25 Best Dog Foods for Chihuahuas
The best dog foods for Chihuahuas meet their nutritional and energy requirements. Chihuahuas are small yet have highly energetic personalities and need more calories than larger dogs. Therefore, the Best dog food for Chihuahuas should have high-calorie content.
Proteins are also essential for all life stages. Chihuahua puppies need proteins for growth and development, while adults require proteins for lean muscles. Fats also play a critical role in Chihuahua’s body, boosting the metabolism process. The fat value in Chihiahiau’s food should be above average. To lower the risk of obesity, the best food for Chihuahuas should have a low carb content.
Senior Chihuahuas are prone to dental and joint problems, so they should have calcium, phosphorus, glucosamine, and chondroitin. Choosing the right format lowers the risk of obesity, allergic reactions, and digestive problems. It also boosts your dog’s health and mood.
The top five brands for the best dog food for Chihuahuas are Blue Buffalo, Wellness, Nulo, Orijen, and Hill’s Science. The average price is $46, ranging from $10 to $94. Here are the best dog foods for Chihuahuas:
- The best overall dog food: Blue Buffalo Small Breed Dry Dog Food– $37.98 for a 12 pounds bag
- The best price-effective dog food: Wellness Complete Health Small Breed Dry Dog Food– $35.98 for a 15 pounds bag
- Best dog food for weight management: Instinct Raw Boost with Real Chicken Dry Dog Food– $24.99 for a 4 pounds bag
- Best breed-specific dog food: Royal Canin Adult Chihuahua Dry Dog Food– $9.49 for 3-oz, case of 4
- Best grain-free dog food: Blue Buffalo Wilderness Rocky Mountain Recipe Dry Dog Food– $62.98 for a 22 pounds bag
Note: The prices quoted in this article are as of 4th February 2022
View Table of Contents
- 1. Blue Buffalo Small Breed Dry Dog Food
- 2. Wellness Complete Health Small Breed Dry Dog Food
- 3. Blue Buffalo Wilderness Rocky Mountain Recipe Dry Dog Food
- 4. Nulo Small Breed Dry Dog Food
- 5. Orijen Puppy Dry Dog Food
- 6. Hill’s Science Dry Dog Food
- 7. Instinct Raw Boost Toy Breed with Real Chicken Dry Dog Food
- 8. Canidae Pure Small Breed Recipe Dry Dog Food
- 9. Royal Canin Adult Chihuahua Wet Dog Food
- 10. Blue Buffalo Life Protection Small Breed Senior
- 11. The Farmer’s Dog Turkey Recipe Fresh Dog Food
- 12. Nature’s Recipe Grain-Free Salmon, Sweet Potato, and Pumpkin Dry Dog Food
- 13. ACANA Puppy Recipe Grain-Free Dry Puppy Food
- 14. Nature’s Logic Canine Beef Feast All Life Stages Grain-Free Canned Dog Food
- 15. Nutro Ultra Toy Breed Adult Dry Dog Food
- 16. Instinct Original Small Breed Grain-Free Real Beef Recipe Wet Canned Dog Food
- 17. Halo Holistic Chicken Recipe Senior Canned Dog Food
- 18. Fromm Gold Small Breed Dry Dog Food
- 19. Taste of the Wild Dry Dog Food With Roasted Venison for Small Breeds
- 20. Royal Canin Chihuahua Puppy Breed Specific Dry Dog Food
- 21. American Journey Salmon & Sweet Potato Recipe Dry Dog Food
- 22. Merrick Lil’ Plates Grain-Free Real Beef & Sweet Potato Dry Dog Food
- 23. Natural Balance L.I.D. Chicken & Sweet Potato Formula Small Breed Dry Dog Food
- 24. NOW Grain-Free Small Breed Puppy Recipe Dry Dog Food
- 25. Eukanuba Small Breed Adult Dog Food
- What facts should you know about the best dog foods for Chihuahua?
This meal by Blue Buffalo is designed for small breeds, including Chihuahuas.
The first production date is October 25th, 2004, and it targets extra small, toy, and small breeds. The primary ingredients are Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Oatmeal, and Barley, with a 396 Kcal/cup calorie value to fuel your Chihuahua’s energy levels.
The protein value is 26%, while the fat value is 15%. Fiber and moisture values are 4% and 10%, respectively. The high protein value aids muscle growth and development while omega fatty acids support coat and skin health. This meal is crafted with calcium, phosphorus, and glucosamine for strong bones and joints.
