25 Best Dog Foods for French Bulldogs
Dog foods for French Bulldogs must meet the nutritional requirements for healthy growth. The food should contain high protein and moderate fat content. For proteins, dog food for French Bulldogs should be at a minimum of 18% while the fat content should be at 5% minimum. French Bulldogs require protein for the growth and maintenance of strong and lean muscles.
The protein should come from real meat like beef, poultry, fish, and chicken. In addition, French Bulldogs need fats for energy production. Proteins are also the source of amino acids which give French Bulldogs a muscular appearance. However, French Bulldogs are prone to obesity due to their small and stocky nature hence fats should not exceed the recommended content Making the right food choices for French Bulldogs is of paramount importance as it ensures that they get maximum nutritional benefits and that their high-calorie needs are met.
Choosing the right food also lowers the risks of allergies, digestion problems, and bad moods that come with eating the wrong food. Some of the best dog food for French Bulldogs include Blue Buffalo, Taste of the Wild, Purina, Merrick, and Royal Canin. The average price for French Bulldogs food is $35 with the prices ranging from $30 to $78.99 for a 25 lbs bag.
Different life stages call for different food types due to differences in nutritional needs. The life stages for French Bulldogs are puppy, adult, and senior.
The best dog foods for French Bulldogs are given below:
|Canidae PURE Limited Ingredient Salmon and Sweet Potato Recipe|
|Check Price on Amazon|
|Taste of the Wild High Protein Recipe Pine Forest|
|Check Price on AmazonCheck Price on Chewy|
|Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Adult Healthy Weight Chicken and Brown Rice|
|Check Price on AmazonCheck Price on Chewy|
|Wellness CORE Natural Grain-Free, Reduced Fat|
|Check Price on AmazonCheck Price on Chewy|
|Rachael Ray Nutrish Premium Natural Dry Dog Food, Real Chicken & Veggies Recipe|
|Check Price on AmazonCheck Price on Chewy|
View Table of Contents
- Best Overall 1. CANIDAE PURE Real Salmon & Sweet Potato Recipe Prime Dry Dog Food
- For Sensitive Stomach 2. Taste of the Wild Pine Forest Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
- Healthy Weight 3. Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Healthy Weight Adult Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Finest Dry Food
- Grain-Free 4. Wellness Core Natural Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
- Lowest Price 5. Rachael Ray Nutrish Top Dry Dog Food (Great for French Bulldogs)
- 6. Blue Buffalo Wilderness Puppy Chicken Recipe Grain-Free Top Dry Dog Food
- 7. Blue Buffalo Homestyle Puppy Chicken Dinner With Garden Vegetables Finest Canned Dog Food
- 8. Purina ONE SmartBlend Healthy Weight High Protein Formula Adult Finest Dry Dog Food
- 9. Orijen Original Dry Dog Food
- 10. Wellness Complete Healthy Puppy Dry Dog Food
- 11. AvoDerm Chicken Meal & Brown Rice Recipe Small Breed Adult Finest Dry Food
- 12. Nulo Freestyle Grain-Free Adult Leading Dry Dog Food (Great for French Bulldogs)
- 13. The Farmer’s Dog Leading Raw Dog Food
- 14. Merrick Classic Healthy Grains Leading Dry Dog Food
- 15. Eukanuba Medium Breed Adult Chicken Top Leading Dry Dog (Great Food for French Bulldogs)
- 16. Farmina N & D Prime Adult Formula Finest Dry Dog Food (Great for French Bulldogs)
- 17. Victor Senior Healthy Weight Top Dry Dog Food
- 18. VICTOR Yukon River Salmon & Sweet Potato Leading Dry Dog Food
- 19. Nutro Wholesome Essentials All-Breed Dog Food (Great for French Bulldog Puppies and French Bulldogs)
- 20. Now Fresh Small-Breed Senior Leading Dog Weight Management Recipe
- 21. VeRUS Puppy Advantage Chicken Meal Finest Dry Dog Food (Great for French Bulldogs)
- 22. Royal Canin Bulldog Puppy Food Top Dry Dog Food (Great for French Bulldogs)
- 23. American Journey Lamb & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Top Dry Dog Food (Great for French Bulldogs)
- 24. Tylee’s Human-Grade Beef Recipe Frozen Leading Raw Dog Food
- 25. Ollie Fresh Pet Leading Food Dog
- What facts should you know about the best foods for French Bulldogs?
- Which labels should be considered when buying food for a French Bulldog?
- Where can you buy the best foods for French Bulldogs?
- What is the nutritional value of foods for French Bulldogs?
- What are the best freeze-dried dog foods?
- What are the best dry foods for French Bulldogs to mix with wet dog food?
- What are the best foods for French Bulldogs Puppies?
- What are the brands for the best foods for French Bulldogs?
- What are the best foods for French Bulldogs with allergies?
- What are the best foods for tiny French Bulldogs?
- What are the best foods for medium-sized French Bulldogs?
- What are the best foods for Large French Bulldogs?
- What are the best foods for French Bulldogs with itchy skin?
- What are the best chicken-free foods for French Bulldogs?
- What are the best foods for French Bulldogs for tear stains?
- What are the best foods for French Bulldogs with glucosamine?
- What are the best foods for French Bulldogs with rice?
- What are the best foods for French Bulldogs with pancreatitis?
- What are the best foods for picky eaters, French Bulldogs?
This dry dog food is manufactured by Canidae Pet Food Company which was started in 1997 and is based in California.
