22 Best Dog Foods for Goldendoodles
Goldendoodles are crossbreeds of Poodles and Golden Retrievers. Their dietary needs vary depending on their life stages. Puppy Goldendoodles need more calories than adults and seniors as they are more active. Dog food for Goldendoodles is food that suits their nutritional and health requirements.
The best dog food for Goldendoodles should be crafted with high-quality proteins from recognized meat sources. Protein is essential for puppies as they boost the growth of strong muscles, while in adults, proteins promote the development of lean muscle. The best dog food for Goldendoodles should also have moderate fat from healthy sources like chicken.
Goldendoodles are highly active; hence the best food for this breed should have sufficient calories to sustain their activity levels. In addition, the food should have fewer carbs, and the carbs should come from wholesome sources. Goldendoodles are prone to bloating, so their food should be gut-friendly. Goldendoodle also grows quickly and is susceptible to joint and bone problems, so their food should contain calcium, phosphorous, glucosamine, and chondroitin.
Serving the right format ensures your dog gets maximum nutritional benefits and reduces the risks of stomach problems and allergic reactions. The right format also lowers the chances of obesity and keeps dogs happy.
The top five brands for Goldendoodle food are Merrick, Hill’s Science, Wellness, Acana, and Taste of the Wild. The average price is $58, ranging from $20 to $94.
Here are the best dog foods for Goldendoodles:
|Check Price on AmazonCheck Price on Chewy
|Check Price on AmazonCheck Price on Chewy
|Check Price on AmazonCheck Price on Chewy
Best for Joint Health
|Check Price on Amazon
Best for Puppies
|Check Price on AmazonCheck Price on Chewy
Note: the prices quoted in this article are as of 2nd February 2022
View Table of Contents
1. Acana Regionals Grassland Dry Dog Food
Champion Pet Foods manufactures this savory meal for small and medium breeds.
The first production date is March 15th, 2019. The main ingredients are Deboned Lamb, Deboned Duck, Eggs, Lamb Meal, and Goat Meal. This diet contains 388 calories per cup to keep your dog active throughout the day. The protein value is 33% for lean muscles while the fat value is 17%. The fiber and moisture values are 6% and 12%, respectively.
Consuming this meal promotes neural development and vision health with DHA. It also promotes bone and joint health with calcium, phosphorus, and glucosamine. Omega fatty acids support skin and coat appearance, while antioxidants boost immunity. Dietary fiber and beta-carotene promote bowel and eye health.
The daily consumption varies depending on your dog’s weight and activity levels. Active dogs weighing 4.5-11 lbs need ½ to 1 cup while the less active ones require ⅓ to ⅔ cups. Puppies need 1 ¼ to 2 times the adult amounts, while lactating dogs thrive well with free-feeding. This meal is suitable for dogs with sensitive tummies and grain allergies as it is free from wheat, corn, soy, and grains. It also suits highly active dogs with the high-calorie value.
2. Victor Select Beef Meal and Brown Rice Dry Dog Food
American Pet Foods LLC manufactures this tasty meal. The first production date is May 8th, 2013 and it targets all dog breeds.
The main ingredients are Beef Meal, GrainWhole Grain Sorghum, Whole Grain Brown Rice, Chicken Fat, and Yeast Culture. It has a calorie content of 357 Kcal/8-oz cups with a protein value of 24%. The fat, fiber, and moisture values are 12%, 4.4%, and 9%.
It boosts heart health with L-carnitine and taurine while lowering the unpleasant fecal odor with yucca schidigera. It is an excellent source of protein for thick bones and muscles. It is crafted with wholesome grains for high-quality fiber to promote bowel health. Selenium and zinc are responsible for protection against cell damage and proper immunity.
Dogs weighing 5-10 lbs need ½ to 1 cup per day, while those weighing 10-15 lbs require 1 to 1 ⅓ cups. Dogs with weights ranging from 15-100 lbs need 1 ⅓ to 5 ½ cups, while for that above 100lbs, you should add ½ cups for each additional 20 lbs. These amounts are for dogs with moderate activity levels so you should adjust them according to their activity levels. This meal is suitable for dogs with sensitive digestion.
3. Wellness Core Natural Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
Wellness Core Pet Foods produces this mouth-watering recipe for all dog breeds.
The first production date is October 2nd, 2001. The major ingredients are Deboned Turkey, Turkey Meal, Chicken Meal, Peas, and Dried Ground Potatoes. The calorie content of 417 Kcal/cup is suitable for Goldendoodles as it provides sufficient energy. The protein value of 34% is essential for healthy and strong muscles, while the fat value of 16% also boosts energy levels and adds to the food’s taste.