It also contains chelated minerals and antioxidants for maximum absorption of essential nutrients and proper immunity: Yucca schidigera and L-carnitine support digestive and heart health. Dogs weighing up to 5 lbs need ¼ to ½ cups, while those weighing 6-10 lbs need ½ to 1 cup. Dogs with weights ranging from 11-30 lbs need 1 to 2 cups daily.
This meal is suitable for dogs with digestive problems as it is free from wheat, corn, or soy. Be careful with dogs allergic to grains, as this diet is grain-inclusive. It is better for Chihuahuas as it meets their calorie requirements
This tasty meal is a product of Wellness Pet Food Company.
The first production date is September 30th, 2004, for small dog breeds. The first five ingredients are Deboned Turkey, Chicken Meal, Salmon Meal, Oatmeal, and Ground Brown Rice. this meal is better for Chihuahuas as it has a high caloric content of 408 Kcal/cup, which is perfect for their fast metabolism
The protein value of 28% supports lean muscles, while the fat value of 15% boosts flavor and aids in energy production. The fiber and moisture values are 4% and 11%. Consuming this meal lubricates the joints and protects against inflammation of cartilages with glucosamine and chondroitin. It also supports heart and vision health with taurine and beta-carotene.
Omega fatty acids are essential for smooth skin and a shiny coat, while calcium and phosphorus give dogs strong bones and muscles. The daily intake depends on your dog’s poundage, with ds weighing 2-4 pounds needing ¼ to ½ cups while those weighing 5-8 pounds need ½ to ¾ cups. Dogs with weights ranging from 9-25 pounds require ¾ to 1 ¾ cups. Dogs with stomach sensitivities are well-suited for this meal as it has no wheat, soy, or corn.
This formula targeting all dog breeds is a product of Blue Buffalo with a production date of May 5th, 2013.
The major ingredients are Deboned Beef, Fish Meal, Peas, Pea Starch, and Tapioca Starch. The caloric value of 393 Kcal/cup suits Chihuahuas and boosts their energy levels. The protein value is 30%, while the fat content is 15%.
The fiber and moisture values are 6% and10%, respectively. Flaxseed and canola oil have omega fatty acids to boost your pooch’s skin and coat appearance. Serving this meal ensures healthy and strong bones, muscles, and joints with calcium, phosphorus, and glucosamine. In addition, this meal has taurine and L-carnitine for cardiovascular health.
Furthermore, your dog’s digestive system and eyes will flourish with fiber, yucca schidigera, probiotics, and beta-carotene. Vitamin C and antioxidants work together to protect your dog from infections. The high-quality protein promotes muscle power to keep your dog strong and physically fit.
The feeding guidelines depend on your Chihuahua’s weight, with those weighing up to 15 lbs needing 1/2 to 1 ¼ cups daily while those with weights ranging from 16-100 lbs need 1 ¼ to 5 cups. For dogs over 100 lbs, add ½ cups for every additional 20 lbs. It is suitable for sensitive digestion.
Your small dog will be addicted to this savory meal from Nulo Pet Food.
Besides being tasty, this delicacy has immense health and nutritional benefits for your fur baby. The first manufacturing date is June 19th, 2016, with no history of recalls. The main ingredients are Deboned Salmon, Turkey Meal, Menhaden Fish Meal, Lamb Meal, and Red Lentils.
The caloric value of 422 calories per cup is suitable for your energetic dog, while the protein value of 31% supports muscle health to maintain activity levels. The fat, fiber, and moisture values are 17%,4%, and 10%. This recipe gives your dog a strong heart and bright coat with L-carnitine and omega fatty acids.
Boost your dog’s bone and muscle power with this food, as it has calcium and phosphorus. These minerals also support dental health as it makes teeth strong. This meal is better for Chihuahuas as it is low in carbs and has more calories. The kibble is also extra small hence perfect for Chihuahuas.
Dogs weighing up to 5 lbs need ¼ to ½ cups daily while those weighing 6-10 lbs need ½ to ¾ cups. Dogs with weights ranging from 16-30 lbs require ¾ to 1 ¾ cups. This meal is suitable for diabetic dogs as it is low glycemic
Serve your dog this nutritious meal from Champions Pet Foods and see positive results on your dog in a short time.
The production date is March 15th, 2019, and it is gaining popularity daily. The primary ingredients are Chicken, Turkey, Turkey Giblets, Flounder, and Whole Mackerel, which contribute to the high protein content of 38% for muscle power. The fat and fiber values are 20% and 6%, while the moisture value is 12% and the caloric content is 475 Kcal/cup.
