25 Best Dog Foods for Dachshunds
Dachshunds are small dogs. They are the smallest of the hound breeds. They are also known as wieners due to their short stature and elongated bodies. The best foods for their small but tough bodies are those with the perfect mix of proteins, carbs, fats, vitamins, and minerals. Dachshunds are playful and energetic dogs but not as much as toy breeds. Therefore, their best foods should have enough calories to sustain their activity levels.
Although they need calories for energy, the caloric content should not be very high since Dachshunds are prone to obesity. The fat value for their best foods should be low to moderate. In addition, Dachshunds are predisposed to stomach sensitivities so their food should be free from artificial additives and fillers.
Furthermore, Dachshunds are susceptible to joint pain, arthritis, and hip dysplasia, so their best foods should have calcium, phosphorus, chondroitin, and glucosamine. Their high activity levels call for frequent feeding to lower the risk of hypoglycemia. Choosing the right food lowers the risks of obesity, allergies, and digestive problems for a happy life.
The top-selling brands for the best dog food for Dachshunds are Royal Canin, Nutro, Wellness, Hill’s Science, and Farmina N & D. The average price is $41, ranging from $20 to $90. Puppies need more calories and proteins than adults and seniors for growth. Here are our top picks for the best food for Dachshunds:
- The best dog food overall: Royal Canin Dry Dog Food– $46.99 for a 14 pounds bag
- The best budget-friendly dog food: Nutro Wholesome Essentials Dry Dog Food– $24.98 for a 13 pounds bag
- The best dog food for joint health: Wellness Natural Pet Food Complete Health Dry Dog Food– $39.98 for a 15 pounds bag
- The best Freeze-Dried dog food: Stella & Chewy’s Freeze-Dried Raw Dog Food Lil Bites– $19.99 for a 7-ounce bag
- The best dog food for weight management: Orijen Fit & Trim Adult Dry Dog Food– $56.99 for a 13 pounds bag
Note: The prices quoted in this article are as of 9th February 2022
View Table of Contents
- 1. Royal Canin Dry Dog Food
- 2. Hill’s Science Diet Dry Dog Food
- 3. Nutro Wholesome Essentials Dry Dog Food
- 4. Wellness Natural Pet Food Complete Health Dry Dog Food
- 5. Farmina Natural & Delicious Small & Medium Breed Puppy Formula Dry Dog Food
- 6. Wellness CORE Grain-Free Small Breed Puppy Recipe Dry Dog Food
- 7. Nulo Puppy & Small Breed Grain-Free Wet Canned Food
- 8. Stella & Chewy’s Freeze-Dried Raw Dog Food Lil’ Bites
- 9. Orijen Fit & Trim Adult Dry Dog Food
- 10. Blue Buffalo Wilderness Senior Wet Dog Food
- 11. Wellness CORE Small Breed Recipe Dry Dog Food
- 12. Nutro Adult Small Breed Dog Food Dry Dog Food
- 13. Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Small Breed Dry Dog Food
- 14. Holistic Select Small & Mini Breed Adult Anchovy, Sardine & Chicken Meal Recipe Dry Dog Food
- 15. NomNomNow Fresh Dog Food
- 16. Nature’s Variety Instinct Raw Boost Small-Breed Recipe With Real Chicken Dry Dog Food
- 17. ZENITH Grain-Free Soft Premium Dry Dog Food
- 18. Cesar Wet Dog Food
- 19. Aozi Natural Organic Dry Dog Food
- 20. Aozi Dog Organic Wet Dog Food
- 21. Vitality Classic for Adult Dogs Dry Dog Food
- 22. Brit Care Prevention by Nutrition Dry Dog Food
- 23. Morando Dry Food For Dogs
- 24. The Incredible Raw Dog Food
- 25. Power Dog Organic Dry Dog Food
- What facts should you know about the best dog foods for Dachshunds?
Mars Pet Food Company is no stranger to the best dog food, and this particular formula is no exception.
It is crafted specifically for small, extra small, and toy dogs with a production date of February 2nd, 2012. The main ingredients are Corn, Chicken By-Product Meal, Brewers Rice, Brown Rice, and Corn Gluten Meal. The caloric content of 359 Kcal/cup ensures your Dachshund stays active and maintains a healthy weight.
