24 Best Dog Foods for Australian Shepherds
Fondly referred to as Aussies, Australian Shepherds are medium to large breed dogs with high intelligence and herding capability. They are highly energetic so the best dog food should meet their caloric and nutritional needs. The best dog foods for Australian shepherds are high-quality proteins for strong muscles.
The best food should also have above-average fats and sufficient calories for their physical activities. Look for diets formulated for active dog breeds. Aussies have double coats, which should be kept healthy. This calls for foods that contain omega fatty acids and vitamin A. to supplement their energy needs. Their diets should have carbohydrates which should come from wholesome sources and real vegetables.
In addition, the best food for Aussies should have antioxidants, prebiotics, and probiotics to boost immunity and keep the digestive system healthy. It is essential to choose the right format as it ensures your Aussie maintains a healthy weight. Choosing the right format also lowers the risks of digestive problems and allergies to keep your dog happy.
You should also take into account the life stage of your dog. Puppies need more energy and proteins than adults and seniors. Our top five brands for the best food for Aussies are Blue Buffalo, Taste of the Wild, Victor, Wellness, and Merrick. The average price is $65, ranging from $24 to $118.
Here are the top five best foods for Aussies:
|Check Price on AmazonCheck Price on Chewy|
Best for Seniors
|Check Price on AmazonCheck Price on Chewy|
Best for Adult Dogs
|Check Price on AmazonCheck Price on Chewy|
Best for Puppies
|Check Price on AmazonCheck Price on Chewy|
View Table of Contents
- Best Overall 1. Blue Buffalo Life Protection Dry Dog Food
- Best Value 2. Adirondack Active Adult Dry Dog Food
- Best for Senior Dogs 3. Victor Purpose Senior Dry Dog Food
- Best for Adult Dogs 4. Nutro Ultra Adult Dry Dog Food
- Best for Puppies 5. Wellness Complete Health Large Breed Puppy Dry Dog Food
- 6. The Farmer’s Fresh Dog Food
- 7. Taste of the Wild Southwest Canyon Dry Dog Food
- 8. Merrick Classic Healthy Grains Real Beef Dry Dog Food
- 9. FirstMate Endurance/Puppy Formula Dry Dog Food
- 10. Canidae All Life Stages Dog Food for Australian Shepherds Wet Dog Food
- 11. Sport Dog Food Elite Series Dog Food for Australian Shepherds Dry Dog Food
- 12. Earthborn Holistic Coastal Catch Grain-Free Natural Dry Dog Food
- 13. American Journey Salmon & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
- 14. Hill’s Science Diet Dry Dog Food
- 15. Wellness CORE Natural Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
- 16. Orijen Regional Red
- 17. Victor Classic Hi-Pro Plus Dry Dog Food
- 18. Diamond Naturals Extreme Athlete Dry Dog Food
- 19. Wellness Complete Health Dry Puppy Food
- 20. Royal Canin Puppy Chiot Dog Food
- 21. Ollie Fresh Dog Food
- 22. Dr. Tim’s Ultra Athletic Fusion Formula Dry Dog Food
- 23. True Acre Foods Beef & Vegetable Recipe Dry Dog Food
- 24. Nulo Freestyle Trout & Sweet Potato Senior Recipe Dry Dog Food
- What facts should you know about the best dog foods for Australian Shepherds?
1. Blue Buffalo Life Protection Dry Dog Food
This high-quality protein food from Blue Buffalo is formulated for active dog breeds.
It features chicken as the number one ingredient with a caloric content of 377 Kcal/cup and a fat value of 14% to provide energy for your active dog. It is also crafted with highly digestible proteins to add to the energy levels. The first production date is October 1st, 2004.
Other primary ingredients are Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Barley, and Oatmeal. The protein, fiber, and moisture values are 24%, 4%, and 10% respectively. Proteins work together with glucosamine, calcium, and phosphorus for strong muscles, bones, and joints. Omega fatty acids and vitamin A blend to give your dog a smooth skin and shiny coat.