This recipe supports brain and vision health with DHA. It also promotes bone, teeth, and joint health with calcium, Phosphorus, and glucosamine. Moreover, it gives your dog admirable skin and coat with omega fatty acids. The main ingredients are raw meat sources to appeal to your dog’s taste buds.
In addition, most ingredients are freeze-dried to boost flavor and attract even your picky Chihuahua. Chihuahuas thrive on this meal as it is packed with sufficient calories and proteins. The daily consumption varies depending on your puppy’s poundage and size.
Toy small, medium, and large breeds weighing 4 ½ lbs need ⅔ cups while toy and small breeds weighing 11 lbs need ⅔ cups, small-medium breeds need 1 cup, toy and medium breeds need 1 ¼ cups.
Tantalize your dog’s taste buds with this richly flavored formula from Hill’s Science.
It not only appeals to your dog’s instincts but is also packed with essential nutrients for healthy growth. The production date is September 30th, 2004, and it targets small, extra small, and toy breeds. The first five ingredients are Chicken Meal, Brewers Rice, Whole Grain Wheat, Soybean Meal, and Whole Grain Sorghum.
The protein value is 20%, while the fat and fiber values are 12% and 4%. It gives your dog healthy skin and thick bones with omega fatty acids and calcium. Vitamin C, E, and antioxidants work together to promote the immune system. It also boosts heart health with taurine and L-carnitine.
High-quality proteins give your dog a muscular and attractive look, while dietary fiber supports the digestive system. This meal is better for Chihuahuas as it has 371 calories per cup to boost stamina. Dogs weighing 2 lbs need ¼ cups daily, while those weighing 5 lbs need ⅝ cups. Dogs with weights ranging from 8-30 lbs need ¾ to 2 ¼ cups.
You can adjust these portions based on your dog’s activity levels. This recipe is suitable for dogs who can tolerate grain.
Massage your dog’s wild instincts with this savory meal from Nature’s Variety.
It is crafted from raw ingredients to suit your dog’s ancestral desires. The major ingredients are Chicken, Chicken Meal, Chickpeas, Tapioca, and Chicken Fat. The protein content is 35%, while the fat, fiber, and moisture values are 20%, 4%, and 9%, respectively. The 469 Kcal/cup caloric content is suitable for your energetic Chihuahua.
High-quality protein, calcium, and phosphorus work together for strong bones and muscles, while vitamin C, E, and antioxidants blend well for a strong immune system. Omega fatty acids give your dog smooth skin and a bright coat. This diet is further fortified with glucosamine, chondroitin, calcium, and phosphorus for bone, tooth, and joint health.
Freeze-drying adds to the flavor to make your dog wag their tail with excitement. However, you should control their portions as overeating can lead to obesity. The daily intake for dogs weighing 1-3 lbs is ⅛ to ¼ cups. Dogs weighing 4-6 lbs need ¼-½ and ¼-⅜ for weight maintenance and weight loss respectively.
This meal has no gluten, grain, corn, wheat, or soy hence a perfect choice for dogs with grain allergies and stomach sensitivities.
This diet from Canidae Pet Food Corporation is an excellent choice for your petite dog with proteins and calories for a strong body.
The first production date is September 19th, 20116, and pet parents cannot get enough of it. It is crafted for the extra small, toy, and small breeds. It has 525 calories per cup to keep your dog active throughout the day.
The protein value of 24% and fat value of 12.5% are essential for thick muscles and high energy levels. The fiber and moisture values are 4% and 10%, respectively. The primary ingredients are Salmon, Salmon Meal, Peas, Lentils, and Tapioca. Consuming this tangy meal gives your dog skin of royalty and a bright coat with vitamin A and omega fatty acids.
Vitamin E boosts immunity, while fiber provides an ideal digestive environment for maximum absorption of essential nutrients. This formula is further freeze-dried with real salmon to make your dog’s tongue dance with ecstasy. The kibble size is perfect for your dog’s small muzzle.
The feeding instructions vary depending on your dog’s poundage, with dogs weighing 2 pounds needing ⅛ cups while those weighing 5 pounds need ¼ cups. It suits dogs with allergies.
This meal is crafted with the needs of your Chihuahua in mind.
