your dog. Dogs weighing 40 lbs need 2 ¼ cups, while those weighing 50 lbs need 2 ⅔ cups.
Give your large puppy optimal bone and muscle development with this delicacy from Mars Pet Care designed for large and giant breeds.
This meal provides optimal nutrition for overall growth. The production date is December 21st, 2011, with a caloric value of 357 calories per cup and a fat value of 14% to fuel your dog’s energy levels.
Chicken is the number one ingredient, thus contributing to a high protein value of 26% for strong muscles. The fiber and moisture contents are 3.7% and 10%. The other key ingredients are Chicken By-Product Meal, Corn, Wheat, and Chicken Fat. It is best for your Great Dane as it lowers the risks of bone problems with calcium and phosphorus.
This recipe also contains DHA for proper eyesight and neural development for your large puppy. Antioxidants protect your dog from oxidative damage that causes inflammatory diseases like cancer. It is suitable for puppies up to 15 months old and is expected to be over 55 lbs. It is grain-inclusive; hence you should not give dogs with grain allergies.
Dogs weighing 3 lbs need 1 ¼ cups, while those weighing 5 lbs need 1 ¾ cups. For finicky dogs, you can add warm water to improve the taste.
Unleash your large puppy’s extraordinary potential with this mouth-watering meal from Champion Pet Foods.
It is crafted with the needs of your large puppy in mind for complete and balanced growth. The production date is March 15th, 2019, with no history of recalls. The first five ingredients are meat sources contributing to a 38% protein value to fuel your dog’s muscles.
These key ingredients are Chicken, Turkey, Flounder, Whole Mackerel, and Chicken Liver. It ensures your puppy stays active throughout the day with a caloric value of 451 Kcal/cup and a fat value of 16%. It also provides proper brain and eye development with DHA and promotes mobility with EPA. Calcium, phosphorus, and glucosamine work together to promote bone, muscle, and joint health.
This diet is further enhanced with omega fatty acids to reduce shedding and keep the skin and coat shiny. It is crafted with raw ingredients to appeal to your dog’s instincts. Freeze-Drying gives it a burst of flavor that will delight your picky eater Great Dane. Serve moderately to lower the risks of obesity. Dogs weighing 11 lbs need 1 ⅓ cups, while those weighing 22 lbs need 2 ¼ cups daily. It suits dogs with grain allergies and sensitivities.
Lavish your large puppy with peak nutrition with this holistic meal from Holistic Select.
The production date is October 30th, 2009, with no history of recalls. The key ingredients are Lamb Meal, Chicken Meal, Oatmeal, Brown Rice, and Barley. The caloric value of 433 Kcal/cup and fat value of 16% keeps your dog active throughout the day.
The protein value of 25% supports your puppy’s growing muscles. The fiber and moisture values are 4.5% and 10%, respectively. This formula is crafted with taurine and omega fatty acids for cardiovascular wellness and lower shedding levels. It also contains DHA to make your puppy smarter and improve trainability.
Consuming this meal lowers the risks of bone problems as it contains calcium and phosphorus. It also lowers the frequencies of infections with antioxidants, vitamin C, and vitamin E. it is better for your Great Dane as it boosts bone and heart health.
The daily consumption varies depending on your dog’s weight, with dogs weighing 50-60 lbs needing 2 ⅜ to 2 ¾ cups while those weighing 70-80 lbs need 3 to 3 ⅜ cups. This formula is suitable for dogs with sensitive digestion. You should, however, avoid in dogs with grain allergies.
Give your dog a lustrous skin and shiny coat with this omega-rich avocado formula by Breeder’s ChoicePet Foods LLC.
The production date is June 7th, 2013. The primary ingredients are Chicken, Chicken Broth, Chicken Liver, Ocean Fish, and Rice. The first four ingredients are excellent sources of proteins for lean muscle mass.
The protein, fat, fiber, and moisture values are 8%, 7%, 1.5%, and 78%. The caloric value is 476 Kcal/can to provide sufficient energy for your active Great Dane. The high moisture content keeps your dog hydrated, promotes digestive health, and removes toxins from the body. This recipe lowers the frequencies of shedding with omega fatty acids.