The company strives at meeting dogs’ nutritional needs and uses high-quality meat sources. This formula was first produced on August 6th, 2013, and targets all dog breeds. The major ingredients include Salmon, Salmon Meal, Menhaden Fish Meal, Lentils, and Sweet Potatoes. It has a protein content of 32% and a fat content of 14%. The caloric content is 459 Kcal/cup. This formula has antioxidants and omega fatty acids for protection from oxidative damage, shiny skin, eye health, and a healthy brain. It is a limited ingredient recipe, thus suiting all dogs with allergies and sensitivities. In addition, this meal contains probiotics for proper digestion. The daily portions depend on weight with 2 to 10 lbs dogs consuming ¼ to ⅝ cups per day. This meal is well-suited for dogs with digestion problems. This recipe is suitable for French Bulldogs as it boosts muscle strength. Although the high-fat content is essential for the production of energy, care should be taken when feeding French Bulldogs as they can easily add unhealthy pounds, leading to heart problems and high blood sugar levels.
For Sensitive Stomach
2. Taste of the Wild Pine Forest Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
The Taste of the Wild produces this premium Dog Food with the aim of appealing to dogs’ instincts as it mimics wild dog food.
Taste of the Wild Pine Forest Formula was first produced on September 1st, 2015, and pet parents are still buying it for their babies. The main ingredients for this recipe include Venison, Lamb Meal, Garbanzo Beans, Peas, Lentils, Pea Flour, and Dried Yeast. It is also fortified with Canola Oil and Tomato Pomace. It has a caloric content of 408 Kcal/cup and 28%, 15%,4.5%, 10% protein, at, fiber, and moisture contents respectively. French Bulldogs need this formula for thick muscles and healthy bones. It also contains omega fatty acids for skin and coat health. In addition, this diet has prebiotics, probiotics, and antioxidants for bowel health and protection from infections. The daily intake varies from ⅓ cups to 4 ¼ cups for 3 lbs to 100 lbs dogs respectively. The Wild Pine Forest Formula Is suitable for dogs with grain allergies and sensitive digestion as it has no grains, corn, or wheat. This food contains chelated minerals that aid in the absorption of essential nutrients for healthy growth. French Bulldogs are well-suited for this meal as it boosts muscle growth, immunity, digestion, and skin health
3. Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Healthy Weight Adult Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Finest Dry Food
Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula is manufactured by Blue Buffalo, a company that started its operations in 2003.
Blue Buffalo uses natural ingredients in its formulas. Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula was first produced on May 13th, 2009, and has never been discontinued. It is suitable for all dog breeds. The first five ingredients for this Dog Food are Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Pea Fiber, and Oatmeal. In addition, this formula contains flaxseed which is a good source of omega fatty acids for smooth skin and coat. From the guaranteed analysis, this diet has a protein content of 20%, a fat content of 12%, a fiber content of 10%, and a moisture content of 10%. Its caloric content is at 324 Kcal/cup. The high-quality protein from Chicken promotes a muscular build for French Bulldogs while fats are responsible for supplying the calorie needs of the ever-active Frenchies. This formula also contains calcium and phosphorus for strong bones. In addition, it has Chondroitin and Glucosamine for joint health. The amount to feed your Frenchie depends on weight with 15 lbs dogs consuming ½ -1 cup for weight reduction and ½ to 1 ½ cups for Weight maintenance. This formula is suitable for French Bulldogs with weight problems. This diet fits French Bulldogs as it provides the calories needed by these active dog breeds.
4. Wellness Core Natural Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
Wellness Core Natural Food is manufactured by Wellness Pet Food and produces canned dog food, kibble, treats, and toppers.
It suits all dog breeds. The food has a production date of October 2nd, 2001. The first five ingredients are given as Deboned Turkey, Turkey Meal, Chicken Meal, Peas, and Dried Ground Potatoes. The caloric content is at 417 Kcal/cup with 34% protein, 16% fat, and 4% fiber. The high-quality protein aids in building a healthy muscle mass while Chondroitin and Glucosamine promote joint health. It has antioxidants including vitamin E that protect from inflammation which causes chronic diseases like cancer. It has no fillers, gluten, grain, or artificial preservatives hence safe for dogs with tummy sensitivities. Dogs weighing 6-10 lbs need ¼- 1 ¼ cups daily for maximum nutritional benefits. This formula is best for dogs with grain allergies and sensitive stomachs. This diet further contains taurine for heart and brain health and it is better for French Bulldogs as it boosts immunity and supports a muscular build, strong bones, and healthy joints. It also provides energy, lowers the risks of blood pressure, regulates cholesterol levels, and ensures proper absorption of essential nutrients needed by French Bulldogs
5. Rachael Ray Nutrish Top Dry Dog Food (Great for French Bulldogs)
Rachel Ray Nutrish dog foods are produced by Big Hearts Pet brands who purchased them in 2018.
Their top dry food, Rachel Ray Nutrish Dry Dog food, Chicken & Veggie recipe was produced on May 13th, 2009 and it targets all dog breeds. The main ingredients for this food are Chicken, Chicken Meal, Soybean Meal, Grain Sorghum, and Dried Peas. The percentages for protein, fat, fiber, and moisture are 25, 14, 4, and 10 respectively. This formula has a caloric content of 340 Kcal/cup. Peas and brown rice promote digestion and boost energy levels. Proteins support a lean muscle mass while omega fatty acids are responsible for soft skin and a glittering coat. The daily intake is dictated by the dog’s body weight with weights ranging from 3 to 12 lbs requiring ½ to 1 ¼ cups while weights ranging from 50 to 100 lbs needing 3 ½ to 6 cups. This food is best for dogs who cannot tolerate corn, wheat, or soy. French Bulldogs need this food to sustain their energy levels and build thick bones. This delicacy is fortified with Biotin, Taurine, and Beta Carotene which aid in blood sugar regulation, promote cardiovascular health, and ensure proper eyesight. Healthy dogs should not exceed the recommended daily intake as too much can negatively affect their health
This puppy food is manufactured by Blue Buffalo whose brand resulted from their desire to help dogs avoid diseases related to nutrition.