The protein and fat values are 25% and 14% for strong muscles and proper energy. Fiber and moisture values are 3.4% and 10% respectively. This meal contains EPA and DHA for neural wellness, proper vision, and mobility. Consuming this meal promotes heart wellness with methionine and L-carnitine. Antioxidants work together with vitamin C and E to boost immunity, while the small kibble size is perfect for miniature dogs like Dachshunds.
This meal is highly palatable so you should control your dog’s portions to avoid overfeeding. Dogs weighing 2.2 lbs need ¼ cups for low and medium activity and ⅜ cups for high activity. In comparison, those weighing 4.4 lbs need ⅜ cups for low activity and ½ cups for medium activity and high activity. It is suitable for dogs who can tolerate grains
Hill’s Science is known for high-quality meals for premium nutrition, and this meal for small, extra small, and toy breeds follows suit.
The production date is September 30th, 2004, with no history of recalls. The primary ingredients are Chicken Meal, Brewers Rice, Whole Grain Wheat, Soybean Meal, and Whole Grain Sorghum.
It has 371 calories per cup hence better for Dachshunds as it boosts energy levels and lowers the risks of obesity. The 20% protein value supports muscle health, while the fat value of 12.5% ensures your dog stays active and maintains a healthy weight. Calcium provides better bone health, while beta-carotene boosts vision health. This meal is good for heart health with taurine and L-carnitine. It also gives your pooch a visibly shiny coat and lustrous skin with omega fatty acids.
Antioxidants, vitamin C, and vitamin E blend properly against infections. This meal is better for Dachshunds as it is naturally preserved with mixed tocopherols to lower the risk of sensitive stomachs. The daily consumption varies depending on your dog’s weight, with dogs weighing 2 lbs needing ¼ cups while those weighing 5 lbs need ⅝ cups. This diet suits dogs who can tolerate grains.
As the name suggests, this meal from Nutro provides wholesome nutrition essential for your dog’s overall health.
The production date is February 2nd, 2015, and it targets all dog breeds and sizes. Chicken is the number one ingredient for premium protein to boost muscle power. Other key ingredients are Brewers Rice, Chicken Meal, Whole Grain Brown Rice, and Whole Grain Barley.
It helps Dachshunds maintain a healthy weight while providing sufficient energy with a caloric value of 343 Kcal/cup and a fat value of 14%. The protein, fiber, and moisture values are 22%, 3.5%, and 10%, respectively. This meal supports digestive health as it is jam-packed with natural fiber. It is also crafted with essential antioxidants for proper immunity. Omega fatty acids give your Dachshund a soft skin and a shiny coat.
Dogs weighing 15 lbs need 1 to 1 ¼ cups per day, while those weighing 25 lbs need 1 ⅔ to 2 cups. Dogs With weights ranging from 35-65 lbs need 2 to 3 ¾ cups. Each dog is unique, and its nutritional needs may differ. You should, therefore, adjust the portions to suit your dog’s needs. This formula is suitable for dogs with sensitive tummies.
This formula by Wellness is crafted to provide complete nutrition for your dog.
It uses wholesome and premium ingredients for all-rounded wellness. The first production date is October 2nd, 2001. Deboned Chicken and Chicken Meal are the first two ingredients for top-notch proteins to boost muscle power. Other key ingredients are Oatmeal, Ground Barley, and Peas for high-quality fiber to support bowel and gut health.
The protein value is 24% while the fat value is 12%. The fiber and moisture values are 4% and 10% respectively. It has a caloric value of 434 Kcal/cup for physical activity. This diet supports bone, joint, and muscle health with calcium, phosphorus, chondroitin, and glucosamine. It is also good for the eyes as it contains beta-carotene. Serving this meal to your dog boosts the skin and coat appearance with omega fatty acids and vitamin A.
In addition, this meal reduces fecal odor with yucca schidigera. Dogs weighing 7-17 lbs require 3 to 7 ½ cups per day. For mixed feeding, you should reduce the dry food by ⅓ cups for every 6-oz of wet food. This recipe is suitable for dogs with sensitive tummies as it is free from soy, corn, wheat, and gluten
This meal from Farmina Pet Foods is crafted from natural ingredients for a delicious and irresistible flavor that tempts picky eaters.
The first production date is April 2nd, 2014, and it targets small and medium breeds. This diet is better for Dachshunds as it is rich in proteins and fiber and has limited carbohydrates.
