22 Best Dog Foods for Dry Itchy Skin
The foods for dry itchy skin are those crafted to lower the risks of itchiness that result from allergic reactions, weather changes, and poor nutrition. The best dog meals for dry itchy skin should, therefore, have essential oils that moisturize the skin to keep it soft. These include omega fatty acids from salmon oil, canola oil, flaxseed, and coconut oil.
Linoleic acids and zinc are also crucial as they promote natural oil that lower the rates of scratching. In addition, the foods should have antioxidants like vitamin C and E to lower the risk of skin-damaging free radicals. Grain-free, hypoallergenic, and limited ingredient recipes are necessary to lower skin allergies.
Choosing the correct format lowers the risks of allergies, itchiness, digestive problems, obesity, and ensures your dog remains happy as a result. There are lots of brands for the best dog food for itchy dry skin. However, the main ones include Wellness, Canidae, Merrick, Natural Balance, and Zignature with an average price of $64 and a price range of $38 to $113.
The type of food for itchy skin depends on your dog’s breed and life stage. Itchy skin is caused by climatic factors, allergies, medical issues, or genetic factors. Choosing the right food helps lower the itchiness and scratching.
These are the top five foods for dry, itchy skin:
|Check Price on AmazonCheck Price on Chewy|
|Check Price on Amazon|
|Check Price on AmazonCheck Price on Chewy|
|Check Price on AmazonCheck Price on Chewy|
Best for Sensitive Stomach
Note: All prices given here are as of March 25th, 2022.
View Table of Contents
- Best Overall 1. Wellness Simple L.I.D Turkey and Potato Dry Food
- Best Value 2. AvoDerm For Coat & Skin Dry Food
- Best Grain-Free 3. Canidae Real Salmon and Sweet Potato Grain-Free Dry Food
- Best Canned 4. Merrick L.I.D Formula Turkey and Rice Wet Dog Food
- Best for Sensitive Stomach 5. Brothers Complete Turkey & Egg Advanced Allergy Formula Dry Food
- 6. Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Formula Dry Food
- 7. Zignature Turkey Formula Limited Ingredient Wet Dog Food for Itchy Skin
- 8. Wellness CORE Original Deboned Turkey & Chicken Meal Grain-Free Recipe Dry Food
- 9. Taste of Wild Prairie High Puppy Dry Food
- 10. Brothers Complete Lamb and Egg Itchy Skin Dog Food Recipe Dry Food
- 11. Taste of the Wild Prey Angus Beef Limited Ingredient Dry Food
- 12. Royal Canin Veterinary Diets Hydrolyzed Protein Adult HP Dry Food
- 13. Venture Smoked Turkey and Butternut Squash Dry Dog Food
- 14. Zignature Turkey Formula Limited Ingredient Dry Food
- 15. Merrick Grain-Free Dry Food
- 16. Hill’s Science Diet Dry Food
- 17. Diamond Naturals Skin & Coat Dry Food
- 18. Monge Natural Super Premium Hypoallergenic Tuna & Salmon Dry Food
- 19. Special Dog Puppy Lamb and Rice Dry Food
- 20. Royal Canin Maxi Dermacomfort dry food for Large Adult Dogs with Sensitive Skin
- 21. Brit Premium by Nature Dog Wet Food Brit Care
- 22. Go Solutions Skin and Coat Care Chicken Recipe Dry Food
- What are the facts that you should know about dog meals for dry, itchy skin?
1. Wellness Simple L.I.D Turkey and Potato Dry Food
This recipe from WellPet LLC lives up to its name as it boosts your dog’s overall wellness.
This recipe has been in the market since March 17th, 2012, and it targets all dog breeds. Wellness Simple Dog Food for itchy skin include Deboned Turkey, Potatoes, Turkey Meal, Ground Potatoes, and Peas as the main ingredients. The average price for this diet in 2022 is $106.99 for a 40-lb bag.