The production date for this superfood dates back to March 24th, 2015 and its popularity is growing daily. The formula targets all dog breeds. A similar Blue Buffalo Wilderness Puppy formula is nutritionally balanced as it contains 36% protein, 16% fat, 5% fiber, and 10% moisture with a caloric content of 423 Kcal/cup. The high-quality protein promotes the growth and development of lean muscles for puppies. In addition, it contains omega fatty acids for a shiny coat and skin. This meal is also rich in antioxidants, essential minerals, and vitamins that boost immunity. Furthermore, it has taurine for brain and eye health while calcium promotes strong bones and joints. This delicacy is best for French Bulldogs as it has ingredients that work together to promote muscle, joint, eye, and brain health. The food should however be served in moderation as it contains a high-fat content which can lead to obesity, pancreatitis, and cardiovascular diseases which can be fatal.
Blue Buffalo Dog Food is manufactured by Blue Buffalo using high-quality meats and real fruits and vegetables.
This puppy recipe was first introduced to the market on June 8th, 2012 targeting all dog breeds. The first five ingredients include Chicken, Chicken Broth, Chicken Liver, Carrots, and Peas. The nutritional values give protein, fat, and fiber percentages as 9, 6, and 1.3 respectively with a caloric content of 422 Kcal/cup. The moisture content is at 78% making this food an excellent choice during summer as it keeps dogs hydrated throughout the day. Protein from real chicken supports the growth and maintenance of strong muscles in puppies. It contains DHA for proper brain function and improved eyesight. Carrots also provide Beta Carotene for eye health. Furthermore, this formula has no wheat, corn, or soy thus it is safe for dogs with stomach sensitivities. The daily consumption varies from ¾ to 1 can for 5 lbs dogs. This food is an excellent choice for puppies who cannot tolerate wheat. It is also a great choice for French bulldogs as it aids in muscle growth and promotes brain and eye health. As a result of their active nature, French Bulldogs need lots of water for hydration.
This tasty meal is designed for healthy weight is a brainchild of Purina Food Company which has over 85 years of research on dog nutrition.
The meal is crafted for all breed sizes and it was produced on May 13th, 2009. The first five ingredients for this recipe are Turkey, Rice Flour, Soybean Meal, Corn Gluten Meal, and Chicken By-Product Meal with a caloric content of 320 Kcal/cup. The protein content of 26% and fat of 12% support muscle growth and provide energy to dogs. The high fiber makes dogs feel full from eating less, thus lowering the risks of obesity. This recipe comes in crunchy kibble which boosts dental health. It is further fortified with antioxidants and vitamins A and E for improved immunity and better eyesight. In addition, it has Glucosamine for healthy joints. Dogs weighing 3 to 12 lbs should consume ½ to 1 ⅓ cups to maintain a healthy weight and ⅓ to 1 cup for calorie reduction daily. This formula is suitable for obese dogs and is better for French Bulldogs as it is rich in protein for strong muscles and it uses 100% natural ingredients. It is also suitable since French Bulldogs are prone to weight gain
Orijen Original Dog Food is Manufactured by Origen Foods, a company that has been in the pet food industry for more than 35 years.
The company uses fresh ingredients which are never frozen. This formula was first available in the market on May 24th, 2008 and it has never been discontinued or recalled. It suits all dog breeds. The first five ingredients that make up this diet are Chicken, Turkey, Flounder, Whole Mackerel, and Chicken Liver. It also contains Turkey Giblets and Whole Herring which contribute to the high protein content at 38%. The fat and fiber contents are 18% and 4% respectively while moisture has a percentage of 12. The caloric content for this meal is 449 Kcal/cup which ensures French Bulldogs are actively engaged physically. The high protein and fat contents further promote a muscular appearance and boost energy levels. Furthermore, Orijen Original food is freeze-dried adding to the flavor which tempts even the selective feeders. The first five ingredients are fresh thus mimicking wild dog food making it irresistible for French Bulldog. French Bulldogs should consume this meal based on their weight with those weighing 5-15 lbs but are less active requiring ¼-⅔ cups while the active ones need 1/2 -1 cups daily. This meal is suitable for dogs who need to maintain a muscular appearance including French Bulldogs
Wellness dog food is manufactured by Wellpet LLC in Boston.
The Wellness brand has been in the market since 1997. Wellness foods come in both dry and wet varieties. This Wellness formula was first produced on July 1st, 2004 and it targets all puppy breeds. The main ingredient in this recipe includes Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Oatmeal, Ground Barley, and Peas. it has a caloric content of 450 Kcal/cup with a protein content of 29%, a fat content of 18%, fiber value of 4.5%, and moisture content of 10%. It is free from by-products, GMOs, fillers, and artificial preservatives thus safe for dogs with sensitive stomachs. It is also enriched with omega fatty acids including DHA for brain, eye, skin, and coat health. Antioxidants in this meal protect dogs from infections while probiotics and glucosamine support bowel and joint health. This meal is best for puppies who react negatively to corn and wheat. The daily consumption is ½ cup for dogs weighing 3 lbs and 1 cup for those with a weight of 10 lbs. French Bulldogs are better suited for this food as it highly contributes to healthy-looking muscles and supplies enough energy for an active life.
Designed for small, extra small, and toy breeds, this recipe is a brand of Breeders Choice, a company founded by Harold Taylor in 1947 which is based in California.
The Avoderm product line was introduced in 1982. The brand uses avocado as the main source of fiber. Avoderm Chicken Meal and Brown Rice recipes were first produced on September 30th, 2004. The first five ingredients for this formula are Chicken Meal, Ground Brown Rice, Ground White Rice, Oatmeal, and Chicken Fat. with a caloric content of 450 Kcal/cup which ensures dogs stay active throughout the day. In addition, this formula is rich in protein with a percentage of 26 while the fat content is at 15%. Crude fiber and moisture have percentages of 4.2 and 10 respectively. This recipe is an excellent choice for dogs as it supports the growth of strong muscles. Furthermore, it is enriched with avocado and avocado oils for a bright coat and healthy skin. The daily amounts to serve dogs depends on the weight with dogs weighing 2 to 10 lbs consuming ¼ to ¾ cups while those weighing between 10 and 15 lbs need ¾ to 1 cup daily. The amounts for 15 lbs and above vary from 1 cup to 2 ¼ cups. This Avoderm brand is suitable for French Bulldogs with sensitive tummies. It is better for French Bulldogs as it supplies the calories needed to maintain their active lives.