Taurine, L-carnitine, and beta-carotene support heart and vision wellness, while yucca schidigera reduces stool odor. Consuming this meal also promotes immunity with vitamin C, E, and antioxidants. Your dog’s weight dictates the amounts to serve, with dogs weighing up to 15 lbs needing 1 ½ to 1 ¼ cups per day. Dogs with weights ranging from 16-100 lbs need 1 ¼ to 5 cups. Add ½ cups for every additional 20 lbs. It is suitable for dogs with sensitivities as it contains no fillers.
2. Adirondack Active Adult Dry Dog Food
If you are looking for a meal with maximum nutrients for your dog’s overall health, then this is an excellent choice.
This formula by Blackwood Pet Food is slow-cooked to retain all the essential nutrients and improve flavor. The production date is June 22nd, 2020. It is crafted for highly active dogs with a 26% protein, 15% fat, and a caloric value of 452.5 Kcal/cup to promote muscle power and provide energy for physical activity.
The first five ingredients are Pork Meal, Brown Rice, Chicken Meal, Oat Groats, and Ground Grain Sorghum. It is formulated with linoleic acids for omega fatty acids to lower shedding frequencies. Probiotics enhance it to promote maximum absorption of essential nutrients and support digestive health.
Dogs weighing 10 lbs require ¾ cups per day, while those weighing 20 lbs require 1 ⅓ cups. Dogs with weights ranging from 40-100 lbs need 2 ¼ to 4 ⅓ cups. A gradual transition period of 7 days lowers the risks of stomach problems by allowing your dog’s digestive system to get used to the new food fully.
This recipe is suitable for dogs with sensitive tummies. This meal is grain-inclusive hence not suitable for dogs with grain allergies.
Best for Senior Dogs
3. Victor Purpose Senior Dry Dog Food
Those golden years of your dog call for unique diets that fit their unique nutritional needs.
This meal from Mid America Pet Food in Texas is a good choice to ensure your senior dog remains strong and healthy. The production date is April 4th, 2013, and it has gained popularity among pet parents.
The primary ingredients are Beef Meal, Whole Grain Brown Rice, Whole Grain Millet, Grain Sorghum, and Chicken Fat. The caloric value of 360 Kcal/cup, the fat value of 11.5%, and highly digestible carbs work together to keep your dog active. The protein value of 27%, glucosamine, and chondroitin boost muscle and joint health.
This meal is crafted with linoleic acid for omega fatty acids to lower shedding frequencies. Your senior dog thrives in moderate fat, and L-carnitine breaks down excess fat to useful energy.it also contains DHA and yucca schidigera for the brain, vision, and digestive health. Inulin also supports bowel health, while vitamin E and taurine boost immunity and cardiovascular wellness.
Dogs weighing 10 lbs need ¾ and ⅔ cups for weight maintenance and weight loss, respectively, while those weighing 15 lbs need 1 ⅛ and 1 cup. This diet is best for weight management.
Best for Adult Dogs
4. Nutro Ultra Adult Dry Dog Food
Nutro Pet Food Company does not compromise on taste and quality.
This specific formula is highly palatable to delight even selective eaters. The production date is June 8th, 2005 with no history of recalls. Chicken is the number one ingredient for premium proteins to support a muscular look. The other major ingredients are Chicken Meal, Whole Grain Sorghum, Whole Grain Barley, and Whole Grain Oats.
The protein, fat, fiber and moisture contents are 24%, 15%, 4%, and 10%, with a 362 Kcal/cup caloric value. Calcium, phosphorus, glucosamine, and chondroitin support bone, muscle, and cartilage wellness while chelated minerals and antioxidants boost immunity. Consuming this diet lowers the frequencies of shedding with omega fatty acids.
It is free from corn, wheat, soy, artificial flavors, and colors to reduce the probability of allergies and sensitivities. This makes it the best choice for dogs with stomach sensitivities. It is best for Aussies to strengthen their double coat, boost immunity, and support muscle growth.
Your dog’s poundage determines the daily amounts, with dogs weighing 15 pounds needing 1 cup while those weighing 25pounds need 1 ½ cups. Dogs with weights ranging from 35-75 pounds need 2 to 3 ½ cups.