This recipe has 26% protein content, 12% fat value, 5.5% fiber, and 11% moisture with a caloric value of 430 calories per cup. It helps with dry itchy skin in dogs thanks to its high omegas and antioxidants levels which moisturize the skin and protect it from oxidative damage. Besides helping with itchiness, this diet has loads of benefits for dogs.
It lowers allergic reactions that result in dry and itchy skin, as it is crafted with one protein source with highly digestible carbs. It derives most of its meat proteins from turkey for strong muscles. This meal further supports heart and joint wellness with taurine and glucosamine. Probiotics support digestive health. It also lowers allergic reactions as it is free from fillers like corn and wheat.
Dogs weighing 3-17 pounds need ⅓ to 1 cup daily, and those with weights ranging from 18-125 pounds need 1 ¼ to 5 ¼ cups. This recipe suits dogs with allergies.
2. AvoDerm For Coat & Skin Dry Food
This meal is perfect for dry itchy skin courtesy of its omega-rich avocados to soften the skin and keep the coat shiny, hence lowering skin problems.
The main ingredients are Chicken Meal, Ground Brown Rice, Ground White Rice, Oatmeal, and Chicken Fat with the current price being $54.99 for a 30-pounds bag.
3. Canidae Real Salmon and Sweet Potato Grain-Free Dry Food
This premium recipe from Canidae Corporation is great for dry itchy skin as it is crafted with fewer ingredients.
It has gained popularity since its first manufacturing date on August 6th, 2013, and it targets all dog breeds. Canidae grain-free for dry itchy skin features Salmon, Menhaden Fish Meal, Salmon Meal, Lentils, Sweet Potatoes, and Garbanzo Beans as the primary ingredients. The average price for this recipe in 2022 is $64.99 for a 24-lb bag.
It derives its meat proteins from salmon meals and menhaden fish meals. The nutritional values are 32%, 4.5%, 14%, and 10% for protein, fiber, fat, and moisture respectively. This meal has 459 calories per cup to boost stamina. It is a great choice for dry itchy skin as it is packed with vitamins C and E to protect the skin from inflammation. In addition, it has omega 3 and 6 fatty acids to soften the skin.
Besides being beneficial for the skin, this recipe also boosts cardiac and cartilage wellness with taurine, glucosamine, and chondroitin. It is also grain-free and has no fillers to lower the problems of skin allergies. Probiotics and antioxidants blend for smooth digestion and improved immunity.
Dogs weighing 2-10 pounds need ¼ to ⅝ cups daily, while those that have 10-150 pounds require a range of ⅝ to 5 ⅛ cups. It is best for pups with tummy sensitivities.
4. Merrick L.I.D Formula Turkey and Rice Wet Dog Food
This delicacy from Merrick Pet Care is perfect for dry itchy skin as it has a high moisture content to keep the skin soft.
It also has fewer ingredients. This recipe has been on the market since October 13th, 2020. It gets the bulk of its meat proteins from Turkey for muscle power. The major ingredients are Deboned Turkey, Turkey Broth, Turkey Liver, Brown Rice, and Oatmeal with a caloric value of 402 Kcal/can. A 12.7 oz-can, case of 12 goes for $39.36 in 2022.
The nutritional values are 8%, 1.4%, 6%, and 78% for proteins, Fiber, fat, and moisture respectively. It has no corn, wheat, or pea, which are common allergens. This lowers the risks of allergies. This recipe also supports digestive wellness with a blend of healthy grains. The high moisture value hydrates your dog and removes toxins from the body.
This recipe has folic acid for proper fetal growth. Merrick Limited Ingredient Recipe is ideal for dogs that have allergies and stomach sensitivities. The daily amounts depend on the body weight, with dogs weighing 3-6 pounds requiring ½ to ⅔ cups and those with weights ranging from 10-60 pounds need 1 to 3 ¼ cups.