This recipe is manufactured by Nulo, a pet company widely associated with freestyle dog brands and protein-rich diets.
This Nulo formula for adult dogs dates back to September 19th, 2014 when it was first produced. The formula caters to all dog breeds. It contains a lot of ingredients which include Deboned Salmon, Turkey Meal, Menhaden Fish Meal, Whole Peas, Sweet Potatoes, Chicken Fat, Chickpeas, Deboned Turkey, among others. The high-quality protein at 30% supports muscle health while fat content of 16% aids in energy production. It has amino acids for strong muscles and cardiovascular health. Furthermore, this recipe has calcium, phosphorus, and vitamins for bone health and improved immunity. French Bulldogs should consume this food sparingly due to the high-fat content with the recommended daily consumption being ½ to 1 cup for dogs weighing up to 15 lbs. Dogs above 15 lbs can consume between 1 cup to 3 ¾ cups depending on their weight. This food is suitable for dogs with grain allergies. This recipe is low glycemic hence good for blood sugar regulation and weight loss; it also contains omega fatty acids for healthy skin and coat. The food further comes in small kibbles for easy chewing and digestion
The Farmers Dog food company was started in 2014 with the aim of using fresh foods to lower the risks of stomach problems including gastrointestinal issues.
The company manufactures Dog food which is high in protein and fats but low in carbohydrates making them suitable for the ever-active French Bulldogs. The company’s four main recipes are formulated using human-grade ingredients. Each recipe is customized according to the dog’s nutritional needs and health condition. One of their well-known formulas is the Turkey recipe formulated for all dog breeds. The first five ingredients for this Turkey recipe are Turkey, Chickpeas, Carrots, Broccoli, and Parsnip. This formula has 38% protein content and 19% fat. Proteins from Turkey promote muscle health while chickpeas provide fiber for proper digestion. In addition, vitamin C from broccoli boosts immunity while parsnip is rich in complex carbohydrates for energy production. The diet is suitable for dogs who need special attention including those with health problems as the recipes can be customized accordingly. French Bulldogs require proteins and fats for healthy growth hence this formula fits them. Furthermore, this diet has beta carotene for eye health. This food also lowers dog body odors leaving dogs smelling fresh. The food should, however, be served moderately due to the high-fat content
Merrick Dog Food is manufactured by Merrick Pet Care which was formed in 1988 with the aim of using human-grade ingredients to meet the nutritional needs of dogs.
The company was taken over by Nestle Purina in 2015. One of their leading classic healthy grains recipes is the Merrick Classic Healthy Dog Food with Real meat which was first produced on January 14th, 2016. This recipe is crafted for small breeds. The main ingredients for this formula are Deboned Beef, pork Meal, Brown Rice, Barley, Oatmeal, and Pork fat with a caloric content of 386 Kcal/cup. The protein, fat, fiber, and moisture content is 26%, 15%, 3.5%, and 11% respectively. This classic dog food contains omega fatty acids for a well-looking skin and a shiny coat. It also has Chondroitin and Glucosamine for hip and joint health. Ancient grains like Quinoa aid in the digestion process. 3 lbs dogs require ⅓ cup of this food per day while 100 lbs dogs would need 5 cups. This diet is suitable for dogs with sensitive stomachs. French Bulldogs benefit immensely from the high-quality protein as it promotes thick muscles and strong bones. It is also essential for eye health as it contains beta carotene
Eukanuba foods started in 1969 under the Iams Pet Food Company which were later bought by Procter and Gamble who sold them to Mars Petcare in 2014.
Eukanuba Medium Adult Breed Dry Food with Chicken is the leading formula and it was produced on September 20th, 2007. It targets medium-sized dogs. The first five ingredients for this meal include Chicken, Chicken By-Product Meal, Corn, Wheat, and Chicken Fat. It has a caloric content of 383 Kcal/cup with protein content at 25%, fat content at 16%, fiber content at 3.5%, and moisture content of 10%. It has DHA and vitamin E for brain health and protection from oxidative damage. Furthermore, this recipe has Chondroitin and Glucosamine for healthy joints. The crunchy texture promotes strong teeth and lowers the risks of plaque build-up. Protein from Chicken is essential for healthy muscle while optimal carbohydrate levels aid in energy production. It also contains prebiotics and probiotics for bowel and gut health. This formula is suitable for active dogs including French Bulldogs as it contains a high-fat content. Dogs with grain allergies should not consume this formula. It should also be served sparingly to lower the risks of obesity
This grain-free food is manufactured by Farmina Pet Foods and uses a high percentage of animal ingredients in their recipes.
This recipe was produced on November 24th, 2020 and it is still on the market. The first five ingredients are Deboned Chicken, Dehydrated Chicken, Sweet Potatoes, Chicken Fat, and Dried Whole Eggs. It has 37% protein, 20% fat, and 35% carbs. This high protein content is responsible for the growth and development of strong and healthy muscles. Fats and carbs work together to ensure dogs are actively engaged throughout the day. French Bulldogs love running around and this formula boosts their energy levels. It is also rich in antioxidants from fruits that protect from free radicals that cause cancer. In addition, omega fatty acids give dogs healthy skin and coats. Dogs weighing 22 lbs need 1 to 1 ½ cups daily while those weighing 33 lbs need 1 ¼ to 2 ¼ cups daily. The daily consumption increases as the dog’s weight increases. This food is best for adult Frenchies and dogs with sensitive tummies. The fat and carbs content suits French Bulldogs as it supports energy production. However, French Bulldogs are prone to obesity hence they should not exceed the recommended feeding amounts.