Best for Puppies
5. Wellness Complete Health Large Breed Puppy Dry Dog Food
This formula by Wellness is specifically formulated for your large breed active puppy.
The first production date is October 2nd, 2001 with no history of recalls. It features Deboned Chicken as the number one ingredient for high-quality proteins for strong muscles. Other main ingredients include Chicken Meal, Peas, Ground Brown Rice, and Salmon Meal with a caloric value of 367 Kcal/cup to support metabolism.
The protein, fat, fiber and fat values are 29%, 13%,5%, and 10%. It has vitamin C and E, which work with antioxidants to promote immunity. If your dog is shedding excessively, this meal is the best because it contains vitamin A and omega fatty acids that protect the skin barrier. It is further crafted with DHA and taurine for vision, brain, and heart health. Calcium and phosphorus are responsible for strong bones.
Dogs weighing 10 lbs need 1 ¼ to 2 ⅛ cups depending on their age, while those weighing 20-100 lbs need 2 ½ to 8 cups daily. For dogs above 100 lbs, add ¼ cups for every 10 lbs. This recipe is good for Aussies as it is rich in proteins. It is suitable for dogs with tummy sensitivities.
If you are looking for fresh food direct to your dog’s bowl, this is an excellent choice.
Farmer’s fresh foods are crafted with fresh ingredients to mimic wild dog food that delights your dog’s instincts. These meals are tailored to meet every dog’s unique nutritional and health needs. In addition, the recipes are made in human-grade kitchens, frozen, and directly delivered to your doorstep.
This saves you time and ensures your dog gets the best nutritional benefits. Their grain-free pork recipe targets all dog breeds. The key ingredients are Pork, Sweet Potatoes, Potatoes, Green Beans, and Cauliflower with 39% protein value for thick muscles. The fat value of 25% works together with the highly digestible carbs to boost your dog’s energy levels.
The high-quality fiber from fresh vegetables promotes digestive health and healthy weight as it makes your dog feel full faster. Fresh veggies also boost immunity with antioxidants, while fish oils provide omega fatty acids for skin and coat health. This meal is best for adult and puppy Aussies as it provides sufficient energy and proteins.
The daily consumption varies depending on your dog’s weight, age, health condition, and breed type. The delivery package comes with the feeding instructions that suit your dog’s needs.
This premium dog food from Taste of the Wild is crafted with wild boar for the overall wellness of all dog breeds.
This meal tastes like wild dog food, thus appealing to your dog’s taste buds. The production date is September 8th, 2012, with no history of recalls. Real Beef is the first ingredient contributing to a protein value of 29% for muscle power. The other main ingredients are Peas, Garbanzo Beans, Lamb Meal, and Canola Oil, with a caloric value of 408 Kcal/cup.
The fat, fiber, and moisture values are 15%, 5%, and 10% respectively. It is crafted with DHA for brain and eye health. It supports skin and coat appearance with vitamin A and omega fatty acids. Consuming this meal also boosts cardiac health with taurine. In addition, it lowers the intensity of fecal smell with yucca schidigera.
The meal also contains probiotics and antioxidants for digestive health and improved immunity. It has no grains, wheat, artificial flavors, or corn hence suitable for dogs with grain allergies and stomach sensitivities.
Dogs weighing 3-5 lbs require ⅓ to 1 cup per day, while those weighing 5-10 lbs need 1 to 1 ⅔ cups. Those with weights ranging from 10-100 lbs need 1 to 6 cups.
Give your dog premium nutrition with this formula from Merrick Pet Care as it is crafted with essential vitamins, minerals, proteins, and ancient grains for top-notch benefits.
The production date is January 14th, 2016. Deboned Beef and Pork Meal are the first two ingredients contributing to a protein value of 26% for lean muscles. Other key ingredients are Brown Rice, Barley, and Oatmeal.
The fat, fiber, and protein values are 15%, 3.5%, and 11%. The caloric value is 386 calories per cup to support physical activity. Consuming this recipe supports cartilage health with glucosamine and chondroitin. It also lowers the risks of skin and eye problems with omega fatty acids and beta-carotene.