Deboned Chicken and Dehydrated Chicken are the first two ingredients contributing to a high protein value of 35% for a lean muscle mass. Other primary ingredients are Potato, Chicken Fat, and Dehydrated Egg Product. The caloric value of 492 Kcal/cup and a fat value of 22% ensure your dog stays active throughout the day. The fiber and moisture values are 2.3% and 10%.
This formula lowers the risks of joint and bone problems with calcium, phosphorus, glucosamine, and chondroitin. It also supports cardiac health with methionine, taurine, and L-carnitine. In addition, consuming this meal promotes your puppy’s brain development and good eyesight with DHA and beta-carotene.
The daily consumption varies depending on your dog’s weight and activity levels. A transition period of ten days prepares your dog’s digestive system for the new meal. This recipe is suitable for dogs with grain allergies.
This formula from Wellness provides core benefits for the overall wellness of your puppy.
The first production date is April 10th, 2018, with no history of recalls. The first five ingredients are Deboned Turkey, Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal, Peas, and Chicken Fat, with a caloric value of 504 Kcal/cup for energy production. The high protein value of 38% promotes muscle health while the fat and fiber values of 18% and 4.5% fat and fiber values provide energy and promote digestive health.
Calcium and phosphorus promote bone health, while omega fatty acids give your dog a visibly shiny coat and smooth skin. Your puppy’s brain is still developing, and this meal is an excellent choice as it contains DHA. It is also crafted with yucca schidigera and taurine to reduce stool odor and support heart health.
Consuming this meal protects your dog from infections with the combination of antioxidants, Vitamin C, and vitamin E. Probiotics boost digestive health and the small kibble size is perfect for your petite puppy. Dogs weighing 3 pounds need ⅓ to ⅔ cups, while those with weights ranging from 7-18 pounds need 1 to 1 ¾ cups per day. Dogs with sensitive tummies and grain allergies are well-suited for this meal.
Serve your puppy this savory meal from Nulo Pet Foods for premium nutrition and healthy growth and development.
The production date is August 7th, 2020, with no history of recalls. It targets small, extra small, and toy breeds. It comes in a small kibble size for your puppy’s small mouth to ease chewing and digestion.
The first three ingredients are Duck, Duck Broth, and Turkey Liver for high-quality protein for thick muscles. The other two key ingredients are Dicalcium Phosphate and Ground Lentils. The caloric value of 223 Kcal/can and a fat value of 8% boost your dog’s energy levels, while L-carnitine breaks down excess fats for ideal body weight.
Amino acids promote heart health and lean muscle mass, while natural fiber and inulin are essential for smooth digestion. It also supports skin and coat health with omega fatty acids. You can serve it as a topper or a standalone meal. The feeding guidelines depend on your dog’s breed size, with toy breeds needing ½ to 1 can daily while small dogs need 1 to 1 ¾ cans. Medium and large dogs need 1 ¾ to 2 ¾ cans and 2 ¾ to 3 ½ cans, respectively. This diet is suitable for dogs with sensitive tummies.
This meal by Stella & Chewy’s LLC is rich in flavor and provides wholesome benefits for your tiny dog.
The first production date is February 10th, 2019, and it is gaining popularity among pet parents. It’s crafted for small, extra small, and toy breeds. It is an excellent choice for your Dachshund as it is free from wheat, corn, soy, and artificial preservatives for sensitive stomachs.
The primary ingredients are Beef, Beef Kidney, Beef Liver, Beef Heart, and Beef Tripe for a high protein value of 37% for strong muscles. The caloric value is 235 Kcal/cup, and a fat value of 37% is essential for energy production. Both the fiber and moisture values are 5%.
The use of raw ingredients combined with Freeze-Drying contributes to a richly-flavored diet to appeal to all dogs, including picky eaters. It also supports dental health and smooth digestion. Minimal processing ensures all essential nutrients are retained while taurine lowers the risks of heart problems.
The feeding instructions depend on your dog’s weight, with dogs weighing up to 5 lbs requiring ½ cup while those weighing 6-10 lbs need one cup. Dogs with weights ranging from 11-30 lbs need 1 ¼ to 2 cups. This diet suits dogs with grain allergies
This premium dog food from Champion Pet Foods will keep your dog fit and trim for an active and healthy life.
It is packed with essential proteins, fats, and nutrients that work together to give your dog a longer life span. The first production date is March 15th, 2019, targeting all dog breeds. It has a high protein content of 42% resulting from the first five ingredients, including Chicken, Chicken Liver, Turkey GibletsTurkey and Cod.