The fiber and moisture values are 4% and 10%, respectively. This meal is better for Goldendoodles as it has calcium, phosphorus, glucosamine, and chondroitin for healthy bones and joints. Consuming this tasty meal gives dogs a shiny coat and better eyesight with omega fatty acids and beta-carotene. Yucca schidigera lowers the unpleasant stool odor while antioxidants protect your dog from oxidative damage.
It is also crafted with taurine for a strong heart. The daily consumption varies depending on your dog’s weight. Dogs weighing 6-10 lbs need ¼ to 1 ¼ cups while those weighing 20-35 lbs need 1 ¼ to 1 ¾ cups. If you are feeding wet food, you should reduce the portions by ½ for every 6-oz of wet food. This diet suits dogs with sensitivities.
Best for Joint Health
4. Particular Paws Glucosamine for Dogs – Treats
This formula from Particular Paws is a perfect treat for Goldendoodles as it is packed with glucosamine and chondroitin for joint lubrication repair of worn-out cartilages.
The first production date is June 19th, 2016. And it targets all dog breeds and stages. The active ingredients include Glucosamine, Methylsulfonylmethane, Yucca Schidigera, Chondroitin Sulfate, and Calcium Ascorbate. It increases mobility and flexibility by treating the existing and lowering the risks of future joint problems.
It is crafted with omega fatty acids for healthy skin and coat. Methylsulfonylmethane reduces pain and boosts the growth of healthy tissues, while calcium is responsible for strong bones. Yucca schidigera reduces the fecal smell and promotes digestive health, while water promotes hydration and flushes toxins. These treats are suitable for dogs over twelve weeks.
The daily consumption depends on your dog’s poundage, with dogs weighing up to 10 pounds requiring one soft chew while those weighing 11-39 pounds need 2 soft chews. Dogs with weights ranging from 40-79 pounds need 3 soft chews, and those weighing 80 pounds and above need 4 chews. For maximum benefits, you should give your dog daily. When introducing, you can double the amounts and reduce them as your dog gets used to them.
Best for Puppies
5. Orijen Large Breed Puppy Dry Dog Food
Champion Pet Food Company manufactures this delicacy for large puppies.
The main ingredients are Chicken, Turkey, Flounder, Whole Mackerel, and Chicken Liver with a calorie value of 451 Kcal/cup to fuel your dog’s daily physical activities. DHA, glucosamine, and calcium for brain, vision, joint, and bone health.
This meal is crafted with raw ingredients to appeal to your dog’s wild nature. Freeze-drying boosts flavor, while omega fatty acids give your dog a healthy physical appearance. Consuming this meal promotes digestive health with dietary fiber and probiotics.
The daily consumption depends on your dog’s weight, with dogs weighing 11 lbs requiring 1 ⅓ cups while those weighing 22 lbs need 2 ¼ cups. Dogs with weights ranging from 24-176 lbs need 3-5 ⅓ cups. Free-feeding is the best option for lactation. When transitioning to Orijen dog food, you should start with small portions and increase the amounts gradually to lower the risks of digestive problems.
This meal is suitable for dogs with grain allergies and sensitive digestion as it is free from common allergens like corn and wheat. It suits Goldendoodles as it has a high caloric value to sustain their energy needs and has glucosamine for strong joints.
This delicacy for all dog breeds is the product of Merrick Pet Care, with a production date of January 14th, 2016.
The primary ingredients are Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Barley, and Oatmeal. The calorie value is 406 Kcal/cup for the puppy formula to meet the energy needs of Goldendoodles.
The protein value is 28% for the growth and development of strong muscles, while the fat value is 16% which is appropriate for Goldendoodles. The fiber and moisture values are 3.5% and 11%. This meal boosts neural development as it has DHA. It is also packed with omega fatty acids for smooth skin and coat.
Goldendoodles are susceptible to joint problems; hence this meal is the best choice as it has glucosamine and chondroitin. This meal is also heart and gut-friendly with taurine and yucca schidigera. It is crafted with ancient grains, including quinoa, to boost digestion.
The feeding guidelines depend on your dog’s weight and age, with dogs 6-16 weeks old weighing 3 lbs needing ⅔ cups daily while those aged 17-52 weeks with the same weight need ½ cups. This recipe is suitable for dogs with sensitive digestion as it is free from wheat, corn, pea, and soy.