Best for Sensitive Stomach
5. Brothers Complete Turkey & Egg Advanced Allergy Formula Dry Food
This recipe from Brothers Complete is suitable for dry itchy skin as it has digestive enzymes to lower the risks of allergies, boost immunity, break down food, and ensure maximum absorption of essential nutrients.
The manufacturing date is February 20th, 2014, and it targets all dog breeds. It draws its proteins from turkey meal and eggs for strong muscles. The average price for This diet in 2022 is $95.90 for a 25-lb bag.
Brothers Complete Turkey Meal Formula features Turkey Meal, Whole Eggs Dried, Pea Starch, Cassava/ Tapioca, and Peas. The protein and fat values are 36% and 16% while the fiber and moisture contents are 4% and 10% respectively with a caloric value of 415 Kcal/cup. Consuming this meal lowers itchiness and redness with omegas and zinc.
It helps with dry itchy skin thanks to vitamin C and E that lower the risks of skin damage from free radicals. This recipe also boosts bone and muscle wellness with calcium and phosphorus. Probiotics and prebiotics are responsible for good bacteria for gut health. The eggs have lots of amino acids for lean muscle mass. This recipe suits dogs with sensitive digestion. The daily amounts for dogs weighing 6-100 lbs range from ¼ to 4 cups.
This grain-inclusive and gluten-free formula from Natural Balance is an excellent choice for dry itchy skin as it has fewer ingredients.
This recipe has been in existence since October 2nd, 2001, and it targets all dog breeds. The major ingredients are Lamb, Brown Rice, Lamb Meal, Brewers Rice, and Rice Bran. The current price is $54.98 for a 26-lb bag.
The caloric value is 370 Kcal/cup with the protein, fat, moisture, and fiber values being 22%, 12%, 10%, and 4% respectively. Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Formula gets a majority of its meat proteins from lamb to boost your dog’s muscle health. The high-quality fiber from wholesome grains supports bowel and gut health, while calcium and phosphorus are important for bone, muscle, and tooth wellness.
Consuming this premium recipe lowers the risks of dry, itchy skin with omega 3 and 6 fatty acids. It also lowers the frequency of heart problems with taurine. It is naturally preserved with mixed tocopherols to lower allergic reactions.
This recipe is suitable for dogs with digestive problems. The daily portions depend on the body weight, and dogs weighing up to 10 pounds need 1 cup, and those weighing 10-100 pounds need a range of 1 to 5 cups.
This recipe from Pets Global Inc. is a perfect selection for dry itchy skin as it has lots of water and fewer ingredients.
The recipe targets all dog breeds and has been on the market since February 1st, 2019. It features real, farm-raised Turkey as the first ingredients for healthy muscles. Other main ingredients are Turkey Broth, Turkey Liver, Peas, and Turkey Meal. This Zignature formula gets lots of its meat proteins from Turkey, and the current price is $38.28 for a 13-oz can, case of 12.
The nutritional values are 11.5%, 1.2 %, 5%, and 78% for the protein, fiber, fat, and moisture contents respectively. It has 397 calories in every can to boost your dog’s energy levels. This meal has no wheat, corn, chicken, or potatoes. In addition, its low-glycemic property makes it a great choice for diabetic dogs.
It has taurine and L-carnitine to boost heart health and selenium and phosphorus for immunity and muscle wellness. This meal is further crafted with wholesome vegetables and fruits for antioxidants and high-quality fiber. These work together to protect the skin from free radicals and boost digestion. It suits pooches that have allergies. Dogs weighing up to 10 lbs need ¼ to ¾ cups daily.
This classic meal from Wellness is crafted for your dog’s skin and coat wellness thanks to its omega fatty acid content.
It has been in the market since October 2nd, 2001 with no history of recalls. It targets all dog breeds and features Deboned Turkey, Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal, Peas, and Dried Potatoes as the primary ingredients. The average price for this diet in 2022 is $74.99 for a 26- lb bag.