Mars Pet Food Company carefully selects the ingredients to match Chihuahuas’ nutritional and health needs. The production date is May 11th,2016, and it targets small, extra small, and toy breeds. The key ingredients are Water Sufficient for Processing, Chicken-By-Products, Pork-By-Products, Chicken, and Pork Liver.
The caloric content is 78 Kcal/can, while the protein content is 7%. The fat, fiber, and moisture values are 4.1%, 2%, and 81%, respectively. This canned formula keeps your dog dehydrated throughout the day and helps remove toxins from the body with high moisture content. It also supports cardiovascular health with taurine. The high-quality proteins help tone your dog’s muscles for a stoic appearance.
It has omega fatty acids and fiber to support skin, coat, and digestive well-being. Consuming this delicacy promotes vision and brain health with DHA. In addition, it is highly palatable to attract poor eaters.
The amounts to serve depends on your dog’s weight and activity levels, with dogs weighing 4.4 lbs needing 2 cups for low activity, 2 ¼ cups for medium activity, and 2 ½ cups for highly active dogs.
This recipe from Blue Buffalo is an excellent choice for small breed senior dogs.
The production date is June 3rd, 2010. The first five ingredients are Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Barley, and Oatmeal. Senior dogs are less active, and the caloric value of 370 calories per cup is suitable. The protein, fat, fiber, and moisture contents are 23%, 13%, 6%, and 10%.
Senior dogs are prone to joint and bone problems; hence they need calcium, phosphorus, glucosamine, and chondroitin, abundant in this formula. This meal also lowers the risks of cardiovascular issues with taurine and L-carnitine. It is also fortified with DHA for proper eyesight and brain health.
Omega fatty acids, vitamin E, and antioxidants boost skin and immune health, while beta-carotene is perfect for improved vision. It is an excellent source of proteins for powerful muscles and has chelated minerals for the proper absorption of nutrients. The crunchiness boosts dental health. Dogs up to 5 lbs need ¼ to ½ cups per day, while those weighing 6-10 lbs need ½ to 1 cup. This meal is best for dogs with sensitive tummies as it has no wheat, corn, or soy. Avoid this meal in dogs with grain allergies.
This high-protein meal from the Farmer’s Dog is perfect for your Chihuahua’s muscles.
The main ingredients are Turkey, Chickpeas, Carrots, Broccoli, and Parsnip. It is great for eye health and digestion with beta-carotene and fiber. It is also packed with taurine, chelated minerals, and DHA for heart, brain, and vision health.
This diet from Big Heart Pet Brands suits Chihuahuas as it is crafted from high-quality ingredients, including Salmon, Chicken Meal, Sweet Potatoes, Tapioca Starch, and Canola Meal.
Consuming this recipe lowers the stool odor with yucca schidigera. It also boosts bone health with calcium and phosphorus. Taurine supports the heart.
This diet from Champion Pet Foods is an excellent choice for your petite puppy as it has a caloric value of 408 Kcal/cup.
The main ingredients are Deboned Chicken, Deboned Turkey, Chicken Meal, Whole Green Peas, and Whole Red Lentils. It has glucosamine and DHA for joint, brain, and vision health.
This meal by Nature’s Logic has a caloric value of 549 Kcal/cup for your highly active Chihuahua.
The key ingredients are Beef, Beef Broth, Beef Liver, Sardines, and Porcine Plasma. It is richly flavored to appeal to your dog’s taste buds and has antioxidants that protect from free radicals.
This is a product of Nutro Pet Foods, and the main ingredients are Chicken, Chicken Meal, Whole Grain Sorghum, Whole Grain Oats, and Whole Grain Brown Rice.
It has glucosamine and chondroitin for healthy joints. The caloric value of 433 Kcal/cup suits small, extra small, and toy dog breeds.
This canned dog food from Nature’s Variety is a perfect choice for Chihuahuas as it provides sufficient energy and proteins for high activity levels and toned muscles
The key ingredients are Beef, Beef Broth, Beef Liver, Ground Dry Peas, and Cod with a caloric value of 86 Kcal/3-oz can.
This canned formula from Halo Holistic is an excellent choice for senior Chihuahuas as it contains chondroitin and glucosamine for healthy joints.
The main ingredients are Chicken, Chicken Broth, Chicken Liver, Oat Bran, and Pea Flour. It has DHA and dietary fiber for the brain, eye, and digestive health.
Fromm Family Pet Food manufactures this mouth-watering meal for small dogs.
