11 Best Dog Foods for Corgis
Corgis are small to medium-breed dogs with a ton of energy. From Pembroke to Cardigan, these adorable dogs have unique personalities and need a unique diet that matches their nutritional needs.
The best dog foods for Corgis meet the energy, nutritional, and health requirements of Corgis. Proteins play a vital role in strengthening your Corgi’s muscles. Choosing a diet with high proteins is important. The protein should be from real and identifiable meat sources. Corgis are energetic dogs; hence their best food should have sufficient calories and moderate to high-fat value.
Fiber is also key as it supports digestion and ensures your Corgi maintains a healthy weight. Corgis have short legs and long bodies; hence their backs need more support than other dog breeds. This calls for foods with calcium, phosphorus, chondroitin, or glucosamine for strong bones and joints.
Corgis are also susceptible to skin issues, hence need food with omega fatty acids. Antioxidants and probiotics also come in handy for immunity and gut wellness. Choosing the best diet for Corgis is tedious. But we have made it easier by selecting the best 12 foods to ensure you and your Corgi stay happy. Selecting the right food reduces allergies, obesity, and digestive problems.
What are the best five brands for the best food for Corgis?
Here’s a list of the best brands for your Corgi’s food:
- Blue Buffalo
- Rachel Ray
- American Journey
The average price for dry and wet formulas is $23.60, ranging from $9.27 to $22.12 for bags weighing 4-6 lbs. The prices for wet food are $44.76 and $63.38 for 3.5-oz and 12.5-oz cans, respectively. Your Corgi’s life stage dictates the type of food to serve. Puppies need more calories than senior dogs. From our research, the best top five foods for Corgis are:
- The Best Overall: CANIDAE Grain-Free PURE Puppy Limited Ingredient Chicken, Lentil, & Whole Egg Recipe Dry Food – $19.99 for a 4-lb pack.
- The Best Price-Effective: Rachael Ray Nutrish Natural Dry Food – $9.27 for a 6-lb bag.
- The Best for Senior Corgis: Diamond Naturals Senior Formula Dry Food – $14.99 for a 6-lbs pack.
- The Best for Puppy Corgis: Royal Canin Small Puppy Dry Food – $17.99 for a 2.5-lbs pack.
- The Best Wet Food: Blue Buffalo Limited-Ingredient Basics Grain-Free Canned Dog Food – $63.38 for a 12.5-oz can case of 12.
Note: The prices in this article are as of 12th April 2022.
View Table of Contents
- 1. CANIDAE Grain-Free PURE Puppy Limited Ingredient Chicken, Lentil, & Whole Egg Recipe Dry Food
- 2. Nutro UltraTrio Protein Grain-Free Chicken, Lamb, & Salmon Pate Senior Wet Dog Food
- 3. Blue Buffalo Limited-Ingredient Basics Grain-Free Canned Dog Food
- 4. Rachael Ray Nutrish Natural Dry Food
- 5. American Journey Active Life Formula Dry Food
- 6. Wellness Core Original Turkey & Chicken Dry Food
- 7. Fromm Gold Holistic Adult Dry Food
- 8. Merrick LID w/ Healthy Grains Real Salmon & Brown Rice Recipe
- 9. Royal Canin Small Puppy Dry Food
- 10. Eukanuba Puppy Medium Breed Chicken Formula Dry Food
- 11. Diamond Naturals Senior Formula Dry Food
- What facts should you know about the best dog foods for Corgis?
This meal has been on the market since April 30th, 2014, targeting all dog
Give your Corgi a nutritious and well-balanced meal with Canidae Grain-Free Formula from Canidae Corporation.breeds. The main ingredients include Chicken, Chicken Meal, Lentils, Peas, and Garbanzo Beans.
- The 30% protein value from real chicken promotes your puppy’s growth and development of strong muscles.
- Corgi puppies are highly energetic, and the calorie value of 521 Kcal/cup and fat value of 12% supply sufficient energy for an active life.
- Canidae Grain-Free Formula is made with only 9 real ingredients and has no fillers to lower the risks of allergies.
- It is fortified with Canidae’s HealthPLUS combination of antioxidants, probiotics, and omegas for protection against free radicals, gut wellness, and healthy skin.