The nutritional values are 34% protein, 16% fat, 4% fiber, and 10% moisture. There are 417 calories in every cup to boost stamina. It is jam-packed with antioxidants like vitamin C and E to protect the skin from oxidative damage. It also reduces the problems of hip dysplasia, as it has chondroitin and glucosamine. Consuming this meal also boosts your dog’s bone, muscle, and eye health with calcium, phosphorus, and beta-carotene.
It also has probiotics and taurine for digestive and heart health. It has no corn, meat-by-product, wheat, or artificial preservatives to lower the risks of allergies. The daily intake depends on your dog’s weight, with dogs weighing 6-10 pounds needing ¼ to 1 ¼ cups and those weighing 20-115 pounds need 1 ¼ to 4 ¼ cups.
This high-quality protein recipe from Diamond Pet Food is perfect for your puppy’s skin and coat thanks to its flaxseed and salmon oil ingredients.
It has been in the market since November 17th, 2011, and it targets all dog breeds. This premium recipe features Water Buffalo, Egg Products, Lamb Meal, Sweet Potatoes, Pea Protein, and Peas with the current price being $55.99 for a 28-lb bag.
The protein and fat values are 28% and 17% respectively, while the fiber and moisture percentages are 5% and 10% with 415 calories per cup. This meal gets most of its meat proteins from water buffalo. Consuming this recipe reduces the risks of itchiness with omega 3 and 6 fatty acids. In addition, vitamins C and E provide a strong layer for the skin.
DHA is responsible for your puppy’s cognitive wellness, while taurine ensures proper heart functioning. This meal further lowers the stool odor with yucca schidigera. The daily intake depends on your puppy’s age and weight, with puppies aged 2-4 months and weighing 2 pounds requiring ⅔ cups while dogs aged 4-8 months need ½ cups. As your puppy grows, they require more cups as the activity levels increase. This meal suits dogs with allergy problems.
This high-quality dog food is an excellent choice for dry itchy skin courtesy of its digestive enzymes which reduce the risks of allergies.
The first production date is September 1st, 2014, and it targets all dog breeds. Brothers Complete dog food for dry itchy skin includes Lamb Meal, Turkey Meal, Dried Whole Eggs, Cassava/Tapioca, and Pea Flour. The average price for this recipe is $100.07 for a 25-lb bag.
This recipe gets a bulk of its proteins from Lamb Meal and eggs. Eggs have lots of amino acids; the building blocks of thick bones and muscles. It is rich in fiber from wholesome fruits and vegetables for digestive health. Calcium and phosphorus strengthen the muscles, while omega fatty acids, vitamins C and E work together for healthy skin and lower frequencies of itching. Consuming this meal also lowers the risks of cognitive and heart problems with DHA and taurine.
The daily intake depends on your dog’s poundage. Dogs weighing 6-25 pounds need ¼ to 1 cup, and weights ranging from 26-100 pounds need 1 to 4 cups. A 7 day switching period gives your dog time to adjust to Brothers Complete and lowers the risks of stomach issues.
This tangy meal from Diamond Pet Food delights your dog’s taste buds as it mimics wild dog food.
It is a great choice for dry, itchy skin as it has fewer ingredients. The manufacturing date is January 18th, 2019, and it targets all dog breeds. Taste of the Wild Formula for itchy skin in dogs includes Beef, Lentils, Tomato Pomace, Sunflower Oil, Natural Flavor, and Dicalcium Phosphate as the main ingredients. The current price is $59.99 for a 25-lb bag.
Every cup has 412 calories in each cup, with the protein and fat contents being 27% and 15%. The fiber and moisture percentages are 5% and 10%. This recipe promotes skin and coat health with zinc, vitamin E, and fatty acids. In addition, it supports cardiac and cognitive functions with L-carnitine, taurine, and DHA. Angus Beef is the main meat that contributes to high-quality proteins for muscle wellness.