The key ingredients are Chicken, Chicken Meal, Chicken Broth, Oat Groats, and Pearled Barley. High-quality fiber is important for digestive health and maintaining a healthy weight. It is also crafted with yucca schidigera to reduce stool.
This highly-palatable diet from Taste of the Wild has a caloric value of 422 Kcal/cup for highly active dogs like Chihuahuas.
The main ingredients are Venison, Lamb Meal, Garbanzo Beans, Peas, and Lentils. It is an excellent source of proteins for the growth and development of lean and strong muscles.
This meal is a product of Mars Pet Food Company. It is explicitly formulated for Chihuahua puppies.
The caloric value of 352 Kcal/cup boosts stamina, while the protein value of 28% is essential for muscle power. It has taurine and L-carnitine for a strong heart. The highly digestible fiber reduces stool odor.
The delicacy from Chewy has a caloric content of 390 Kcal/cup to boost the activity levels.
The main ingredients are Deboned Salmon, Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal, Peas, and Sweet Potatoes. It has glucosamine and chondroitin for strong joints. Omega fatty acids and vitamin E promote skin health and boost immunity.
Merrick PetCare produces this meal, and the key ingredients are Deboned Beef, Lamb Meal, Salmon Meal, Sweet Potatoes, and Peas.
The calorie value of 395 Kcal/cup and protein value of 38% for energy production and strong muscles. It has glucosamine, chondroitin, and DHA for healthy joints, eyes, and brain.
Natural balance manufactures this nutritious food for small dogs with allergies as it is a limited ingredient diet.
The primary ingredients are Chicken, Chicken Meal, Sweet Potatoes, Cassava Flour, and Potatoes. It is good for the heart, skin, and coat with taurine and omega fatty acids. Calcium promotes bone health.
This meal from Now Fresh Company is suitable for small, extra small, and toy breeds.
The key ingredients are Deboned Turkey, Whole Dried Egg, Peas, Pea Flour, and Potatoes with a caloric value of 415 Kcal/cup. It has omega fatty acids, L-carnitine, and taurine for skin, coat, and heart health.
Mars Pet Food Company produces this delicacy for tiny dogs.
The main ingredients are Chicken, Chicken By-Product, Corn Meal, Whole Grain Sorghum, and Brewers Rice. It is crafted with glucosamine, chondroitin, and proteins for strong joints and muscles. DHA and vitamin E support brain functions and boost immunity, while fiber and prebiotics promote digestive health.
What facts should you know about the best dog foods for Chihuahua?
Here are the facts that you should know about the best dog foods for Chihuahua:
- The best dog food for Chihuahuas should have meat as the first ingredient for high-quality protein to boost muscle power. The proteins should come from recognized and specific meat sources like chicken and turkey. The meal should have at least two sources of proteins in the first three ingredients
- Chihuahuas are highly active dogs hence need food with high caloric values and above-average fats to boost their stamina
- Carbohydrates should come from wholesome sources like pearled barley for highly digestible carbs
- The best food for Chihuahuas should be free from artificial additives and preservatives
- The best dog food for Chihuahua should have fewer synthetic supplements
- Real fruits and vegetables make the best foods for Chihuahua as they provide antioxidants that protect your dog from free radicals that cause chronic diseases like cancer
What are the Best Dog Foods for Chihuahuas according to Sizes?
Best Dog Foods for small-sized Chihuahua:
- Purina Bella Small Breed Chicken & Smoked Bacon Food Trays. It has 97 calories per tray and a moisture value of 82% for energy, hydration, and detoxification.
- Solid Gold Mighty Mini Chicken & Pumpkin Recipe. It is rich in protein and fiber for strong muscles and proper digestion.
The best dog food for medium-sized Chihuahua:
- Avoderm Weight Support Dry Dog Food. It is crafted with chicken meal and brown rice and has high-quality proteins for muscle power. Omega fatty acids support skin health.
- Nutro Ultra Dry Dog Food. It has glucosamine and chondroitin for strong joints. Phosphorus, calcium, and protein work together for strong muscles and bones.
The best dog foods for large Chihuahua:
- Purina Pro Plan Large Breed Puppy Formula. It has glucosamine to keep your dog’s joints strong and healthy. It has live prebiotics for digestive health and proper immunity.
- Earthborn Holistic Large Breed Formula. Large Chihuahuas are prone to cartilage problems, and this meal has glucosamine and chondroitin for joint health.
What are the best dog foods for Chihuahuas with different health conditions?