- Your puppy’s brain is still developing, and this recipe comes in handy with DHA for cognitive wellness and improved trainability.
- Consuming this recipe boosts your Corgi’s cartilage health with chondroitin and glucosamine.
- Vitamin C promotes immunity, while taurine boosts cardiac wellness.
Canidae Grain-Free Formula is suitable for your dog with sensitive digestion or grain allergies. The feeding guidelines depend on your Corgi’s weight. For example, Corgis weighing 5-10 lbs need ⅝ to 1 ¼ cups. A 4-lb pack costs $19.99.
Give your Corgi a muscular look with Nutro Ultra Grain-Free Trio Protein Formula by the Nutro Company.
The initial production date is March 28th, 2011, and it targets all dog breeds. The key ingredients include Chicken, Chicken Liver, Chicken Broth, Spinach, and Tomatoes.
- Real delicious chicken is the number one ingredient for high-quality proteins (8%) to support your Corgi’s muscles.
- The fat value of 5% and caloric content of 98 Kcal/can ensure your active Corgi stays energetic throughout the day.
- The 78% moisture value ensures your Corgi stays hydrated throughout the day, removes toxins from the body, and promotes digestion.
- It has strawberries, yams, apples, and chia seeds for antioxidants and high-quality fiber to protect dogs from oxidative damage and boost bowel and gut wellness.
- You can serve it as a standalone meal or add it to other dog foods.
- Carrots are excellent sources of vitamin A for skin and vision health.
Nutro Ultra Grain-Free Trio Protein Formula is suitable for your dog with allergies or tummy sensitivities. Adult Corgis need approximately 3 ½ trays daily for every 10 lbs of body weight. A 5-10 day transition period gives your dog’s digestive system time to adapt to Nutro. You will pay $44.76 for a 3.5-oz tray, case of 24.
Awaken the wolf in your Corgi with Blue Buffalo Limited-Ingredient Formula from Blue Buffalo Company Ltd.
the date when it was first made available is December 2nd, 2011, and it targets all dog breeds. The main ingredients include Turkey, Turkey Broth, Potatoes, Flaxseed, and Pea Protein.
- Both fat and protein values are 7% for muscle wellness and sufficient energy.
- The high water content of 78% hydrates and detoxifies your Corgi.
- It features a single protein source and has no beef or chicken to lower the risks of allergies and sensitivities.
- Blue Buffalo Basics Formula includes wholesome carbohydrates to boost your dog’s energy levels.
- Vitamin C and E work together to protect dogs from infections and cellular damage.
- Consuming this meal boosts your Corgi’s skin with fatty acids.
- It has chelated minerals for maximum absorption of essential nutrients.
- It features the finest natural ingredients enhanced with other important vitamins and minerals for your Corgi’s overall wellbeing.
Blue Buffalo Limited-Ingredient Formula is ideal for dogs with sensitivities and grain allergies. For every 10 lbs of body weight, feed ½ to ¾ cans. Introduce Blue Buffalo gradually over 14 days. Start with 25% of Blue and increase the amounts slowly. A 12.5-oz can, case of 12 costs $63.38.
Refresh your Corgi with Rachel Ray Nutrish Formula from the J.M Smucker Co.
this recipe was first made available on September 20th, 2013, targeting all dog breeds. The major ingredients include Chicken, Chicken Meal, Soybean Meal, Grain Sorghum, and Dried Peas.
- The high-quality protein (25%) from real chicken is perfect for your Corgi, as it supports muscle power. Calcium and phosphorus also support your dog’s bones and muscles.
- The fat value of 14% and the 340 Kcal/cup calorie content ensure your active Corgi is energetic throughout the day.
- Vitamin C and E boost immunity to reduce infections and inflammation.
- Alpha-linoleic acids and linoleic acids support your dog’s skin wellness, while taurine promotes heart health.
- This recipe supports healthy digestion while improving energy levels with delicious peas and fiber-rich brown rice.
- It has no wheat, gluten, poultry by-product meals, or fillers.
- It is also free from artificial preservatives or flavors.