The high-quality protein supports muscle health, while the caloric content of 401 Kcal/cup combined with 13% fat value provides sufficient energy for your Dachshund. Consuming this formula lowers the risks of hip dysplasia, joint problems, and weak bones as it contains glucosamine, calcium, and phosphorus. It further ensures your dog’s skin and coat are bright with omega fatty acids.
In addition, this meal is crafted with DHA for brain and vision health and is rich in fiber for smooth digestion. The daily consumption varies depending on your dog’s weight. Dogs weighing 5-15 lbs need ⅓ to ¾ cups for weight maintenance and ⅓ to ⅔ for weight loss. This meal is better for Dachshunds as it provides energy and strengthens the muscles. It is suitable for weight management
If your Dachshund is approaching their golden years, then this nutritious meal from Blue Buffalo is an excellent choice.
The first production date is June 25th, 2014, and it is crafted for all dog breeds. This meal is a high-protein diet to boost muscle strength. This results from the primary ingredients: Turkey, Chicken Broth, Chicken, Chicken Liver, and Potatoes.
It has 437 calories per can with a fat value of 6% to keep your dog active. The protein, fiber, and moisture values are 8%, 1.5%, and 78%, respectively. This diet ensures maximum absorption of essential minerals with chelated minerals and lowers the risk of dehydration with the high moisture content. It is jam-packed with real fruits and vegetables for antioxidants to lower your visits to the vet, thus saving you money.
You can serve it as a treat, a topper, or a standalone meal. For every 10 pounds of body weight, you should give ¾ to 1 can per day. A transition period of 14 days is beneficial for your dog as it prepares the digestive system. Start with 25% of Blue Buffalo and gradually increase the amounts. This formula is suitable for senior dogs with sensitive tummies.
This formula by Wellness is suitable for Dachshunds as it has chondroitin, glucosamine, calcium, and phosphorus to lower the risk of joint problems and hip dysplasia.
It is also crafted with taurine, antioxidants, and probiotics for the heart, immune, and digestive health. It comes in small kibbles for easy chewing.
This recipe from Nutro has no wheat, soy, or corn, thus perfect for your sensitive Dachshund.
Chicken is the number one ingredient for high-quality proteins for strong muscles. It has a caloric content of 352 Kcal/cup and a fat value of 16% to provide enough energy for physical activity.
This delicacy from Blue Buffalo is crafted with real meat and fresh vegetables to mimic wild dog food that appeals to your dog’s instincts.
It targets small, extra small, and toy dog breeds. Deboned Chicken and Chicken Meal are the first two ingredients for premium proteins to boost muscle health.
This tangy formula from Wellness LLC targets small, extra small, and toy breeds like your Dachshund.
It is crafted with the needs of your petite fur baby in mind for optimal nutrition. It has glucosamine, probiotics, and taurine for joint, gut, and heart health. It is further fortified with omega fatty acids for skin health.
NomNom Pet Foods produces highly nutritious and fresh recipes using real and natural ingredients.
The formulas are customized according to your dog’s needs. And it doesn’t stop there; the fresh meals are delivered right to your doorstep, thus saving you time. Consuming these meals will leave your dog excited and healthy.
This mouth-watering diet from Nature’s Variety is freeze-Dried for a burst of raw flavors to tempt even the fussy feeders.
Chicken is the number one ingredient for strong muscles. This diet supports joint and hip health with glucosamine and chondroitin. The caloric content of 469 Kcal/cup keeps your dog active.
This meal has no corn, wheat, or soy hence safe for your sensitive Dachshund.
It is crafted with real Lamb and Potatoes for high-quality proteins and fiber to boost muscle power and bowel health. It keeps the skin and coats soft and smooth with omega fatty acids. It comes in a soft texture for easy chewing.
This formula by Cesar is an excellent choice for Dachshunds as Beef is the number one ingredient for high-quality proteins for lean muscles.
It comes in easy-to-serve trays to save you time. Your picky eater will enjoy the rich culinary experience from this formula and will come for more and more.
This hypoallergenic dry formula is crafted from organic ingredients to lower the risks of digestive problems.
It supports hair and skin health with omega fatty acids. It has high-quality proteins, antioxidants, and probiotics for strong muscles, improved immunity, and digestive health. The fat value of 14% boosts energy and promote healthy weight.
This delicious food with Beef as the number one ingredient is crafted for all dog breeds and sizes.