This dry formula targeting senior dogs is manufactured by Victor Super Premium Pet Food company.
Their formulas use a large percentage of 78% meat proteins while proteins from plants and grains are 5% and 17% respectively. This dog food was produced on April 4th, 2013. The first five ingredients are Beef Meal, Whole Grain Brown Rice, Whole Grain Millet, Grain Sorghum, and Chicken fat. The crude protein, fat, fiber, and moisture content is given as 27%, 11.5%, 4.5%, and 9% with the caloric content being 360 Kcal/cup. This formula is an excellent choice for senior Frenchies as it contains Chondroitin and Glucosamine for healthy joints. It is also fortified with calcium and phosphorus for bone and muscle health. The high protein content boosts the growth of thick muscles while fats are responsible for physical activity, the daily consumption for 10 lbs of dogs is ¾ cup for adult maintenance and ⅔ cups for weight loss. This tangy food is suitable for dogs with digestion problems and those that are susceptible to joint and hip problems. It is better for French Bulldogs as it aids in weight loss given that French Bulldogs are prone to obesity which causes heart problems
This dry food is manufactured by Victor Premium Pet Food Company and it targets all life stages.
This formula was first introduced into the market on December 6th, 2013. The main ingredients for this food include Menhaden Fish Meal, Peas, Chicken Fat, Garbanzo Beans, and Dehydrated Salmon. It has a caloric content of 390 Kcal/cup with protein content being 33% and fat content being 16%. The high protein content ensures the healthy growth of muscles and probiotics promote digestion. On the other hand, amino acids give dogs good-looking skin and coats. This delicacy is further fortified with selenium which lowers the risks of inflammation. The feeding instructions are based on the dog’s weight with 5 lb dogs consuming ½ a cup while 10 lbs dogs can consume ⅞ cups per day. This formula is best suited for dogs with allergies to other meat types and those who cannot tolerate grains. This recipe is also better for French Bulldogs as it is free from corn, wheat, and soy since most French Bulldogs have sensitive stomachs. The 16% fat content is high for French Bulldogs hence it should be given sparingly to lower the risks of canine obesity, heart problems, pancreatitis, and high blood pressure
19. Nutro Wholesome Essentials All-Breed Dog Food (Great for French Bulldog Puppies and French Bulldogs)
This puppy recipe is manufactured by Nutro Pet Food company which was started in 1926 by John Sallen and later purchased by Mars Incorporated.
This dog food was first produced on February 2nd, 2015 and it targets large and giant breeds. The first five ingredients for this diet include Chicken, Chicken Meal, Whole Grain Sorghum, Whole Grain Brown Rice, and Whole Grain Barley with a caloric content of 379 Kcal/cup. The protein content is 26% while the fat content is 14%, and fiber content is 4%. Dogs benefit immensely from omega 3 fatty acids like DHA which promote brain and eye health. In addition, it contains Chondroitin and Glucosamine that ensure dogs’ joints stay strong from their puppy stages up to adulthood. Moreover, a high protein level is essential for lean muscles while calcium ensures the growth and development of strong bones. The daily consumption varies depending on the dog’s weight. The heavier the dog, the more portions are required. A dog weighing 10 lbs would need 2 cups. This dry food is suitable for large breed puppy dogs and puppies with stomach sensitivities. French Bulldogs are always active and this food supplies them with enough energy to stay active throughout the day.
Now Fresh Dog Food is manufactured by Petcurean Pet Nutrition, a pet company in Canada that uses fresh ingredients in its formulas.
The company started its operations in 1999. Its leading formula for weight management is the Now Fresh Grain-free Small Breed Senior Weight Management Recipe which targets senior dogs. This recipe was produced on March 16th, 2012. The main ingredients include Deboned Turkey, Potatoes, Peas, Potato Flour, Whole Dried Egg, and Flaxseed, this food is nutritionally healthy for dogs with a protein content of 24% and a fat content of 12%. It has a high fiber content of 5.5% which boosts digestion. Proteins and fat work together to give dogs lean muscles and energy for physical activity. It has L-carnitine for heart health and Chondroitin that promote healthy joints. The food is cooked at low heat to retain all the essential nutrients for healthy growth. This formula further contains omega fatty acids that ensure French Bulldogs have shiny skin. A 5-10 lbs dog can consume ½ to ¾ cups for weight loss and ½ -1 cup for weight management daily. It is suitable for obese and senior dogs and is better for Frech Bulldogs as it promotes joint and bone health
This food made for French Bulldogs is manufactured by Verus Pet Food which uses holistic ingredients that cater to the overall health of dogs.
This formula targets medium and small breed sizes and it was produced on May 28th, 2008. The first five ingredients are Chicken Meal, Ground Oats, Ground Brown Rice, Chicken Fat, and Rice Bran. It has 26% protein content and 16% fat with a fiber content of 4%, the caloric content is at 425 Kcal/cup. This recipe is fortified with chelated minerals that aid in the absorption of essential nutrients. This diet also contains DHA for brain and eye health. In addition, it has omega 3 fatty acids for skin health and improved immunity. Furthermore, this formula contains prebiotics and probiotics for bowel and gut health. The food also comes in small bites for easier chewing. The food comes in 15lbs bags and dogs with this weight need a daily consumption of ¾ to 1 cup daily. This diet is best for puppies sensitive to corn and wheat. A special feature with Verus is the use of Yucca Schidigera for healthy joints. This Puppy food is suitable for French Bulldogs as it aids in building lean muscles.
Royal Canin is a brand line manufactured by Mars Pet Food company which has been using the slogan ‘Health Nutrition since 1968’.