This diet is formulated with limited ingredients for superior digestibility and lower risks of allergies. It is the best choice for itchy skin as it is free from grains, GMO, artificial flavors, and colorings. It also boosts digestive wellness with probiotics. The daily intake varies depending on body weight. Dogs weighing 3-5 pounds need ⅔ to 1 cup. This meal suits dogs with allergic reactions.
Royal Canin Dog Food for Dry itchy skin includes Brewers Rice, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Chicken Fat, Natural Flavors, and Dried Plain Beet Pulp as the main ingredients.
The average price for this recipe in 2022 is $112.99 for a 25.3-lb bag. It helps with dry skin with omega 3 and 6 fatty acids.
This limited ingredient recipe is perfect for dry itchy skin thanks to the fewer ingredients, vitamin E, and omegas.
It features Turkey, Turkey Meal, Butternut Squash, Tapioca, and Pumpkin as the primary ingredients. The current price for this skin-friendly meal is $77.87 for a 25-lb bag.
Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, fewer ingredients, and flaxseed make this tangy meal an excellent option for dry itchy skin.
Antioxidants also boost coat and skin health. The primary ingredients are Turkey, Turkey Meal, Chickpeas, Peas, and Sunflower Oil. The price for this recipe in 2022 is $62.99 for a 25-lb bag.
Serve your dog this recipe and forget itchiness and dryness.
This meal has omegas to moisturize the skin and reduce the risks of dry itchy skin. It includes Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Sweet Potatoes, Potatoes, and Salmon Meal. The current price for this diet is $64.98 for a 22-lb bag.
This recipe is rich in vitamin E, fatty acids, and antioxidants that work together to promote skin and coat wellness.
This recipe features Chicken Meal, Whole Grain Wheat, Brewers Rice, Whole Grain Sorghum, and Soybean Meal as the major ingredients. The current price is $40.99 for a 15.5-lb bag.
This high-quality dog food is formulated specifically for skin and coat wellness.
It lowers the problems of itchiness and dry skin with real salmon, omegas, and antioxidants. The main ingredients are Salmon, Fish Meal, Potatoes, Lentils, and Peas. The average price for this diet in 2022 is $81.98 for a 30-pounds bag.
This hypoallergenic formula features Rice, Salmon, Tuna, Brewers Yeast, and Vegetable oil.
It is an excellent choice for coat and skin wellness with, high content of omegas and antioxidants. In addition, it is highly digestible to lower the problems of allergies. Monge Natural’s average price in 2022 is $27.00 for a 2.5 kg bag.
The high palatability, antioxidants, and omega 3 and 6 fatty acids ensure your dog’s coat and skin stay smooth, soft, and shiny.
This lamb and rice formula features Rice, Lamb Meal, Meat By-Products, Dried Beet Pulp, and Vegetable oils. Yucca Schidigera boosts digestibility. The current price is $57.50 for a 9-kg bag.
This premium Dog Food is crafted specifically for coat and skin comfort.
Consuming it lowers the risks of itchiness and scratching, omega 3 and 6 fatty acids. Consuming it also gives dogs a protective layer that lowers the risks of inflammation. This recipe is a great choice for dogs prone to skin irritation.
This diet is enriched with fruits like blueberries and is highly digestible to lower food allergies and provide antioxidants that protect the skin against free radicals that cause inflammation.
It is richly flavored to delight your picky eater. The high moisture content also supports the skin by moisturizing it and removing toxins.
This is the solution for dry and itchy skin.
Formulated with real chicken, this meal is known for its positive effects on your dog’s skin. It has lots of antioxidant-rich fruits to ensure your dog’s skin is protected against oxidative damage. Flaxseed and chicken provide essential oils for skin wellness.
What are the facts that you should know about dog meals for dry, itchy skin?
Here are the facts that you should know about the best dog foods for dry itchy skin:
- The foods should be rich in omega 3 and 6 fatty acids to moisturize the skin and give the coat a bright look. Flaxseed, canola oil, salmon oil, and avocados are omega-rich sources to lower the rate of redness and scratching.