This wet formula has a richer flavor than the dry formula. It is crafted according to your dog’s physical and nutritional needs. It supports bone, dental, and immune wellness with calcium and antioxidants.
This classic hypoallergenic recipe is the best choice for your Dachshund to boost overall growth through complete and balanced nutrition.
It is highly digestible to lower stomach problems, sensitivities, and stool odor. It also promotes a shiny coat and smooth skin with omega fatty acids. Antioxidants protect your dog from infections.
This formula is specially formulated for small dogs like Dachshunds.
The number one ingredient for the puppy formula is Salmon for top-notch proteins to boost muscle health and promote an ideal body weight. It has omega fatty acids, calcium, and phosphorus for skin and bone health. Dietary fiber supports digestive health.
Morando dog formulas are crafted with high-quality ingredients enriched with superfoods, antioxidants, and essential nutrients.
It is highly digestible to lower the risks of stomach problems. It is also crafted with omega fatty acids for a visibly shining coat and glittering soft skin. It has antioxidants for immunity.
This incredibly delicious formula is crafted from raw and fresh ingredients to boost flavor and attract even the picky eaters.
The company uses natural ingredients sourced from human-grade meat. It is free from wheat, corn, and soy hence safe for a sensitive stomach. This formula is rich in proteins for strong muscles.
This low glycemic grain-free formula supports brain and vision health with DHA.
It also contains calcium and phosphorus for better bone health and is packed with antioxidants to protect your dog from free radicals that cause inflammatory diseases like cancer. In addition, it has omega fatty acids for skin and coat health.
What facts should you know about the best dog foods for Dachshunds?
Here are the facts that you should know about the best dog foods for Dachshunds:
- Dachshunds are prone to joint problems and hip dysplasia; hence their best foods should include supplements like glucosamine, chondroitin, calcium, and phosphorus that promote bone and joint health
- The best dog foods for Dachshunds should have above-average fat content for energy production. Dachshunds are susceptible to obesity, and high-fat contents can aggravate this, thus leading to heart problems. The fat should come from healthy sources like flaxseed.
- The best dog foods for Dachshund should have a high protein content. The proteins should come from high-quality, specific, and recognizable sources.
- Dachshunds are predisposed to sensitive tummies; hence their best foods should be free from artificial additives, preservatives, and common allergens like wheat, corn, and soy.
- Dachshunds are high-energy dogs hence need moderate to high calories and carbs for their energy needs. The carbs should come from wholesome sources like sweet potatoes and oatmeal.
- The best dog foods for Dachshunds should not contain unidentified meat meals or by-products. They should be specified like chicken meal or salmon meal.
- The best dog food for Dachshunds should keep your dog’s coat and skin smooth and shiny. The foods should, therefore, have omega fatty acids or vitamin A.
What are the Best Dog Foods for Dachshunds according to Sizes?
Best Dog Foods for small-sized Dachshunds
- Purina Bella Small Breed Chicken & Bacon Food Trays. It has 97 calories per tray and a 6% fat value to boost muscle power. The high moisture value keeps your dog hydrated and flushes out toxins.
- Solid Gold Mighty Mini Chicken & Pumpkin Recipe in Gravy. Chicken and Chicken Broth are the first two ingredients for premium proteins for a muscular look.
The best dog foods for medium-sized Dachshunds
- Royal Canin Medium Puppy Formula. It is crafted to meet the energy needs of your Dachshund. It is packed with antioxidants for immunity. It is also crafted with digestible proteins and prebiotics for digestive health.
- Fromm gold Dog Food Weight Management. It helps your medium Dachshund maintain a healthy weight. It is crafted with Turkey Liver, Duck, Chicken, Lamb, and Whole Eggs for high-quality proteins.
The best dog foods for large Dachshunds
- Eukanuba Puppy Large Breed Dry Food. It boosts lean muscle growth and joint health with high-quality proteins, glucosamine, and chondroitin.
- Eagle Pack Chicken & Pork Large Breed Dry Food. It has glucosamine, omega fatty acids, and antioxidants for joint health, bright skin, and improved immunity. It has no corn, wheat, soy, or artificial preservatives, thus safe for your large sensitive Dachshund.
What are the best dog foods for Dachshunds with different health conditions?
The best dog foods for Dachshunds with itchy skin
- Brothers Complete Advanced Allergy Care Dry Food. This meal is quite pricey, but it is worth your money as it comes with loads of benefits for your Dachshund. It is crafted with low glycemic fats and digestive enzymes to lower the risk of allergies.