The company has breed-specific formulas that improve its overall market share. Royal Canin Puppy food targets medium-breed French Bulldogs. This diet’s first production date is November 1st, 2017 and it is still on the market. The main ingredients making up this meal include Brewer’s Rice, Chicken By-Product, Wheat Gluten, Wheat, and Chicken Fat. This breed-specific recipe has a caloric content of 373 Kcal/ cup and protein content of 28%. The fat and fiber contents are 18%and 3.3% respectively. Strong muscles result from high protein. The antioxidants protect the body from infections while omega fatty acids promote skin and coat health. The daily consumption ranges from 1 ¼ cups to 1 ½ cups for ages ranging from 3 to 9 months. This formula is best for medium-breed puppies. The diet further helps reduce flatulence and stool odor. The suitability for French Bulldogs stems from the fact that it comes in a small kibble that is perfect for the short muzzles of French Bulldogs. It should, however, be served sparingly as it has lots of fats
23. American Journey Lamb & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Top Dry Dog Food (Great for French Bulldogs)
This dog food is manufactured by American Journey, a brand of Chewy which was founded by Ryan Cohen and Michael Ray in 2011.
The American journey product line was created as a result of Chewy’s growth from sales of other pet foods. The first manufacturing date is December 6th, 2021. The main ingredients for this recipe are Deboned Lamb, Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal, Peas, and Chickpeas with a protein and fat content of 32 and 14 percent respectively. The caloric content is 390 Kcal/cup while fiber is 5%. The proteins and amino acids are responsible for lean muscles while potatoes and peas provide the energy needed by French Bulldogs. It also has omega fatty acids including DHA for lustrous skin, a shiny coat, brain health, and improved eyesight. Dogs weighing 3 lbs should consume a daily amount of ⅓ cups while those weighing 100 lbs can have as much as 5 ⅓ cups daily. The food fits dogs with grain allergies and sensitive stomachs. It contains Yucca Schidigera for joint health. This food is suitable for French Bulldogs as it contains Beta Carotene for eye health. Caution should be taken when serving French Bulldogs as too much causes obesity
This formula is produced by Tylee’s Pet food brand that focuses on whole and human-grade ingredients. Its parent company is Chewy.
This dog food was first introduced to the market recently and it is suitable for all dog breeds. The first five ingredients for this formula are Beef Heart, Beef, Beef Liver, Broccoli, and Zucchini. This diet also has spinach which provides iron and vitamins K and C. The high-quality protein aids in building strong muscles. This food is richly flavored that even the picky eaters would enjoy. In addition, this premium food has omega fatty acids for a healthy coat and skin and boosts brain and eye health. This recipe has a caloric content of 171 Kcal/cup and a protein value of 12% with a fat value of 9%. Dogs weighing 5 to 10 lbs require 1 ⅓ to 2 cups daily intake. This formula is suitable for picky eaters and dogs who cannot tolerate grains, wheat, corn, and soy. French Bulldogs benefit immensely from this food as it strengthens bones and muscles. It has a high moisture content of 72% for hydration and flushing out toxins from the body. The high water content also boosts bowel health by ensuring proper digestion
Ollie dog foods are manufactured by Ollie using Fresh and natural ingredients for maximum nutritional benefits.
Ollie offers customized dog food based on the dog’s weight and health condition. One of their leading fresh pet foods is the Ollie Turkey Recipe which has Turkey as the number one ingredient. The first five ingredients for this recipe are Turkey, Pumpkin, Turkey Liver, Turkey Heart, and Carrots. It has 11% protein content and 7% fat content with a moisture content of 72%. Turkey provides the essential amino acids for lean muscle mass while pumpkin has Beta Carotene and dietary fiber for better eyesight and healthy bowel. Carrots also contribute to the amounts of Beta Carotene and dietary fiber thus boosting healthy growth. This meal also contains antioxidants that provide anti-cancer properties, it also has fatty acids that boost cognitive functions. Furthermore, it has both EPA and DHA for brain and eye health. Dogs with grain allergies and sensitive stomachs are best suited for this meal. It is also a perfect choice for French Bulldogs as it provides protection from infections and promotes eye and brain health. French Bulldogs also benefit from the quality protein that boosts bone health and muscle growth and development
What facts should you know about the best foods for French Bulldogs?
The major facts you should know about the best dog food for French Bulldogs include the following:
- The best food for French Bulldogs should come in small kibbles. French Bulldogs have smaller mouths than other breeds; hence bigger kibble can be a choking hazard. If your dog loves bigger kibbles, you can look for other brands of the same food offered in smaller kibble sizes.
- The best food for French Bulldogs should not have lots of fats since French Bulldogs are susceptible to obesity. To lower the risks of weight gain, you should serve high-fat foods moderately and ensure your Frenchie exercises regularly.
- The best food for French Bulldogs should promote skin health. This is because French Bulldogs are prone to hives due to food allergies. Therefore, you should choose foods that have omega fatty acids that boost skin health. Biotin and zinc also protect the skin.
- French Bulldogs have a sensitive stomach hence the best food for them should be free from allergens like grains, wheat, and corn. You should go for wholesome grains like sorghum, brown rice, and millet for grain-inclusive options.
- The best food for French Bulldogs should have lean protein from real meat sources like turkey, beef, chicken, and fish.
- The best food for French Bulldogs should have wholesome ingredients with no artificial preservatives or by-products.
- The best food for French Bulldogs should be nutritionally balanced and in line with the AAFCO standards and guidelines.
Which labels should be considered when buying food for a French Bulldog?
Labels on dog food give all the information about the specific dog food. They are necessary to help pet parents make informed choices on the type of food their pets need. The labels are also important since it is a legal requirement, and manufacturers must adhere to them. The most important information in dog food labels includes the food name, the target species, the weight of the food, guaranteed analysis, ingredients list in descending order, nutritional adequacy statement, feeding guidelines, and the address of the manufacturer. The date of manufacture and the expiry date is also available on the labels.
Where can you buy the best foods for French Bulldogs?
You can buy the best food for French Bulldogs in the United States from the stores listed below:
Online, AZ, and Phoenix
Merrick Pet Care
Diamond Pet Foods
Nestle Purina Petcare
St Louis, MO
What is the nutritional value of foods for French Bulldogs?