- The foods for dry, itchy skin are those rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants protect the skin from free radicals that cause inflammation, which encourages scratching and redness.
- High water content is a plus in foods for dry, itchy skin. Water moisturizes the skin and removes toxins.
- The dog meals for dry, itchy skin should have lots of high-quality proteins for a lean muscle mass. Strong muscles boost your dog’s appearance.
- The foods for dry itchy skin should have no allergens like wheat, corn, soy, artificial preservatives, and unhealthy fillers. This ensures lower risks of allergic reactions which trigger skin problems including scratching, itchiness, and redness.
- The foods for dry itchy skin should be highly digestible, hypoallergenic, and with fewer ingredients. All these properties lower the risks of allergic reactions. High-quality fiber, prebiotics, and probiotics from high-quality sources work together to boost digestive and gut wellness.
What are the best foods for itchy skin according to dog sizes?
The best foods for small-sized dogs
- Blue Buffalo Small Breed Life Protection Formula Dry Food: This recipe is perfect for dry skin as it has omega 3 and 6 fatty acids to lower the frequencies of shedding and skin irritation. It has no corn, soy, or wheat to lower allergic reaction
- Rachel Ray Bright Puppy Nutrish Puppy Food: It is jam-packed with omega-rich ingredients and antioxidants that protect the skin from damage.
The best food for medium-sized dogs
- Victor Select Yukon River Grain-free Dry Food: The main ingredients are Menhaden Fish Meal, Peas, Chicken Fat, Garbanzo Beans, and Dehydrated Salmon. These ingredients work together to give your dog smooth and shiny skin.
- Acana Grain-free Dry Dog Food: This diet is crafted with raw ingredients to delight your dog’s instincts. It has no artificial flavoring or colors to lower the risk of allergies.
The best foods for large dogs
- Wellness Core Large Breed Grain-free Food: It has Chicken, Turkey, real fruits, and vegetables for strong antioxidants and high-quality proteins for skin and muscle power. It has omega-dense ingredients for smooth skin.
- Purina Pro Adult Plan Dry Food: It is the best choice for your big Great Dane as it has vitamin A and omega 3 and 6 fatty acids for the skin.
What are the best foods for itchy skin with different ingredients?
The best food with pumpkin for dry itchy skin
- Weruva Pumpkin Puree Dog Food Supplement: This recipe has soluble and insoluble fiber to boost digestion and gut wellness. This also improves digestibility for lower risks of allergies.
- Nature’s Recipe Grain-free Food: This meal is an excellent choice for the skin as it is highly digestible. It has Chicken, Sweet Potato, and Pumpkin.
The best chicken-free formulas for dry itchy skin
- Instinct Original with Real Rabbit Grain-free Freeze-Dried Dog Food: Rabbit is a great source of proteins for strong muscles. It features canola oil, vitamin C and E, and omega 3 and 6 fatty acids that boost coat and skin wellness.
- Stella & Chewy’s Goose Dinner Patties Duck Freeze-Dried Food: It has Duck and Turkey as the main protein sources for muscle power. It is also rich in antioxidants that protect the skin from damage.
What are the other dog foods for different health conditions similar to itchy skin?
The best foods for pooches with allergies
- Canidae Limited Diet Grain-Free Dry Food: It suits dogs that have allergies as it has fewer ingredients. In addition, it has no grain, wheat, corn, soy, and artificial preservatives to lower allergic reactions.
- Venture Grain-free Limited Ingredient Formula Dry Food: The fewer the ingredients, the lower the risks of allergies. It has no fillers, potatoes, gluten, or grain, hence perfect for dogs with allergy issues.
The best formulas for pets with stomach sensitivities
- Diamond Care Adult Grain-free Sensitive Stomach Formula: This recipe is crafted for dogs with sensitive stomachs. It has a single-source, highly-digestible protein source and is rich in omegas for digestive wellness and healthy skin.