The best dog foods for Chihuahuas with itchy skin
- Taste of the Wild Angus Beef Limited Ingredient Dry Food. Real beef is the first ingredient for high-quality proteins to boost muscle power. It has fewer ingredients hence safe for sensitive skin.
- Royal Canine Veterinary Diet Hydrolyzed Protein Dry Food. Vets approve this meal for itchy skin. The proteins in it are broken down to small sizes unrecognizable by the immune system.
The best dog foods for picky eater Chihuahua
- Tylee’s Human-Grade Chicken Recipe. This meal is crafted from human-grade ingredients to boost the taste. Freezing also adds flavor for picky eaters. It uses high-quality proteins for lean muscles.
- Canidae Pure Ancestral Red Meat Freeze-Dried Raw Coated Recipe. It mimics the wild dog food and is freeze-dried raw coated for a burst of irresistible flavors to attract your picky Chihuahua.
The best dog foods for Chihuahua with pancreatitis
- Wellness Core Reduced Fat Grain-free Chicken & Turkey Formula. The low-fat value of 10% is suitable for dogs with pancreatitis. It has glucosamine, chondroitin, calcium, and proteins for strong joints, bones, and muscles.
- Castor & Pollux Organix Chicken & Sweet Potato Formula. It is good for the heart with taurine. The moderate-fat value of 15% ensures the pancreas is not overworking.
The best dog foods for Chihuahuas with sensitive stomachs.
- Diamond Care Sensitive Stomach Formula. It is specifically crafted for dogs with sensitive tummies as it uses a single source of easily digestible protein to lower the risk of allergic reactions.
- Go! Solutions Sensitivities Limited Ingredient Salmon Formula. It is crafted with fewer ingredients to reduce allergic reactions in dogs with tummy problems. It also contains one premium protein source and has no fillers.
The best dog foods for Chihuahuas with allergies.
- Rachel Ray’s Limited Ingredient Diet Recipe. It has 6 key ingredients to lower the probability of an allergic reaction. It has taurine and vitamin C for a strong heart and improved immunity.
- Venture Smoked turkey & Butternut Squash L.I.D Dry Food. It suits dogs with allergies as it contains fewer ingredients. The high-quality protein promotes muscle strength and thick bones.
What are the best dogs with different ingredients for Chihuahua?
The best dog foods with pumpkin for Chihuahua.
- Acana Singles L.I.D Beef & Pumpkin Dry Food. The first ingredient is Deboned Beef for high-quality protein for thick muscles. It is crafted with Whole Pumpkin for dietary fiber to boost digestive health.
- Bil-Jac Pate Platters Duck & Pumpkin Canned Food. The key ingredients are Duck, Chicken Broth, Tapioca Starch, Pumpkin, and Green Beans. It has a high caloric value of 445 Kcal/can for stamina. Consuming this meal gives your dog smooth skin and a shiny coat with omega fatty acids.
The best chicken-free dog food for Chihuahua
- American Journey Limited Ingredient Diet Duck & Sweet Potato Formula. The first five ingredients are Deboned Duck, Duck Meal, Peas, Sweet Potatoes, and Chickpeas. It is an excellent choice for dogs with chicken intolerance. It also boosts the brain and vision health with DHA.
- Whole Earth Farms Pork, Beef & Lamb Formula. The main ingredients are Pork Meal, Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Peas, and Canola Meal.
What can Different Dog Breeds Eat Chihuahua Food?
Best Chihuahua Dog Foods for Russian Toys
Both breeds are small. However, Chihuahuas have a smooth coat while Russian Toys have a fine coat. These foods are common to both breeds:
- Primal Chicken Formula Nuggets Raw Freeze-Dried Food. It is perfect for both breeds as it contains a high protein value and caloric content for stamina and muscle power.
- Zignature Limited Ingredient Trout & Salmon Formula. It has a calorie value of 382 Kcal/cup and a protein value of 31% to meet the energy and muscle needs.
Best Chihuahua Dog Food for Toy Fox Terriers.
These breeds are small in size, but Toy Terriers shed moderately while Chihuahuas shed none to minimal. Here are the common foods for both breeds:
- Blue Buffalo Freedom Adult Chicken Formula. The first ingredient is Deboned Chicken for high-quality protein for thick muscles. It has glucosamine and yucca schidigera for joint and digestive health
- Holistic Select Salmon, Anchovy, & Sardine Recipe. It has antioxidants and probiotics for immunity and proper digestion. It is also crafted with glucosamine and taurine for joint and heart health.