The nutritional value of dog foods for French Bulldogs is based on their need for lean muscles, susceptibility to obesity, and sensitive tummies. The food should have a moderate to high protein content to grow and maintain healthy and strong muscles. The fat content should be low to moderate to minimize the risks of obesity. You should also choose food with high fiber content which promotes digestion, thus lowering the risks of stomach problems and making dogs feel full from consuming less food, thus lowering the probability of adding extra pounds. In addition, the food should have calcium, phosphorus, chondroitin, and glucosamine for bone and joint health.
What are the best freeze-dried dog foods?
Most pet parents prefer freeze-dried dog food as it is made from high-quality proteins from chicken, fish, beef, and turkey which are essential for strong muscles and tissues. The five best freeze-dried foods are listed below:
- Stella & Chewy’s Beef Meal Mixers Freeze-Dried Food from Stella & Chewy comes in an 18-oz bag that costs $40.99. It is made from pasture-fed beef and mimics wild dog food, thus appealing to the dog’s instincts
- Instinct Freeze-Dried Raw Recipe that comes in 5.5-oz bag and costs $12.99 and is made from 100% natural ingredients with live probiotics for healthy digestion
- Vital Essentials Freeze-Dried Recipe produced by Vital Essential which has the first five ingredients like Beef, Beef Heart, Beef Liver, Beef Lung, and Beef Fat which contribute to a high protein content of 36% needed for lean muscles. A 1 lb bag goes for $33.49
- Heeds foods is another food company that produces freeze-dried dog food that meets the maximum nutritional requirements for dogs. It is packed with prebiotics for healthy digestion. A 5lb bag is sold at $34.99
- Tylee’s Freeze-Dried recipes are also among the best in this category. Their formulas are formulated from raw ingredients, including free-cage chicken and chicken organs, which boost the protein values, making them healthy for dogs. A 14-oz bag goes for $23.14
What are the best dry foods for French Bulldogs to mix with wet dog food?
It is common for pet parents to mix dry and wet food as it provides balanced nutrition and makes chewing easier. In addition, mixing dry and wet food boosts the water content and provides hydration for dogs. The following is a list of dry dog food that can be mixed with wet dog food for French Bulldogs:
- Merrick Healthy Grains Dry Food Recipes can be easily mixed with other wet dog food for maximum nutritional benefits
- Nutro Natural Choice for puppies also makes a good combination with wet dog food ensuring your French Bulldog benefits from both worlds
Veterinarians recommend mixing the foods according to the instructions given on the labels, using clean water, and making gradual changes to achieve maximum benefits for French Bulldogs.
What are the best foods for French Bulldogs Puppies?
French Bulldog Puppies require more calories and fats as they are very active. In addition, they need high protein content to grow and develop strong muscles. The following are some of the best dog foods for French Bulldog Puppies;
- Wellness Complete Healthy Puppy Recipe with the first five ingredients being Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Oatmeal, Ground Barley, and Peas. It has a protein content of 32% and a fat content of 20% for muscle health and energy production. It contains omega fatty acids for brain development in puppies. A 30 pounds bag goes for $57.58
- Hill’s Science Diet is an excellent choice for French Bulldog Puppies as it has 28% proteins and 17% Fats which boost the development of thick muscles and ensure your puppy stays active throughout the day. It is also enriched with fish oils which provide omega fatty acids, including DHA for brain and eye health which is crucial during the early stages of a dog’s life.
What are the brands for the best foods for French Bulldogs?
The following is a list of the brands for the best foods for French Bulldogs:
- Royal Canin
- Blue Buffalo
- Purina Pro Plan
- Taste of the Wild
What are the best foods for French Bulldogs with allergies?
French Bulldogs with allergies require specialized formulas free of allergens. The following are the best foods for French Bulldogs with allergies:
- Blue Buffalo Wilderness for all life stages is a hypoallergenic formula that is free from wheat, corn, and meat by-products. This dry dog food contains omega fatty acids for skin, coat, brain, and eye health and is highly flavored. It is available within the US.
- The Hill’s Science Diet, an American food brand, is a good choice for dogs with skin allergies and sensitive stomachs. This dog food comes in small kibbles, hence suitable for French Bulldogs as it lowers the probability of choking. It also contains antioxidants that protect from free radicals.
- Natural Balance is the best kibble mix recipe for dogs with allergies as it is free from fillers and by-products. This recipe is rich in dietary fiber that promotes digestion and maintenance of a healthy weight. It has no fillers and is crunchy, thus boosting dental health.
What are the best foods for tiny French Bulldogs?
Tiny French Bulldogs need a diet that suits their nutritional needs and promotes healthy growth. These diets include
- Earthborn Holistic Small Breed Dog Food from Earthborn mimics wild dog food making it attractive to your tiny French Bulldog. The food is made with whole grains to boost digestion and lower the risks of stomach problems.
- Castor and Pollux Organix Small Breed Dog Food is an excellent choice for tiny French Bulldogs as it is rich in protein that ensures your small dog becomes muscular and strong.
What are the best foods for medium-sized French Bulldogs?
Medium-sized French Bulldogs also have unique nutritional needs which can be satisfied by serving them the following diets:
Acana High Protein Adult Dry Dog Food, Wholesome Grains, and Grain-Free produced by Acana Store are rich in proteins needed by Medium-sized French Bulldogs for lean muscle. This formula is also grain-free; hence dogs with grain allergies can safely consume it.
- Royal Canin Medium Breed Adult Dry Dog Food is suitable for medium-sized French Bulldogs as it contains antioxidants and prebiotics for immunity and bowel health. Medium-sized French Bulldogs need a strong build boosted by the high-quality proteins in this formula.
What are the best foods for Large French Bulldogs?