- Purina Pro Plan Development Puppy Grain-free Canned Food. It is free from soy, corn, wheat, and artificial preservatives to reduce the risk of itchy skin.
The best dog foods for picky eater Dachshund
- Honest Kitchen Whole Grain Dehydrated Food. it is crafted with human-grade ingredients, with the first ingredient being Dehydrated Chicken for high-quality proteins and a rich flavor to tempt your picky eater Dachshund
- Tylee’s Human-Grade Frozen Beef Formula. It is crafted with human-grade ingredients and starts with real beef for an excellent taste to tempt your picky eater, Dachshund.
The best dog foods for Dachshunds with pancreatitis.
- Merrick Grain-free Healthy Weight Formula. It has a low-fat value of 10% hence safe for pancreatic dogs. In addition, this meal is fortified with glucosamine and chondroitin for healthy joints and hips. It also contains taurine for a strong heart.
- Nulo Freestyle Cod & Lentils Trim Adult Dry Food. it contains L-carnitine that supports the breakdown of fats to energy and has a fat content of 7% hence suitable for dogs with pancreatitis
The best dog foods for Dachshunds with a sensitive stomach
- Hill’s Science Diet Sensitive Stomach & Skin Chicken Formula. It is highly digestible and has prebiotic fiber for smooth digestion to lower stomach problems. Chicken is the number one ingredient for top-notch proteins to support muscle power
- Purina Pro Plan Puppy Sensitive Skin & Stomach Dry Food. it contains live probiotics and natural prebiotics to boost digestive health for a happy stomach
The best dog foods for Dachshunds with allergies
- Canidae Pure Limited Ingredient Diet Salmon & Sweet Potato Formula. It is crafted with 8 real ingredients to lower the risks of allergic reactions. In addition, it is free from common allergens like wheat, corn, and soy. It also contains no grains.
- Wellness Simple Limited Ingredient Formula. It is crafted with Duck and Oatmeal for premium proteins and fiber. It contains five main ingredients to reduce the chances of an allergic reaction.
What are the best dogs with different ingredients for Dachshunds?
The best dog foods with pumpkin for Dachshunds
- Wild Earth Clean Protein Formula. The primary ingredients are Dried Yeast, Chickpeas, Oats, Peas, and Pea Protein. Pumpkin is on the ingredient list. All these ingredients are proper as they contribute to your dog’s overall well-being.
- Earthborn Holistic Venture Limited Ingredient Dry Dog Food. It is crafted with butternut Squash and Pumpkin for high-quality fiber to boost digestive health. Other main ingredients are Wild Boar, Pork Meal, and Tapioca which are proper ingredients.
The best chicken-free dog food for Dachshunds
- Earthborn Holistic Venture Limited Ingredient Diet Rabbit Meal & Pumpkin Dry Food. The main ingredients are Rabbit Meal, Pumpkin, Tapioca, Alaska Pollock Meal, and Sunflower Oil. it is free from chicken thus suitable for dogs who cannot tolerate chicken
- Diamond Natural Skin& Coat Formula. The first five ingredients are Salmon, Fish Meal, Potatoes, Lentils, and Peas. These are perfect ingredients as they provide proteins and fiber for muscle and digestive health. It has L-carnitine for heart health.
What Can Different Dog Breeds Eat Dachshunds Food?
Best Dachshunds Dog Foods for Beagles
These two dog breeds are highly active. However, beagles are more shedders than Dachshunds. Here are two foods common to both breeds:
- American Journey Active Life Puppy Formula. It is suitable for Beagle and Dachshund puppies as it provides sufficient energy for their high activity levels.
- Zignature Turkey Limited Ingredient Diet Dry Dog Food. The 394 Kcal/cup caloric content suits highly-active dogs and provides proteins for strong muscles. Glucosamine support joint health
Best Dachshunds Dog Foods for Chiweenies
Both breeds are small-sized, but Dachshunds have a high impulse to chase while impulsive chasing is low in Chiweenies. Below are the best foods common to both breeds:
- Nutro Natural Choice Adult & Senior Dry Food. It is crafted for small, extra small, and toy breeds. It has antioxidants and natural fiber for proper immunity and digestion. The crunchy texture supports dental health.
- Castor & Pollux Small Breed Organix Organic Formula. It uses organic ingredients for healthy growth and development in small dogs