This tangy meal is the brainchild of Hill’s science Pet Food Company with a production date of September 30th, 2004.
It targets small, extra small, and toy breeds. The primary ingredients are Chicken Meal, Brewers Rice, Whole Grain Wheat, Soybean Meal, and Whole Grain Sorghum. The calorie value is 371 Kcal/cup while the protein value is 20%. The fat and fiber values are 12.5% and 4%.
Consuming this meal promotes heart health with taurine and L-carnitine. It also boosts vision health with beta-carotene. It is rich in protein and calcium for strong bones and muscles. Omega fatty acids nourish the skin and improve your dog’s physical appearance. This meal also protects your dog from free radicals responsible for chronic diseases like cancer as it has antioxidants like vitamin A and C.
You can adjust the portions according to your dog’s activity levels. If you are not sure, do consult the veterinarian. We recommend a 5-7 days transition period for your dog to adjust to the new food. This diet is suitable for adult dogs 1-6 years old.
This formula is a product of Diamond Pet Foods, and the first production date is November 17th, 2018.
It targets all dog breeds. The primary ingredients are Lamb, Lamb Meal, Sweet Potatoes, Egg Product, and Lentils with a caloric value of 410 Kcal/cup for physical activity. The protein value of 25% suits Goldendoodles as it promotes the development of lean muscles.
Goldendoodles need moderate fat; hence this meal is an excellent choice as it has a fat value of 15%. The fiber and moisture values are 5% and 10%. This meal promotes brain and vision health as it has DHA. It is further fortified with taurine for a healthy heart.
In addition, it contains probiotics, prebiotics, and antioxidants for bowel and gut health and to boost immunity. The daily consumption depends on your dog’s weight and age, with dogs 2-3 months and weighing 3 lbs requiring ⅔ cups while 4-8 months and 8-12 months with similar weight need 2/1 cups. Adults weighing 3 lbs need ⅓ cups.
A gradual transition of 7-10 days is perfect for your Goldendoodle as it ensures they fully adapt to the new food. This meal is suitable for dogs with chicken intolerance as it is chicken-free.
This meal from Ollie Pet Foods will tempt your Goldenddodle as it is crafted from fresh ingredients to appeal to your pup’s wild nature.
Ollie dog food is customized according to your dog’s needs and the food is delivered right to your doorstep. You can access their meals by subscribing then giving out your dog’s details. The company uses fresh, human-grade ingredients for maximum health and nutritional benefits.
Ollie has four major recipes: Turkey, beef, chicken, and lamb. Their Turkey Recipe is highly rated with the main ingredients being Turkey Breast, Kales, Lentils, Carrots, and Coconut Oil with a calorie value of 1390 Kcal ME/kg and protein content of 11% for muscle power. The fat, fiber, and moisture values are 7%, 2%, and 72%, respectively.
The high water content promotes digestion, boosts hydration, and aids in flushing out toxins. Beta-carotene from real carrots increases vision health, while antioxidants protect your Goldendoodle from chronic infections, including cancer. This meal is gently cooked to preserve essential nutrients for your pooch to thrive and stay healthy.
This meal is suitable for picky eaters and dogs with stomach sensitivities as it is fresh and tasty and has no corn, wheat, or soy. The feeding guidelines are customized according to your dog’s needs.
This savory meal is a product of Chewy.
The primary ingredients are Deboned Lamb, Lamb Meal, Turkey Meal, Barley, and Brown Rice with a 339 Kcal/cup calorie value. It has omega fatty acids and taurine for skin and heart health. Calcium and phosphorus are essential for strong bones and muscles.
This meal is a product of Merrick Pet, Inc.
The primary ingredients are Organic Chicken, Water Sufficient for Processing, Organic Brown Rice, Organic Chicken Liver, and Organic Carrots. The caloric content is 411 Kcal/12.7-oz can. It supports digestion and good vision with probiotics and beta-carotene. Calcium strengthens the bones.
Farmina Pet Food manufactures this tangy meal.
The main ingredients are Chicken, Dehydrated Chicken, Whole Spelt, Whole Oats, and Whole Oats with a caloric value of 400 Kcal/cup. DHA, EPA, glucosamine, and chondroitin for brain health, flexibility, and mobility. It also supports cardiovascular health with taurine and L-carnitine.
Blackwood Pet Foods Manufacturers this nutritious formula.
The main ingredients for their turkey recipe are Turkey, Turkey Broth, Turkey Liver, Pumpkin, and Peas, with a caloric content of 1241 Kcal/kg. Dietary fiber and antioxidants promote digestive health and immunity, while the high-quality proteins support muscle, bone, and tooth power.