Large French Bulldogs require high to moderate proteins to maintain their muscular appearance. The foods listed below are suitable for large-sized French Bulldogs:
- Wellness Core Grain-free Large Breed Dog Food targets large French Bulldogs. The first five ingredients for this formula are Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal, Lentils, and Peas with high protein content. It also has Chondroitin and Glucosamine needed by large breeds for strong joints. The fat and calorie content is moderate to ensure large dogs do not become obese.
- Holistic Select Natural Dry Dog Food contains omega fatty acids for a shiny coat and lustrous skin. It is also rich in dietary fiber that lowers the risks of obesity and promotes proper digestion.
What are the best foods for French Bulldogs with itchy skin?
Itchy skin could indicate allergies to a specific food type or ingredient. The recipes given below are the best foods for itchy skin:
- Diamond Naturals Dog Food is made from organic ingredients, with wild-caught Salmon being the number one ingredient. This hypoallergenic diet is free from grains, artificial flavors, and fillers. It is safe for all stages.
- Purina Pro Plan Sensitive Skin and Stomach is an excellent choice for itchy skin and has Salmon as the first ingredient. Most French Bulldogs are not sensitive to Salmon. It is free from major allergens like corn and wheat, thus suitable for sensitive skin. The food is also crafted with probiotics for proper digestion, and the kibble comes in triangular shapes, which are perfect for French Bulldogs’ muzzles. In addition, this diet has Oatmeal which is well-tolerated by French Bulldogs and contains amino acids for skin health.
- The Honest Kitchen Human- Grade Recipe is a limited-ingredient diet with no grains, corn, wheat, or artificial preservatives. The first ingredient is Dehydrated White Fish which is well-tolerated by dogs.
What are the best chicken-free foods for French Bulldogs?
Some of the dog food recipes without chicken in the ingredients list are given below:
- The Wild Prairie Puppy recipe provides high-quality proteins for French Bulldog Puppies. The first five ingredients in this diet are Water Buffalo, Lamb Meal, Sweet Potatoes, Egg products, and Pea Protein.
- The Wild High Prairie Adult recipe does not use poultry in its ingredients. It uses Bison, Beef, and Venison which are excellent sources of proteins for thick muscles.
What are the best foods for French Bulldogs for tear stains?
Watery eyes in French Bulldogs mainly stem from dietary allergens. To lower the risks of tear stains, serve your dog with the following diets:
- Brothers Complete Advanced Allergy Care Turkey and Dried Egg Recipe, a product of Brothers Complete, has the first five ingredients as Turkey Meal, Whole Dried Egg, Pea Starch, Cassava, and Peas. It is rich in proteins from real Turkey and is low glycemic. This recipe also contains digestive enzymes that promote the absorption of essential nutrients and lower the risks of allergies.
- Lucy Pet Formulas for Life, manufactured by Lucy Pet Products, is also the best for tear stains. It is a limited ingredient diet featuring Duck and Potatoes, which are more tolerable by French Bulldogs.
If the tear stains are not looked at and treated accordingly, there are the risks of French Bulldogs getting an eye infection that can become fatal.
What are the best foods for French Bulldogs with glucosamine?
Foods that contain Glucosamine are essential for senior French Bulldogs as they promote joint and hip health. Some of the recipes that have Glucosamine are given below:
Dogswell Nutrisca Hip & Joint Dry Dog Food, High Protein Chicken & Oats Recipe from Dogswell foods is a recipe that has both Chondroitin and Glucosamine that boost joint and hip health in senior French Bulldogs
NomNom Dog Food Company produces foods suitable for healthy joints as they contain Glucosamine. Their foods are customized according to your dog’s needs
- Iams Large Breed Adult Dry Dog Food is another recipe that has Chondroitin and Glucosamine that boosts your dog’s joint health
What are the best foods for French Bulldogs with rice?
Rice promotes energy production; hence having it in the ingredients will ensure your dog’s physical activity needs are fully catered for. The recipes below have rice as part of the ingredients:
- Purina Pro Plan Adult Sensitive Skin & Stomach Salmon & Rice Formula has rice as part of the ingredients. The first five ingredients are Salmon, Barley, Rice, Oatmeal, and Canola Meal. it has omega fatty acids for skin and coat health and is free from fillers and artificial preservatives
- Nutrisource Adult Chicken and Rice Formula is manufactured by Nutrisource and uses rice. French Bulldogs require energy and fiber for their activity levels and proper digestion, and this formula boosts their energy levels. The first five ingredients include Chicken, Chicken Broth, Chicken Liver, Ocean Fish, and Brown Rice.
What are the best foods for French Bulldogs with pancreatitis?
Pancreatitis results from the consumption of high-fat foods which overwork the pancreas, thus causing inflammation. Some foods can aid in combating pancreatitis, and they include:
Nutro Natural Choice Adult Healthy Weight Dry Dog Food, All Breed Sizes, Lamb & Chicken is safe for French Bulldogs with pancreatitis as it is crafted from lean Real Farm-raised Chicken with a combination of potatoes and lentils which are easy to digest
- Annamaet Grain-Free Lean Low Fat Formula Dry Dog Food has ChickenMeal, Field Peas, Lentils, Potato, and Tapioca as the first five ingredients. The fat content is low at 7% making it safe for dogs with pancreatitis.
What are the best foods for picky eaters, French Bulldogs?
Feeding a picky eater is tiresome as you might not know what’s best for them. The foods listed below are perfect for picky eaters:
- Ollie Subscription Dog Food is customized according to your dog’s nutritional needs and health condition. Ollie has four recipes: Chicken, Beef, Turkey, and Lamb. The food for picky French Bulldogs is richly flavored hence they will not be able to resist
- Solid Gold Leaping Waters Sensitive Stomach Cold Water Salmon & Vegetable Recipe from Solid Gold Dog Food is an excellent choice for picky eaters, especially if the pickiness is a result of a sensitive stomach as it is free from gluten and grain, thus easily digestible.