Rachel Ray Nutrish Formula is ideal for your sensitive dog. Corgis weighing 3-12 lbs need a daily intake of ½ to 1 ¼ cups, and those weighing 12-25 lbs need 1 ¼ to 2 cups. Pregnant and lactating dogs need 1.5 to 3 times these amounts. A 6-lb bag costs $9.27
Help your Corgi enjoy his life journey with American Journey Active Formula from Chewy.
This recipe fuels the adventurous spirit within your dog while providing balanced nutrition. The major ingredients include Deboned Salmon, Menhaden Fish Meal, Brown Rice, Peas, and Rice Bran.
- The 25% protein value, 15% fat value, and 345 Kcal/cup calorie content boost muscle wellness and stamina.
- It is suitable for your Corgi as it has calcium and phosphorus together with omega 6 and 3 fatty acids to support your dog’s back and lower the risks of skin problems.
- The American Journey Active Formula provides a precise combination of nutrients and antioxidants for immunity and overall well-being.
- It is crafted with fiber-dense sources including sweet potatoes for digestive wellness.
- It has no corn, wheat, soy, poultry by-product meal, or artificial preservatives.
American Journey Active Formula is best for dogs with sensitive tummies and those who can tolerate grains. Corgis weighing 3 lbs need 1 ¾ cups per day and those weighing 30 lbs need 2 ⅓ cups. Puppies may need 2-3 times the adult amounts, while pregnant and lactating dogs do well with free-feeding. A 4-lb pack costs $11.99.
Give your Corgi the best life with Wellness Core Original Formula from Wellness.
The first production date is October 2nd, 2001, targeting all dog breeds. The key ingredients are Deboned Turkey, Turkey Meal, Chicken Meal, Peas, and Dried Ground Potatoes.
- This recipe is perfect for your Corgi’s muscle health, with a 34% protein value.
- The 16% fat value and a calorie value of 417 Kcal/cup keep your Corgi energetic throughout the day.
- Corgis need support for their backs, and this meal comes in handy with calcium, phosphorus, chondroitin, and glucosamine that work together to ensure strong bones and joints.
- Beta-carotene and vitamin E support vision and immune wellness, while omega 6 and 3 fatty acids promote coat and skin health.
- Probiotics and taurine also help with bowel, gut, and heart health.
- This diet is free from artificial preservatives, colors, flavors, corn, wheat, or soy to suit your sensitive Corgi.
Wellness Core Original Formula is best for dogs with grain allergies and sensitive tummies. The daily consumption depends on your dog’s poundage, with Corgis weighing 20-35 pounds needing 1 ¼ to 1 ¾ cups. A 4-lb bag costs $19.98.
Give your Corgi a golden life with Fromm Gold Holistic Formula by Deepwater Aquatics Distribution.
The major ingredients are Duck, Chicken Meal, Chicken, Brown Rice, and Pearled Barley.
- The 25% protein value is important for lean muscle mass, while the fat value of 16% and calorie content of 418 Kcal/cup provide sufficient energy for your active Corgi.
- This meal has a high nutrient digestibility for overall wellness.
- It is crafted with wholesome ingredients to provide your Corgi with complete and balanced nutrition.
- It contains probiotics for gut and bowel wellness.
- Real fruits and vegetables are excellent sources of antioxidants and fiber for immune wellness and smooth digestion.
- Carrots provide vitamin A for vision and skin health, while yucca schidigera lowers stool odor.
Fromm Gold Holistic Formula is best for dogs that can tolerate grains. Your Corgi’s weight determines the daily amounts. For example, Corgis weighing 30–50 lbs need 1 ¾ to 2 ½ cups, and those weighing 50-70 lbs need 2 ½ to 3 ¼ cups. You may need to adjust these portions according to your dog’s age and activity levels. Puppies, pregnant, and lactating dogs need more portions. A 5-lb bag costs $14.98.
Reward your dog with Merrick LID w/ Healthy Grains Formula by Merrick Pet Care.
The initial production date is November 13TH, 2019, targeting all dog breeds. The primary ingredients include Deboned Salmon, Salmon Meal, Brown Rice, Oatmeal, and Barley.
- The 24% protein, 14% fat, and 384 Kcal/cup calorie values promote muscle power and keep your Corgi active throughout the day.
- Consuming this recipe boosts digestive wellness and gives your dog a healthy weight with fiber from high-quality sources.