Blue buffalo produces this meal for all dog breeds.
The primary ingredients are Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Potatoes, Peas, and Tapioca Starch with a calorie content of 373 Kcal/cup. Omega fatty acids give dogs smooth skin and a shiny coat, while glucosamine, calcium, and phosphorus are essential for mobility and flexibility.
This meal for senior dogs is a product of Nutro Pet Foods.
The main ingredients are Chicken, Chicken Meal, Whole Grain Barley, Split Peas, and Brewers Rice.it supports joint health with glucosamine and chondroitin. Omega fatty acids and calcium boost the skin and bones health while natural fiber supports a healthy digestive system.
Fromm Family Food manufactures this tasty formula.
The first five ingredients are Duck, Chicken Meal, Chicken, Brown Rice, and Pearled Barley. It’s an excellent source of protein for strong muscles. It also contains beta-carotene and fiber for vision and bowel health. The daily consumption depends on your dog’s breed and weight.
It is a product of Blue Buffalo, and the main ingredients are Chicken, Chicken Broth, Chicken Liver, Carrots, and Peas with a caloric value of 451 Kcal/cup.
Antioxidants from real fruits boost immunity, while beta-carotene supports eyesight. High-quality protein is essential for the growth and development of lean muscles.
Pets Global, Inc. manufactures this premium food.
The primary ingredients are Catfish, Catfish Meal, Peas, Pea Flour, and Chickpeas with a caloric value of 410 Kcal/cup for weight gain in low-weight dogs. It is good for the heart with L-carnitine and taurine. Omega fatty acids boost skin health.
This meal from Natural Balance is an excellent choice for dogs with sensitivities and allergies.
The main ingredients are Sweet Potato, Venison, Pea Protein, Potato Protein, and Canola Oil with a caloric value of 370 Kcal/cup.it supports skin, coat, and heart health with omega fatty acids and taurine.
Big Hearts Pet Brands manufactures this richly flavored formula.
The main ingredients are Beef, Chicken Meal, Whole Dried Potato, Natural Pork Flavor, and Tapioca. It lubricates the joints and protects them from inflammation with glucosamine and chondroitin. Taurine and omega fatty acids are good for the heart, coat, and skin.
Diamond Pet Foods manufactures this recipe for dogs with skin allergies.
The first five ingredients are Salmon, Fish Meal, Potatoes, Lentils, and Peas with a c08 Kcal/cup. Calorie content It protects your dog from cardiovascular problems with L-carnitine and taurine. Probiotics and antioxidants support digestive health and immunity.
This is a product of Chewy for all dog breeds.
The primary ingredients are Deboned Salmon, Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal, Peas, and Sweet Potatoes. It is crafted with glucosamine and chondroitin for healthy joints. Amino acids are the building blocks of lean muscles, while antioxidants protect from disease-causing free radicals.
What facts should you know about the best dog foods for Goldendoodles?
These are the facts that you should know about the best dog foods for Goldendoodles:
- The best dog food for Goldendoodles should have high-quality proteins for the growth and maintenance of lean muscles. The proteins should come from real recognizable meat like chicken and turkey.
- Goldendoodles can quickly gain weight; hence the best food to serve them should have moderate fat content from healthy sources like chicken.
- Goldendoodles are susceptible to bloating, so the best food should be free from common allergens like wheat and corn. The food should also have fiber from wholesome sources to promote digestion.
- The best food for Goldendoodles should have fewer carbs to lower the risk of obesity. The carbs should come from wholesome grains and organic vegetables.
- Goldendoodles are prone to bone and joint disorders; hence their best food should contain glucosamine, chondroitin, phosphorus, or calcium. Taurine and L-carnitine are an added advantage.
What are the Best Dog Foods for Goldendoodles according to Sizes?
1. The best dog foods for small-sized Goldendoodles
- Taste of the Wild Appalachian Valley Small Breed Formula. The first ingredient is Venison for high-quality protein for muscle power. The caloric value is 422 Kcal/cup.
- Nulo Freestyle Salmon & Red Lentils Small Breed Formula. It has L-carnitine, calcium, and phosphorus for heart and bone health.