- Wellness Core Wholesome Grains, Chicken & Rice Digestive Health Formula: This recipe is highly-digestible and has prebiotics and probiotics for gut and bowel wellness. It contains omega-rich ingredients for coat and skin wellbeing.
What are the best foods for different dog breeds with itchy skin?
Best Foods for French Bulldogs with itchy skin.
- Nulo Freestyle Salmon & Peas Grain-Free Dry Food: It is crafted with low-glycemic ingredients, has omega 3 and 6, and vitamins A and C that work together to protect your French Bulldog’s skin from oxidative damage which causes itchiness and redness. The omegas also soften the skin.
- Purina Pro Plan Shredded Blend Chicken & Rice Formula: It is highly shredded for easier digestion and lower risks of allergies which trigger skin problems.
Best Dog recipes for Huskies with itchy Skin
- Diamond Naturals All Life Stages Dog Food: Chicken is the number one ingredient for strong muscles. In addition, this recipe has omega 3 and 6 fatty acids for the skin. Blueberries provide antioxidants for the anti-inflammation of the skin.
- Victor Purpose Healthy Weight Senior Dry Food: This meal has zinc, selenium, and vitamin A which work together to support skin and coat wellness. The high-quality proteins give your Husky a lean muscle mass.
Best Dog meals for Labradors with itchy skin
- Nutro Ultra Adult Dry Food: It features Coconut and Blueberries for essential oils and antioxidants to lower the risks of itchiness. In addition, it has selenium, vitamin E, and omegas for coat and skin health.
- American Journey Chicken & Sweet Potato Formula Large Adult Dry Food: Consuming this meal boosts your Lab’s skin wellness as it has blueberries, salmon oil, flaxseed, and omega 3 and 6 fatty acids that blend to give your dog smooth and shiny skin.
Best Foods for Dachshunds with itchy skin
- Harvest Kitchen Gentle Formula: This delicacy is slow-cooked to ensure maximum absorption of essential nutrients that support your Dachshund’s overall health, including skin wellness. It is also rich in fatty acids and vitamin A responsible for skin and coat health.
- Dr. Tim’s Kinesis All Life Formula Dry Food: It is crafted with fish oil for high-quality fatty acids to lower the frequencies of itchiness and shedding. It also supports cognitive functioning with DHA and EPA.
Best Foods for Shih Tzu with itchy skin:
- Health Extension Chicken & Brown Rice Little Bites Dry Formula: Extend your dog’s overall health with this premium recipe. It is jam-packed with omega 3 and 6 fatty acids that blend with probiotics for reduced risks of skin problems and allergic reactions. Flaxseed also supports skin wellness.
- Merrick Grain-free Lil Plates Dry Food: Give your Shih Tzu a happy digestive system with this recipe. It is packed with probiotics and prebiotics for proper digestion, which translates to lower risks of tummy problems and allergic reactions.
Best Food for Yorkies with itchy skin
- Whole Earth Farms Chicken & Turkey Formula Dry Food: Give your Yorkie an admirable skin free of redness and itchiness with this tangy meal. It is crafted with omegas that work with antioxidants to moisturize the skin and protect it from free radicals.
- Orijen Grain-free Regional Red Dry Food: Your Yorkie will enjoy this meal as it mimics wild dog food. It uses raw ingredients for maximum nutritional benefits and has omega 3 and 6 fatty acids for the skin. It also gives dogs strong bones with calcium and phosphorus.
Best Food for German Shepherds with itchy skin
- Dr. Gary’s German Holistic Best Breed Dry Food: This meal has canola oil, fish oil, and flaxseed which are essential for smooth and shiny skin. Consuming this delicacy lowers the risks of coat and skin problems for your German Shepherd.
- Nom Nom Fresh Dog Food Beef Mash: This recipe is an awesome selection for your itchy German shepherd, as it contains lots of water to moisturize the skin and remove toxins that negatively affect your dog’s coat and skin.