- This meal is a limited ingredient diet for your Corgi with allergies or sensitivities. In addition, it has no peas, chickpeas, lentils, corn, soy, wheat, or dairy.
- Flaxseed is a great source of omega 6 and 3 fatty acids for lower frequencies of skin problems.
Merrick LID w/ Healthy Grains Formula is best for dogs with food sensitivities or allergies, with high digestibility and fewer ingredients. The daily consumption is based on your dog’s weight. For example, Corgis weighing 10 lbs need 1 cup, and those weighing 20 lbs need 1 ½ cups. If using mixed feeding, reduce the dry food by 1⁄2 cup for every 6-oz of wet food. A 4-lb bag costs $21.98.
Make your dog beg for more with Royal Canin Puppy Formula from Royal Canin.
The first production date is February 2nd, 2012, and it targets small, extra small, and toy breeds. The key ingredients include Brewers Rice, Chicken By-Product Meal, Chicken Fat, Wheat Gluten, and Corn Gluten Meal.
- The high-value protein (29%) gives your Corgi strong and healthy muscles. This meal has 354 calories per cup and an 18% fat value for your dog’s active life.
- Consuming this meal lowers the risk of cardiac problems with L-carnitine and taurine. It also protects your dog from frequent infections and free radicals with vitamin E.
- It is customized for small puppies aged 10 months and expected to weigh between 9 and 22 pounds at the adult stage.
- It comes in a small kibble for your Corgi’s mouth. The size also appeals to your small, picky eater.
- The exclusive blend of vitamins and antioxidants provides immunity, while prebiotics increase digestibility.
Royal Canin Puppy Formula suits puppies that can tolerate grains, as it is grain-inclusive. Corgis weighing 11 lbs need ⅞ to 1 ¼ cups. A 7-day transition period prepares your dog’s digestive system for the new food. Start with 25% of Royal Canin and increase the amounts gradually. A 2.5 -lb bag costs $17.99.
Unleash your Corgi’s extraordinary potential with Eukanuba Puppy Medium Breed Formula from Royal Canin.
The initial production date is September 21st, 2015, and it targets medium breeds. This recipe features Chicken, Chicken By-Product Meal, Corn Meal, Ground Whole Sorghum, and Brewers Rice.
- The fat value of 29% from real chicken promotes the growth and development of lean muscles. Calcium and phosphorus also help with muscle and bone power. This formula has 431 calories in each cup and 18% fat to boost your Corgi’s stamina.
- This formula supports a healthy puppy brain with DHA for improved focus and trainability.
- Natural fiber and prebiotics combine for smooth digestion.
- Wholesome carbs also provide energy for your active Corgi.
- Guaranteed antioxidants and vitamin E levels also boost your little pup’s immune system.
- You can mix this puppy formula with Eukanuba wet puppy food, and puppy Healthy Extras Treats for a lifetime of bliss.
Eukanuba Puppy Medium Breed Formula is best for active dogs that can tolerate grains. Puppies weighing 5 lbs need 1 ½ cups from 6 weeks to 4 months, ⅞ cups from 5 to 7 months, and ½ cups from 8 to 12 months. A 4.5-lb bag costs $16.19.
Help your senior Corgi enjoy his golden years with Diamond Naturals Senior Formula from Diamond Pet Foods, Inc.
the first production date is August 19th, 2004, and it targets all dog breeds. It features Chicken, Chicken Meal, Whole Grain Brown Rice, Cracked Pearled Barley, and Ground White Rice.
- Real, cage-free chicken is the number one ingredient for high-quality proteins (25%) to maintain your Corgi’s muscle power.
- Senior Corgis are susceptible to joint problems and Diamond Naturals Formula has glucosamine, chondroitin, calcium, and phosphorus to enhance cartilage wellness.
- The fat value of 11% and calorie content of 347 Kcal/cup are perfect for senior dogs as they require less energy.
- Antioxidants from blueberries and other real fruits work with vitamin E to support the immune system.
- It is also packed with omega 6 and 3 fatty acids for coat and skin health and has prebiotics and probiotics for digestive wellness.
- It has no wheat, corn, or soy for your sensitive Corgi.