2. The best dog food for medium-sized Goldendoodles.
- Royal Canin health nutrition Medium adult Dry Food. It maintains skin and coat health with omega fatty acids. It also boosts brain and vision health with DHA
- Avoderm Natural Puppy Dry Food. It promotes neural development and eye health with DHA. it also has antioxidants that protect from free radicals
3. The best dog food for large Goldendoodles
- Wellness Core Grain-free Large Breed Chicken & Turkey Formula. It has glucosamine, chondroitin, and beta-carotene for mobility, flexibility, and proper eyesight.
- Purina Pro Plan High protein Shredded Blend Recipe. It has glucosamine, calcium, and omega fatty acids for joint, bone, and skin health. Live probiotics, fiber, and prebiotics promote digestive health.
What are the best dog foods for Goldendoodles with different health conditions?
1 The best dog food for Goldendoodles with itchy skin
Knowing the specific cause of itchy skin is important hence you should consult the vet. Here are the best foods for itchy skin:
- Canidae Pure Limited Ingredient Premium Dry Food. It has fewer easily recognizable ingredients, thus perfect for skin sensitivities.
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Hydrolyzed Protein Formula. It lowers skin and gastrointestinal reactions as it has tiny proteins.
2. The best dog food for picky eater Goldendoodle
- Ollie Hearty Beef Eats Fresh Dog Food. it is crafted with fresh human-grade ingredients to appeal to your picky eater’s taste buds
- Instinct Raw Boost Raw Dog Food. This meal is freeze-dried for a rich flavor to attract picky eaters. It is rich in proteins for healthy muscles, teeth, and bones.
3. The best dog food for Goldendoodles with pancreatitis
- Purina One Natural Weight Control & Healthy Weight Recipe. The minimum fat value is 8% hence perfect for pancreatic dogs. It also contains fewer calories for a healthy weight
- Blue Natural Veterinary Diet GI Support Low Fat. The minimum fat value of 6% is safe for dogs with pancreatitis as it does not overwork the pancreas. The calorie content of 297 Kcal/cup is also perfect for pancreatitis
4. The best dog food for Goldendoodles with a sensitive stomach
- Diamond Care Sensitive Stomach Recipe Dry Food. it is crafted from a single-source easily digestible protein to lower allergens that cause tummy problems
- Wellness Core Digestive Health Wholesome grains Formula. It contains prebiotics, probiotics, fiber, and is easily digestible to promote stomach health. Omega fatty acids promote skin health
5. The best dog food for Goldendoodles with allergies
- Taste of the Wild Prey Angus Beef, Limited Ingredient Formula. It is grain-free and has limited ingredients to lower the probability of allergic reaction
- Brothers Complete Advanced Allergy Allergy Care Dog Food. it has digestive enzymes for maximum absorption of essential nutrients to lower the risks of allergies in dogs
What are the best dogs with different ingredients for Goldendoodles?
1. The best dog food with pumpkin for Goldenddoles
- Weruva Caloric Harmony Chicken Dinner Dry Food. Deboned Chicken is the first ingredient for muscle health while pumpkin is the 7th ingredient for high-quality fiber to boost digestive health. These are easily recognizable and proper ingredients
- Earthborn Holistic Venture Alaska Pollock Meal & Pumpkin Diet. It is a limited ingredient diet with Alaska Pollock Meal and pumpkin as the first two ingredients for strong muscles and proper digestion. Pollock meal, though unusual is a proper ingredient
2. The best Chicken-free dog food for Goldendoodles
- I and Love You Nude Food Simply Sea Formula. The primary ingredients are Whitefish, Herring Meal, Menhaden Fish Meal, Chickpeas, and Peas. All these are proper ingredients as each contributes to the overall health of your dog
- Zignature Trout & Salmon Limited Ingredient Recipe Canned Dog Food. The first five ingredients are Trout, Fish Broth, Salmon, Peas, and Chickpeas which are proper ingredients. High-quality fiber is good for the digestive health and maintenance of a healthy weight
What Can Different Dog Breeds Eat Goldendoodles?
1 Best Goldendoodles Dog Foods for Labradoodles
Labradoodles are similar to Goldendoodles in size and activity levels. They both need a formula with high protein levels, moderate fat content, and low carbs. Both dog breeds are suited to these foods:
- American Journey Chicken & Sweet Potato Recipe. It has a fat value of 155 and a protein value of 34% for energy production and lean muscles
- True Acre Food Chicken & Vegetable Formula. The protein content is 24% while the fat content is 13%
2. The best dog food for Cockapoos
Both cockapoos and Goldendoodles thrive on a high protein diet. Goldendoodles need 1-3 cups per day for dry food, while Cockapoos require 1-2 cups as they are less active. Here are the best meals for both breeds: