24 Best Dog Foods for Beagles
Beagles are medium-sized bubbly, affectionate, and loyal family dogs. Their medium size calls for caution when selecting the best food for them. Consuming foods for small-sized dogs will make them obese as they are prone to weight gain, while eating foods for large dogs may not meet their energy needs.
You should, therefore, play around with food by combining the two. The foods should, however, meet the nutritional needs of Beagles. Go for premium proteins from identifiable sources like chicken and beef. In addition, the best food for Beagles should have moderate fat content and limited carbohydrates to lower the risks of obesity.
Furthermore, Beagles’ best food should be highly digestible with fewer ingredients. This is because Beagles are prone to allergies. Going for the correct food reduces the problems of obesity, digestion, and allergies and ensures your Beagle stays joyful. Some of the well-known brands for the best dog foods for Beagles are Taste of the Wild, Blue Buffalo, Wellness, Merrick, and American Journey.
You need not dig deep into your pocket, as the average price for the best dog food for Beagles is $43, with prices starting from $27 to $120. Your Beagle’s life stage also dictates the type of food to give. Puppies need foods with more energy, while senior Beagles need food with specific compounds like glucosamine and less energy-giving food.
We came up with the list below for the top 5 best dog foods for Beagles. Scroll down further for our picks 6-24.
|Check Price on AmazonCheck Price on Chewy|
Best for Seniors
|Check Price on AmazonCheck Price on Chewy|
Best for Puppies
|Check Price on Amazon|
Best for Adults
|Check Price on Amazon|
Note: The prices in this article as of April 2nd, 2022
View Table of Contents
- Best Overall 1. Taste of the Wild Dry Dog Food With Smoked Salmon
- Best Value 2. True Acre Foods Beef & Vegetable Recipe Dry Dog Food
- Best for Senior Dogs 3. Victor Senior Healthy Weight Dry Food
- Best for Puppies 4. Wellness CORE Natural Dry Grain Free Puppy Food
- Best for Adult Dogs 5. Blue Buffalo Wilderness High Protein, Natural Adult Dry Dog Food
- 6. Blue Buffalo Wilderness High Protein, Natural Puppy Wet Dog Food
- 7. Merrick Classic Grain Free Wet Canned Dog Food
- 8. American Journey Chicken & Brown Rice Protein First Recipe Dry Dog Food
- 9. Farmina Natural & Delicious Chicken Small & Medium Breed Puppy Formula Dry Dog Food
- 10. Nutro Ultra Adult Dog Food Dry Dog Food
- 11. Zignature Turkey Limited Ingredient Formula Dry Food
- 12. Wellness Simple Limited Ingredient Diet Lamb & Oatmeal Recipe Dry Dog Food
- 13. Canidae Life Stages Platinum Formula Canned Dog Food
- 14. Orijen Regional Red for Dogs Dry Dog Food
- 15. Instinct by Nature’s Variety Limited Ingredient Diet Dry Dog Food
- 16. Solid Gold Fit & Fabulous Dry Dog Food
- 17. Wag Dry Dog Food
- 18. Instinct Raw Boost Small Breed Recipe Dry Dog Food
- 19. I and Love and You Naked Essentials Lamb & Bison Recipe Dry Dog Food
- 20. The Honest Kitchen Human Grade Dehydrated Wholesome Base Mix for Dogs Dry Dog Food
- 21. Rachael Ray Nutrish Just 6 Natural Lamb Meal & Brown Rice Limited Ingredient Recipe Dry Dog Food
- 22. Eukanuba Small Breed Puppy Dry Dog Food
- 23. The Farmer’s Fresh Dog Food
- 24. Nutro Premium Loaf Grain-Free Slow Cooked Chicken, Potato, Carrot & Pea Recipe Canned Food
- What are the facts that you should know about the best dog foods for Beagles?
1. Taste of the Wild Dry Dog Food With Smoked Salmon
Massage your dog’s instincts with the real taste of the wild, provided by this premium recipe from Diamond Pet Foods.