Diamond Naturals Senior Formula is best for dogs with sensitive tummies. The daily amounts vary depending on your dog’s weight. For example, dogs weighing 10 lbs need 1 cup, and those weighing 20 lbs need 1 ⅔ cup. A 6-lb bag costs $14.99.
What facts should you know about the best dog foods for Corgis?
Below are the facts about the best dog food for Corgis:
- Corgis are prone to skin problems, and their best food should have omega fatty acids. Omegas moisturize the skin to lower the risks of itchiness and shedding. Flaxseed, salmon oil, and chicken fat are healthy sources of omega fatty acids. Vitamin A also supports skin health, and fruits, and vegetables like carrots are excellent sources of vitamin A. In addition, water softens the skin, and wet foods have lots of moisture. For dry foods, ensure your dog can easily access water.
- Corgis are active dogs with lots of energy. They need foods with moderate to high-fat value and higher caloric content to support their stamina. However, senior Corgis are less energetic and need fewer calories and fat. Healthy sources of fat include chicken fat and flaxseed. Fats also moisturize your Corgi’s skin.
- To sustain their energy levels, Corgis need strong muscles. High-quality protein sources, including chicken, salmon, beef, and turkey, have amino acids, building blocks of lean muscles.
- Corgis have short legs and long bodies, so their backs need support. Go for dog foods with joint-friendly supplements, including glucosamine, chondroitin, calcium, and phosphorus.
What are the best dog foods for Corgis with different health conditions?
Best Dog Food for Corgis with Sensitive Stomachs
- Hill’s Science Diet Dry Food: This diet is perfect for Corgis with sensitive tummies, as it is highly digestible for maximum nutrient absorption and easy stool pick-up. It also contains prebiotic fiber for a balanced gut microbiome in your Corgi.
Best Dog Food For Corgis with Skin Allergies
- Taste of the Wild Grain-Free Sierra Mountain Dry Food: Nourish your Corgi with this tasty recipe. It is packed with omega 6 and 3 fatty acids to reduce the risks of skin problems. In addition, it has antioxidants to protect the skin from inflammation.
What are the best dogs with different ingredients for Corgis?
Best Dog Food with Pumpkin for Corgis
- Natural Balance Grain-Free Delectable Delights Wet: This recipe combines wholesome ingredients, including vegetables and proteins, for your Corgi’s overall wellness. Pumpkin is an excellent source of fiber for digestive health.
Best Dog Food chicken-free Food for Corgis
- Country Vet Naturals Beef $ Bacon Butcher Shop Blend Dry Dog Food: This recipe is perfect for Corgis with chicken intolerance. Beef Meal and Brown Rice are the first two ingredients.
What Different Dog Breeds Can Eat Corgis Food?
Best Dog Food for French Bulldogs
- Purina Pro Plan Shredded Blend Adult Weight Management Dry Food: It features real chicken as the number one ingredient for muscle health. The natural prebiotic fiber supports the growth of healthy bacteria, while probiotics boost digestion.
Best Dog Food for Dachshunds
- Acana Grain-Free Dog Food: This diet is crafted with fresh raw ingredients to appeal to your Dachshund’s taste buds. The high-quality proteins support muscle wellness.
Best Dog Food for Yorkies
- Royal Canin Health Nutrition Breed Yorkshire Terrier Dry Food: This recipe is formulated specifically for Yorkies. It has biotin and fatty acids for coat and skin health and high-value proteins for strong muscles.
What are the Best Dog Foods for Corgis according to Size?
Best Dog Food for Small-sized Corgis
- Cesar Small Breed Filet Mignon & Spring Vegetables Dry Food: This diet puts taste and nutrition in one bag. It is crafted with real beef as the number one ingredient for muscle wellness and is highly palatable to delight your small Corgi.
Best Dog Food For Medium-sized Corgi
- Victor Select Grain-Free Yukon River Dry Food: This recipe features a menhaden fish meal as the number one ingredient to fuel your Corgi’s muscles. Linoleic and linolenic acids promote skin wellness.
Best Dog Food for Large Corgis
- Holistic Select Lamb Meal & Oatmeal Large & Giant Breed Puppy Dry Food: It is perfect for your large Corgi as it contains glucosamine, prebiotics, antioxidants, and taurine for joint, digestive, immune, and heart wellness. The high-quality protein of 25% supports muscle power.