Carrots, blueberries, and cranberries are the best sources of beta-carotene and antioxidants for proper eyesight and cancer prevention. Chelated minerals ensure maximum absorption of essential nutrients. This recipe is free from wheat and corn thus safe for dogs with stomach sensitivities. It is a perfect choice for Great Danes as it lowers cancer risks and supports muscle power.
The daily feeding depends on your dog’s poundage, with dogs weighing 3-10 lbs needing 11/3 to 1 cup while those weighing 10-20 lbs need 1 to 1 ½ cups.
Give your Great Dane peak nourishment with this high-quality protein formula from Nutro with a production date of March 28th, 2011.
It targets all dog breeds. The first five ingredients are Chicken, Chicken Liver, Chicken Broth, Spinach, and Tomatoes with a caloric value of 98 Kcal/tray. The protein and fat values are 8% and 55, respectively, while the fiber and moisture contents are 1.5% and 78%.
It is crafted with real fruits for antioxidants to protect your dog from cancer. It is free from fillers like wheat and corn and has no grains hence perfect for dogs with tummy sensitivities and grain allergies. This meal is also highly palatable to delight all dogs, including fussy eaters. It promotes coat and skin health with vitamin A.
You can serve this formula as a standalone meal or a topper. Adult dogs require 3 ½ trays per day for every 10 lbs of body weight. A 5-10 transition period enables your dog to adapt to the new food fully and lowers the risks of stomach problems and allergies. It is best to consult the vet before introducing any new food in your dog’s diet to rule out any allergies.
This meal is perfect for Great Danes crafted for large dogs.
The main ingredients are Lamb Meal, Whole Grain Brown Rice, Cracked Pearled Barley, Oatmeal, and Grain Sorghum. It lowers the risks of joint problems and hip dysplasia with glucosamine and chondroitin. It also lowers heart problems with taurine.
Power your dog’s day with this super-premium delicacy featuring real chicken and wholesome oatmeal for high-quality proteins and fiber that support muscle and digestive health.
This diet is slowly cooked to retain all essential nutrients for optimal nutritional benefits. It keeps the skin smooth and lowers the frequencies of shedding with omega fatty acids.
Crafted with real chicken and ancient grains, this recipe is the best choice for your Great Dane.
It has probiotics, antioxidants, and taurine for digestive health, proper immunity, and a healthy heart. It is also low glycemic, thus suitable for diabetic dogs. Consuming this meal give your dog a smooth coat with omega fatty acids.
This meal is crafted for large and giant breeds and gives your Great Dane complete wellness.
Deboned Chicken and Chicken Meal are the first two ingredients for optimum proteins to support your dog’s muscles. It promotes skin, coat, heart, and joint health with omega fatty acids, taurine, glucosamine, and chondroitin.
Extend your dog’s life span with this highly palatable and holistically nutritious recipe.
It lowers the risks of painful bones with calcium and phosphorus and also supports joint health with glucosamine. It is further fortified with L-carnitine for a healthy weight and heart health. Omega fatty acids support coat and skin wellness.
Help your dog enjoy his everyday life with this mouth-watering recipe.
It provides top-notch proteins as real Salmon is the first ingredient.it is crafted with sweet potatoes and carrots for high-quality fiber and beta-carotene to support bowel and vision health. Antioxidants help the immune system and protect against inflammation.
Give your Great Dane wholesome nutrition with this richly flavored meal that supports a healthy weight for optimum health.
It has chicken as the first ingredient to boost muscle health. Chicken Meal is the second ingredient for glucosamine and chondroitin for strong hips and joints. Whole grain sorghum provides fiber for digestion.
Delight your dog’s instincts with this meal that mimics wild dog food.
It features real beef, bison, ocean fish, and lamb for premium proteins to promote lean muscle development. It has prebiotics and omega fatty acids for smooth digestion and lower shedding frequencies. The high moisture value hydrates your dog.
Give your dog balanced and complete nutrition with this limited ingredient formula that is gut-friendly.
It features real lamb as the number one ingredient for novel proteins for muscle power. It promotes bone, skin, coat, and heart health with calcium, phosphorus, omega fatty acids, and taurine. Antioxidants boost immunity.
Crown your Great Dane with this tangy meal with seafood flavor.
It is crafted from raw ingredients to appeal to your dog’s wild nature. It is an excellent source of proteins for muscle health and has omega fatty acids to promote coat and skin health. In addition, this recipe has antioxidants for immunity.
This is an excellent choice for your fast-growing Great Dane as it is formulated for controlled growth and the prevention of obesity.
It contains calcium for strong bones and muscles. In addition, it has omegas for coat and skin health. Beet pulp is the source of fermentable fiber for digestive health.
Delight your dog’s instinct with this tangy formula with fewer ingredients to lower sensitivities and allergic reactions.
It has 469 calories per cup with a fat value of 18% for sufficient energy for high activity. High-quality protein from Turkey and Turkey Meal fuels your dog’s muscles while vitamin E promotes immunity.
At Ollie, they believe in keeping it real.
By providing fresh, healthy food for dogs, they also serve peace of mind for the humans who love them. Whether you’re a dog trainer, dog nutritionist, dog blogger, or just a dog lover, joining the Ollie pack means supporting our mission to help dogs live their best lives.
What facts should you know about the best dog foods for Great Danes?
Here are the facts that you should know about the best dog food for Great Danes:
- The best dog food for Great Danes should have moderate to high protein values to boost muscle health. The proteins should come from real and recognizable sources like Turkey or Chicken, and they should be in the first five ingredients list.
- Great Danes are prone to obesity; hence their best dog foods should have low to moderate fats. The foods should also contain L-carnitine to break down excess fat. The fats should come from healthy sources like flaxseed and chicken fat.
- Great Danes are susceptible to cancer and heart problems; hence their best foods should have antioxidants and taurine.
- Great Danes are also predisposed to joint problems, hip dysplasia, and painful bones, so their best foods should contain glucosamine, chondroitin, calcium, and phosphorus.
- In addition, these dog breeds are prone to bloating, so their best dog food should be free from wheat, corn, soy, and artificial preservatives. The meals should also have probiotics and prebiotics to ease digestion.
- Carbs supplement your dog’s energy levels, and Great Danes also need them. However, the carbs should be limited and from wholesome sources. The carbs should also be highly digestible.
What are the Best Dog Foods for Great Danes according to Sizes?
Best Dog Foods for small-sized Great Danes.
Nulo Freestyle Salmon & Lentils Formula. The main ingredients are Deboned Salmon, Turkey Meal, Menhaden Fish Meal, Lamb Meal, and Red Lentils. It has a caloric value of 422 Kcal/cup and a fat value of 17% for sufficient energy.
Best Dog Foods for medium-sized Great Danes.
- Acana High Protein Adult Dry Food. It is formulated with fresh and raw ingredients to mimic wild dog food, thus attracting all dogs, including picky eaters. It is also an excellent source of protein for thick muscles.
- Royal Canin Size Health Nutrition Medium Adult Dry Food. It contains DHA and omega fatty acids for neural development, vision wellness, and smooth skin. Antioxidants work together with vitamin C and E to boost immunity.
Best Dog Foods for large Great Danes
- Blue Buffalo Large Breed Chicken Recipe Dry Food. Deboned chicken is the number one ingredient for premium proteins for ideal growth and strong muscles. It supports joint health with glucosamine and chondroitin.
- Now Fresh Adult Large Breed Recipe. It lowers the risk of hip dysplasia and joint problems with glucosamine and chondroitin.
What are the best dog foods for Great Danes with different health conditions?
Best Dog Foods for Great Danes with itchy skin
- Blue Buffalo Basics Limited Ingredient Formula. It is free from chicken, wheat, soy, dairy, and eggs and has fewer ingredients to lower skin problems. It has glucosamine, calcium, and phosphorus for joint, bone, and muscle health.