The production date is December 11th, 2018, targeting all dog breeds. Salmon and Salmon Fish Meal are the first two ingredients, contributing to a 25% protein value for strong muscles. The other key ingredients include Sweet Potatoes, Potatoes, and Peas. The fat value of 15% is okay for your Beagle.
This recipe has a 3% fiber content and 10% moisture value, with a caloric content of 408 Kcal/cup. It has omega 3 and 6 fatty acids for coat and skin wellness. Selenium, zinc, and vitamin E boost immunity, while taurine ensures your Beagle’s heart stays healthy. Probiotics and prebiotics in this Taste of the Wild brand support digestive wellness.
Your Beagle’s weight indicates the daily feeding amounts. Beagles weighing 3 lbs require 1⁄3 cup and those that weigh 5 lbs need ½ cup. Heavier Beagles with 10-100 lbs need ¾ to 4 ¾ cups. A gradual transition period of 7-10 days helps lower allergic reactions and stomach sensitivities. Beagles are prone to allergies, and this meal suits them as it has no chicken. You will need $54.99 for a bag weighing 28 lbs.
2. True Acre Foods Beef & Vegetable Recipe Dry Dog Food
This diet features real Beef as the number one ingredient for healthy muscles.
The other key ingredients include Peas, Pea Starch, Poultry-By-Product Meal, and Canola Meal. It has vitamins A and E for skin, heart, and immune wellness. Calcium and phosphorus work together with high-quality protein for strong muscles and bones. A 30-lbs bag costs $39.99.
Best for Senior Dogs
3. Victor Senior Healthy Weight Dry Food
Help your senior Beagle enjoy his golden years with this tasty meal for a healthy weight and reduced rates of obesity.
The key ingredients are Beef Meal, Whole Grain Brown Rice, Whole Grain Millet, and Grain Sorghum. DHA promotes cognitive health, while chondroitin and glucosamine boost joint and hip wellness. A 40-lbs bag costs $62.99.
Best for Puppies
4. Wellness CORE Natural Dry Grain Free Puppy Food
Provide your Beagle puppy complete wellness with this tasty meal from Wellpet LLC, with a production date of March 17th, 2012.
This premium recipe targets all dog breeds and has no history of recalls. Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, and Turkey Meal are the first three ingredients, contributing to a high protein content of 36%. Proteins provide amino acids for a lean muscle mass. The other key ingredients include Lentils and Peas, which provide high-quality fiber for digestive health.
The fat value of 18% and caloric content of 491 Kcal/cup keep your Beagle energized throughout the day. Vitamins C and E work together to protect Beagles from infections, while fatty acids make the skin soft and give your dog’s coat a bright look. Calcium and phosphorus support bone wellness, while yucca schidigera lowers stool odor and keeps the digestive system happy.
Puppies weighing 2 lbs need ⅓ to ½ cups per day, while those weighing 5 lbs need ¾ to 1 cup. Weights from 10-100 lbs require 1 to 6 ¾ cups. This food is best for dogs with grain allergies and tummy sensitivities. Beagles are also well-suited as it is a high-protein diet. Buy a 28-lbs bag at $74.99.
Best for Adult Dogs
5. Blue Buffalo Wilderness High Protein, Natural Adult Dry Dog Food
This meal from Blue Buffalo satisfies the wolf in your Beagle with real Deboned Chicken as the number one ingredient.
The manufacturing date is February 9th, 2011, targeting small dog breeds. The other key ingredients are Chicken Meal which provides glucosamine for your Beagle’s joint health, Pea Protein, Peas, and Tapioca Starch.
The high protein value of 36% is suitable for your dog’s bone, teeth, and muscle health, while the fat value of 16% boosts your Beagle’s stamina. One cup of this premium diet has 425 calories for an active Beagle. It is packed with chelated minerals for maximum absorption of essential nutrients, and has calcium and phosphorus to enhance bone and muscle wellness further.
Omegas and glucosamine lower the frequencies of shedding and promote cartilage health. Real fruits, including blueberries and cranberries, provide powerful antioxidants to protect dogs from cellular damage. Dogs with weights up to 5 lbs need ¼- 1⁄2 cups, and those with 6-10 lbs need ½ to ¾ cups. Weights from 11-30 lbs need ¾ to 1 ¾ cups. The high-quality protein makes it suitable for Beagles. It is also best for dogs with grain allergies and sensitive tummies. An 11-lbs bag costs $37.98.
Spice up your Beagle puppy’s meal with this grilled wet food from Blue Buffalo Company Ltd.
The manufacturing date is June 25th, 2014. The key ingredients include Turkey, Chicken Broth, Chicken, Potato Protein, and Potatoes. It has 10% and 7% crude protein and fat, respectively. The fiber value is 1.5%, and the moisture value is 78%, with 478 calories per cup.
The high moisture value promotes digestion, keeps your dog hydrated throughout the day, and removes toxins from the body. Fiber also boosts digestive health. Beagles are susceptible to allergies, and his recipe suits them as it has no corn, wheat, or soy. It is also free from artificial flavors and grains. This high-protein diet ensures strong and thick muscles and builds your dog’s joints with glucosamine.
You can serve as a treat, add to your dog’s meal, or as a standalone meal, with every 10 lbs of body weight requiring ½ to 1 can per day. A gradual transition period of 14 days prepares your Beagle’s digestive system and lowers the risks of allergic reactions. Start with 25% of Blue Buffalo and increase the amounts slowly. You will part with $29.26 for a 12.5-oz can, case of 12.
Make your dog wag its tail in excitement with this delicious recipe from Merrick pet care.
The manufacturing date is June 8th, 2004, and it targets all dog breeds. The first five ingredients include Chicken, Chicken Broth, Carrots, Apples, and Peas. The crude values are 8%, 4%, 1.4%, and 82% for protein, fat, fiber, and moisture, while the caloric value is 339 Kcal/ 12.7-oz can.
The high-quality protein from real chicken boosts muscle power, while fats, fiber, and moisture promote activity levels and digestion and ensure a well-hydrated dog. The chicken is slow-cooked to increase digestibility and lower allergic reactions in your Beagle. In addition, it has no additional preservatives or flavors.
Carrots provide beta-carotene for eye and heart wellness, while herbs like rosemary provide powerful antioxidants to protect your Beagle from oxidative damage. This diet is also crafted with yucca schidigera and flaxseed to reduce stool odor and give your dog lustrous skin and a beautiful coat.
Add this meal to your dog’s food or serve as a standalone meal; give ⅓ cans to dogs weighing 3 lbs per day and ⅔ cans for dogs weighing 6 lbs. For 10-100 lbs, give 1 to 5 ⅔ cups. You need $39.36 to purchase a 12.7-oz can, case of 12.
Give your Beagle an enjoyable journey with this premium recipe from Chewy.
It is made specifically for large and giant breeds. However, Beagles, though medium-sized, benefit immensely from consuming this recipe. The key ingredients include Chicken, Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Peas, and Rice Bran with a caloric value of 332 Kcal/cup. The protein, fat, moisture, and fiber values are 24%, 13%, 10%, and 6%, respectively.
Calcium and phosphorus work together with the premium proteins for healthy bones and muscles, while chondroitin and glucosamine are responsible for cartilage wellness. Vitamin E, zinc, and selenium boost immune health, and taurine boosts cardiac health. Consuming this meal promotes cognitive health for easy trainability and improved focus with DHA. Your Beagle’s coat and skin will also benefit thanks to the high content of omegas.
The daily intake varies depending on your Beagle’s weight. Dogs that weigh 10 lbs need 1 cup, while those weighing 15 lbs require 1 ½ cups: the heavier your Beagle, the more cups for optimal nutrition and energy. Weights between 20 and 100 lbs need 1 ¾ to 6 cups. This meal suits dogs that can tolerate grains, as it is grain-inclusive. The Moderate fat values make it a perfect choice for Beagles.
Tantalize your Beagle’s taste buds with this delicacy from Farmina.
It has a manufacturing date of April 2nd, 2014, and it is suitable for your Beagle as it targets both small and medium dogs. The major ingredients include Deboned Chicken, Dehydrated Chicken, Potato, Chicken Fat, and Dehydrated Egg Product. The high protein value of 35% promotes muscle power. Although the fat value is at a high of 22%, L-carnitine breaks it down to lower the risks of obesity. The moisture and fiber values are 10% and 2.3%.
Your active Beagle will remain active and strong throughout the day. This recipe has a high caloric value of 492 Kcal/cup.calcium, phosphorus, glucosamine, and chondroitin support bone, muscle, and joint health, while DHA boosts cognitive wellness. Consuming this delicacy gives your senior Beagle a youthful look with fatty acids and vitamin A.
This recipe is crafted with healthy vegetables and fruits for high-quality fiber and powerful antioxidants to boost digestive and immune health. It is also low-glycemic for your diabetic Beagle. A 10-day transition period ensures your Beagle fully adjusts to the new food. Start with 25% of Farmina and increase slowly until the new meal becomes the main meal. You will need $89.95 for a 26 ½ lbs bag.
Make each meal memorable for your Beagle with this premium dog food from The Nutro Company, with a production date of June 8th, 2005.
It is formulated for all dog breeds. The key ingredients comprise Chicken, Chicken Meal, Whole Grain Sorghum, Whole Grain Barley, and Whole Grain Oats. The 15% fat value is okay for Beagles, while the protein value of 24% promotes muscle strength.
Calcium and phosphorus also boost muscle and bone thickness, while omega fatty acids reduce the risks of shedding to keep the skin and coat soft and smooth. This recipe protects your dog against inflammation that causes cancer and joint issues with the high quantity of antioxidants. Serving this meal further enhances eyesight with beta-carotene.
Your Beagle’s weight dictates the amounts to serve. Dogs that weigh need 1 cup per day, and those that weigh 25 lbs need 1 ½ cups. Weights between 35 and 75 lbs need 2 to 3 ½ cups. Start by blending the new food with old food and increase the proportion of new meals gradually for 6 days. This diet is suitable for dogs with sensitive stomachs as it has no corn, wheat, soy, molasses, and peas. A 30-lbs bag goes for $59.49.
Make your Beagle’s mealtime an exciting venture with a tangy meal from Pets Global Inc.
with a manufacturing date of March 2nd, 2012. Turkey is the main meal protein source, contributing to 32% protein value for a muscular look. Other main ingredients are Turkey Meal, Chickpeas, Peas, and Sunflower Oil. Beagles are prone to allergies, and their diet is an excellent choice as it has fewer ingredients. The moderate-fat value of 155 is also perfect for Beagles.
L-carnitine and taurine are responsible for a strong heart, while calcium and phosphorus are great for cartilage wellbeing. This recipe also gives dogs an admirable physical appearance with omegas and vitamin A. Wholesome peas and chickpeas are excellent dietary fiber sources that support bowel and gut wellness. Dietary fiber also promotes maintaining a healthy weight, as it makes dogs feel full for longer.
The high levels of antioxidants reduce cancer risks as they protect dogs against harmful radicals. This meal is best for dogs that cannot tolerate chicken, as it is chicken-free. Other dogs with different allergies are also suited for this meal. Body weights up to 10 lbs need ¼ to ½ cups daily, and 10-20 lbs need ½ to 1 ¼ cups. Buy a 25-lbs bag at $62.99.
This simple recipe from Wellness ensures complete wellness for your dog.
The manufacturing date is September 30th, 2004, and it targets all dog breeds. This premium diet features Lamb, Lamb Meal, Oatmeal, Peas, and Ground Rice as the major ingredients. It has a calorie value of 406 Kcal/cup for your energetic Beagle. The protein, fat, moisture, and fiber values are 21%, 12%, 11%, and 4.75%.
It is great for allergy-prone dogs, including Beagles, as it is a limited-ingredient recipe. Moreover, it is made with a single-source protein and highly digestible carbohydrates. This diet comes with natural probiotics for gut and bowel health. In addition, it is an excellent source of high-quality proteins for muscle wellness. It is also packed with vitamin C and antioxidants for improved immunity.
Beagles weighing 3-17 lbs need ⅓ to 1 ¼ cups daily, while weights between 18-23 lbs require 1 ¼ to 1 ½ cups. From 24-125 lbs, give 1 ½ to 5 ½ cups. For mixed feeding, reduce the dry amounts by ⅓ cup for every 6-oz of wet food. This diet is best for dogs with sensitive digestion as it has fewer ingredients, and no artificial additives or colors. A bag weighing 26 lbs costs $74.98.
This slow-cooked recipe will leave your Beagle begging for more.
It is richly flavored to delight your picky eater dog. The key ingredients include Chicken, Chicken, Broth, Brown Rice, Chicken Liver, and Lamb. The high water content and linoleic acid moisturize your dog’s skin. A 13-oz can, case of 12, costs $27.02.
Awaken the wild nature of your Beagle with this tangy meal.
It is crafted with raw ingredients to mimic wild dog food. It uses the most succulent meat parts to delight your dog’s instincts. The major ingredients include Beef, Wild Boar, Goat, Lamb, and Lamb Liver. All of these contribute to top-notch proteins, and a 25-lbs bag costs $119.99.
This is an excellent selection for Beagles as it has fewer ingredients to reduce the risk of allergies.
This recipe features Lamb Meal, Lamb, Tapioca, Peas, and Canola Oil. It has vitamin C and E for improved immunity. Omega-3 and 6 fatty acids support coat and skin wellness. A 20-lbs bag costs $73.99.
Keep your dog fit and fabulous with this low-fat, low-calorie delicacy.
A healthy weight lowers the risks of diseases like cardiac problems, diabetes, and pancreatitis. The key ingredients include Pollock, Pollock Meal, Pea Fiber, Pearled Barley, and Brown Rice. It promotes immunity and protects against cellular damage thanks to its vitamin C and E. a 24-lbs bag costs $55.02.
17. Wag Dry Dog Food
Make your Beagle wag his tail with excitement with this premium meal.
It features Lamb, Lamb Meal, Lentils, Pea Protein, and Peas as the main ingredients. The optimal blend of fat and protein ensures all-around wellness while DHA, antioxidants, and omegas support cognitive, immune, and skin wellness.
Awaken the wild beast in your Beagle with this premium high-protein diet.
The main ingredients include Chicken, Chicken Meal, Chickpeas, Tapioca, and Chicken Fat. Chondroitin and glucosamine lower the risks of joint and hip problems by providing lubrication. Vitamins C and E support immune wellness. A 10-lbs bag costs $44.99.
Shower your Beagle with love with this nutrient-dense meal.
It features Lamb, Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal, Garbanzo Beans, and Ground Peas as the key ingredients. It is crafted with sweet potatoes for high-quality fiber for smooth digestion. It also supports muscle power with proteins. Buy a 23-lbs bag at $62.99.
Provide your dog premium nutrition with this tangy recipe.
It is crafted with human-grade ingredients for superb health benefits. The main ingredients include Organic Oats, Organic Flaxseed, Organic Barley, Organic Quinoa, and Dehydrated Pumpkin. It suits all dog breeds. The high-value fiber supports digestive health. Buy a 7-lbs box at $59.99.
21. Rachael Ray Nutrish Just 6 Natural Lamb Meal & Brown Rice Limited Ingredient Recipe Dry Dog Food
This recipe is suitable for your allergic Beagle as it is crafted with 6 main ingredients to lower the problems of allergies.
It has Lamb Meal, Brown Rice, Brewers Rice, Dried Beet Pulp, and Chicken Fat. It is an excellent choice for joint health as it contains calcium, phosphorus, chondroitin, and glucosamine. A 28-lbs bag costs $35.99.
Give your dog premium nutrition with dry food.
It gives your Beagle endless energy for physical activity. The major ingredients include Chicken, Chicken-By-Product Meal, Corn, Chicken Fat, and Wheat. It supports your puppy’s cognitive wellness and has calcium for strong bones. In addition, vitamin E protects dogs against infections. A 28-lbs bag costs $67.69.
This meal is crafted from fresh human-grade ingredients for overall health.
Fresh foods are nutrient-dense to promote healthy growth and development. The Farmer’s Fresh Food is customized to meet your dog’s unique nutritional and health needs. The food is delivered to your doorstep to save time and money. This recipe uses high-quality proteins for thick muscles.
Slow-cooking ensures maximum retention of essential nutrients, while potatoes, carrots, and peas provide premium fiber for digestive health and maintenance of a healthy weight.
The high water content also supports digestion and moisturizes the skin by removing toxins from the body. The other key ingredients include Chicken, Chicken Broth, and Liver.
What are the facts that you should know about the best dog foods for Beagles?
Below are the facts that you should know about the best dog food for Beagles:
- Beagles are susceptible to obesity, so their food should have moderate fat values. Ensure the fat comes from digestible animal sources, including chicken fat and salmon oil.
- Beagles are medium-sized dogs, hence their food should meet their nutritional needs. Always check the AAFCO statement on nutritional adequacy, stating that the food is balanced and suitable for your dog.
- You should select high-quality meat from recognized sources, like chicken or beef. In addition, a single-source protein is the best since Beagles are prone to allergies.
- Go for foods with limited carbohydrates that are easily digestible. Easy digestibility lowers negative reactions. In addition, look for foods with prebiotics, probiotics, or fiber for digestive wellness.
- Beagles are susceptible to allergies, so their food should be a limited ingredient recipe.
- The best food for Beagles should be free from common allergens including wheat, corn, and soy. It should also be free from artificial preservatives and colors.
- Look for foods with wholesome ingredients, including real fruits and vegetables and wholesome grains.
- Having chondroitin, calcium, phosphorus, and glucosamine is an added advantage for the best food for Beagles. They promote bone and joint health.
- The best food for Beagles should have no unidentified By-products or meat meals. The labels should be specific.
What are the best dog foods for Beagles with different health conditions?
The Best Dog Food for Beagles with diabetes:
- Ketona Chicken Formula Dry Food: This high-protein and low-carb recipe suit Beagle with diabetes. It also lowers blood sugar levels and lowers itching and inflammation. Being a low-starch food, you can switch immediately as there are no negative effects on your dog’s digestive system.
- Hill’s Prescription Veterinary Diet Dry Food: This meal is formulated for digestive problems, weight management, and regulation of blood glucose levels. It also helps with urinary tract wellness. It has L-carnitine that breaks down fat for lean muscle mass.
The Best Dog Food for Beagles with pancreatitis
- American Journey Chicken & Sweet Potato Formula Healthy Weight Dry Food: Give your dog a healthy journey with their tasty meal. It has a low-fat value of 10% and L-carnitine to break down fats. This makes it safe for pancreatic Beagles. In addition, it contains calcium, phosphorus, chondroitin, and glucosamine for healthy joints.
- Canidae Limited Ingredient Healthy Weight Dry Food Chicken & Pea Recipe: It has fewer ingredients and 9% fat hence an excellent selection for pancreatic Beagles. Consuming this recipe boosts heart and immune wellness with taurine, vitamin C, and vitamin E. it also strengthens the muscles and joints with chondroitin and glucosamine.
What are the best dogs with different ingredients for Beagles?
The Best Dog Food with Pumpkin for Beagles
- EarthBorn Holistic Venture Duck Meal & Pumpkin Limited Ingredient Dry Food: Pumpkin is an excellent source of high-quality fiber for a happy digestive system and maintenance of a healthy weight. The first five ingredients include Duck Meal, Pumpkin, Tapioca, Sunflower Oil, and Flaxseed. It is great for cardiac wellness with taurine and L-carnitine.
- Lucy Pet Products Grain-free Duck, Pumpkin, and Quinoa Dry Food: Pumpkin is the 8th ingredient and it works together with quinoa to promote smooth digestion. Other key ingredients include Duck, Duck Meal, Dried Chickpeas, Dried Peas, and Pea Starch. It has vitamin E and taurine to prevent inflammation and support heart health.
The Best Dog Food without Chicken for Beagle
- Ziwi Peak Canned Dog Food Lamb Recipe: The main ingredients are Lamb, Water Sufficient for Processing, Lamb Lung, Lamb Kidney, and Chickpeas. The high water content supports digestion and removes toxins from the body, while proteins boost muscle power.
- Acana Grain-free Freeze-Dried Dog Food: The main ingredients include Whole Mackerel, Whole Herring, Whole Redfish, Silver Hake, and Mackerel Meal. It suits Beagles that cannot tolerate chicken. It is rich in fiber and antioxidants for digestive and immune health.
What Different Dog Breeds Can Eat Beagles Food?
Dogs with similar characteristics as Beagles share common recipes. Here’s a list of dog breeds that can eat Beagle’s food:
Both the American Foxhound and Beagle are hounds, and their fur color is similar. However, the American Foxhound is bigger. Some foods common to both dog breeds are given below:
- Stella & Chewy’s Dinner Patties Chicken Freeze-Dried Raw Food: It has beta-carotene and antioxidants for vision, skin, coat, and immune health.
- Primal Chicken Nuggets Formula Raw Freeze-Dried Grain-free Dog Food: It is great for all dog breeds and provides optimal nutrition with high-quality proteins, fat, minerals, vitamins, and fiber.
Both the Beagle and Dachshund are hound dogs and need lots of exercise as they are susceptible to obesity. Dachshunds are, however, less active. Below are some foods common to both breeds:
- Open Farm Harvest Dog Food: The key ingredients include Chicken, Carrots, Kale, Butternut Squash, and Apples. It is rich in proteins and antioxidants.
- Dr. Tim’s Kinesis Formula All Stages Dry Food: The first five ingredients include Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Pearled Barley, Whole Oat Groats, and Chicken Fat. The high-quality protein boosts muscle power.
What are the Best Dog Foods for Beagles according to Size?
Best Dog Foods for small-sized Beagle
- Taste of the Wild Grain-free Appalachian Valley Dry Food: It features pasture-raised venison for premium proteins to strengthen the muscles. Vitamin E and selenium promote immunity, while taurine ensures the heart is healthy. The main ingredients include Venison, Lamb Meal, Garbanzo Beans, Peas, and Lentils. The high-quality fiber lowers the risk of stomach upsets.
- Merrick Classic Small Breed Healthy Grains Dry Food: It features deboned chicken as the number one ingredient for strong muscles. Other major ingredients include Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Barley, and Turkey Meal. It has chondroitin and glucosamine for joint wellness.
Best Dog Food for medium-sized Beagles
- Wellness Complete Health Deboned Chicken & Oatmeal Dry Food: The major ingredients are Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Oatmeal, Ground Barley, and Peas. It has vitamins A and E for skin and immune health and is packed with calcium, phosphorus, chondroitin, and glucosamine for the joints.
- Instinct Original Freeze-Dried with Real Chicken Raw Coated Dry Food: This recipe will delight your picky eater Beagle as it has a burst of raw flavors that mimic wild dog food. The key ingredients include Chicken, Chicken Meal, Peas, Chicken Fat, and Tapioca. It is great for the immune system with vitamins C and E.
Best Dog Food for large Beagles
- Now Fresh Large Breed Grain-free Dry Food: The key ingredients include Deboned Turkey, Whole Dried Egg, Potatoes, Peas, and Potato Flour. These ingredients work together for healthy immune, nervous, and digestive systems.
- Merrick Backcountry Grain-free Raw Infused Large Breed Dry Food: It features Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal, Sweet Potatoes, and Potatoes. The premium proteins are essential for muscle wellness, while taurine and yucca schidigera promote heart health and reduce stool smell.