- Purina Pro Plan Development Puppy Classic Canned Dog Food. This meal is perfect for itchy skin as it has no wheat, corn, soy, or artificial preservatives. It has DHA for brain and vision wellness.
Best Dog Foods for picky eater Great Danes
- The Honest Kitchen Turkey Formula Dehydrated Dog Food. It is crafted with cage-free dehydrated Turkey from a burst of flavors to appeal to your picky eater Great Dane.
- Rachel Ray Nutrich Chicken & Brown Rice Formula. It is crafted with natural Chicken. The chicken is slow-roasted with hickory smoke flavor and blended with cranberries and apples for a rich taste that delights your picky eater Great Dane.
Best Dog Foods for Great Danes with pancreatitis
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Gastrointestinal Low Fat Formula. It is an excellent choice for pancreatic dogs as it has a low-fat value of 8.5%. It has taurine and DHA for heart, brain, and eye wellness.
- Hill’s Prescription Diet Gastrointestinal Biome Dry Food. It has a fat value of 9%, which is safe for dogs with pancreatitis. It has omega fatty acids for skin health.
Best Dog Foods for Great Danes with a sensitive stomach
- Wellness Core Digestive Health Dry Food. This recipe is highly digestible and has probiotics and digestive enzymes for smooth digestion and lower the risk of stomach problems. Papaya and pumpkin also support digestion.
- Go! Sensitivities Limited Ingredient Salmon Recipe. It has fewer ingredients and is free from fillers like wheat or corn hence safe for Great Danes with sensitivities.
Best Dog Foods for Great Danes with allergies
- Canidae Limited Ingredient Salmon & Sweet Potato Dry Food. It has only 8 ingredients to lower the risks of allergic reactions. Having fewer ingredients will also help you easily identify an allergen for your dog.
- Merrick Limited Ingredient Turkey & Brown Rice Canned Food. It has no pea, potato, soy, or corn, the most common allergens.
What are the best dogs with different ingredients for Great Danes?
Best Dog Foods with pumpkin for Great Danes
- Weruva Pumpkin Patch-Up Formula. The soluble and insoluble fiber supports digestion. It contains pumpkin and water for processing. The high water content hydrates dogs and removes poison from the body. Both water and pumpkin are essential ingredients; hence they are proper
- Nature’s Recipe Grain-free Large Breed Formula. Chicken, Chicken Meal, Garbanzo Beans, Peas, and Pea Starch are the main ingredients. Pumpkin is the 8th ingredient. All these are proper ingredients.
Best chicken-free Dog Foods for Great Danes
- Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream Grain-free Dry Formula. The main ingredients are Salmon, Ocean Fish Meal, Sweet Potatoes, Potatoes, and Peas. all these are proper ingredients as they support the overall growth of your dog.
- Stella & Chewy’s Duck Freeze-Dried Dinner Patties Raw Formula. The main ingredients are Duck, Turkey, Turkey Liver, Goose, and Turkey Gizzard thus contributing to a high protein value of 38% for muscle health. These ingredients are proper.
What Different Dog Breeds Can Eat Great Danes Food?
Best Great Danes Dog Foods for Neapolitan Mastiff
These dogs are both giant breeds. They are also the best watchdogs. Great Danes are house-friendly but Neapolitan Mastiffs cannot be kept in the house. Here are the best food for both breeds:
- Eukanuba Large Breed Adult Dry Dog Food. It contains prebiotics and fiber for digestive health and has glucosamine and chondroitin for healthy joints.
- Addiction Mega Dry Dog Food. it has 374 calories per cup for sufficient energy and a protein value of 20% for muscle health.
Best Great Danes Dog Foods for Scottish Deerhound
Both dogs are giant breeds with minimal grooming needs. However, Great Danes have a dense coat while Scottish Deerhounds have a wiry coat. Below are the best foods for both breeds:
- Orijen Original Grain-free Dry Dog Food. It is crafted for all dog breeds and has 473 calories per cup to fuel your dog’s energy levels. The high protein value of 38% strengthens your dog’s muscles.
- American Journey Salmon & Sweet Potato Formula. It meets the energy needs of giant dogs and supports bone, joint, and muscle health.