Ancient grains, including quinoa, promote digestion while yucca schidigera lowers stool odor. This diet is suitable for Aussies as it promotes muscle, skin, and joint health. It is ideal for dogs with chicken intolerance as it is chicken-free.
The daily consumption depends on your dog’s weight, with dogs weighing 3 lbs needing ⅓ cups while those weighing 6 lbs need ⅔ cups. Dogs with weights ranging from 10-100 lbs need 1 to 5 cups. For dogs over 100 lbs, add ½ cups for every additional 10 lbs.
The initial stages of life for your dog are crucial and require top-notch nutrition.
The foundation of your dog’s life dictates their future life. This formula by FirstMate is crafted with the needs of your dog’s crucial stage in mind. The production date is February 5th, 2007. The new ingredients are Ocean Fish Meal, Burbank Potato, Norkotah Potato, Tomato Pomace, and Chicken Fat.
The high caloric value of 541 Kcal/cup and a fat value of 18% ensure your puppy stays active throughout the day while the protein value of 28% supports the growth of strong muscles. Calcium, phosphorus, and glucosamine are essential for bone, muscle, and joint health. This hypoallergenic formula uses a single source protein to lower the risk of allergic reactions.
It is also easily digestible, has prebiotics, and comes in bite-sized kibble for smooth digestion. It further promotes skin and coat health with omega fatty acids. Dogs weighing 2-5 lbs need ⅛ to ¼ cups per day while those weighing 5-10 lbs need ⅛ to ⅓ cups. It is better for Aussie puppies as it boosts their endurance levels and supports the growth of strong muscles.
This meal is suitable for dogs with sensitive digestion and grain allergies.
This premium canned dog food from Canidae is crafted for all life stages and is a perfect choice for your Australian Shepherd.
The production date is August 19th, 2004. The main ingredients are Lamb, Lamb Broth, Vegetable Broth, Lamb Liver, and Ocean Fish. It has a caloric content of 494 Kcal/13-oz can. The protein, fat, fiber and moisture values are 8%, 6%, 1.5%, and 78%.
This formula keeps your dog hydrated and removes toxins with a high moisture value. Linoleic acids minimize skin problems, while the high-quality fiber from wholesome grains promotes bowel and gut health. The novel proteins keep your dog muscular and strong, while antioxidants and vitamin E boost immunity.
You can mix this wet food with dry food to enhance taste and make your dog’s taste buds dance with ecstasy. A ratio of 25% canned food to 75% dry food produces a perfect mix. Feed one 13-oz can run daily for every 20 lbs of body weight if you want to serve as a standalone meal. Puppies with the same bodyweight require twice this amount, while nursing dogs need up to 3 times the adult portions.
This recipe is suitable for dogs with sensitivities. Do not serve dogs with grain allergies as it contains grains.
This recipe from Sport Dog Food is an excellent choice for Aussies as it contains 490 calories per cup and 16% fat value for energy production.
The protein value of 27% boosts muscle health. It is rich in probiotics and chelated minerals for digestive health and improved immunity. It is naturally preserved.
This meal by Midwestern Pet Food Company is crafted with Herring Meal, Salmon Meal, and Whitefish Meal for high-quality proteins to boost lean muscle development.
The natural fibers from vegetables and fruits are responsible for a healthy bowel and gut. L- carnitine converts fats to energy while omega fatty acids boost skin health.
The first three ingredients are Deboned Salmon, Chicken Meal, and Turkey Meal which contribute to a protein value of 32% for strong muscles.
It promotes joint and hip wellness with glucosamine and chondroitin. In addition, it is crafted with yucca schidigera to lower the strong fecal smell and boost digestion.
This meal from Hill’s Pet Nutrition is crafted to meet your dog’s overall needs.
The main ingredients are Chicken Meal, Whole Grain Rice, Brewers Rice, Whole Grain Sorghum, and Soybean Meal. It contains omega fatty acids and beta-carotene to lower the risks of skin, coat, and eye problems.
This recipe from Wellness features Deboned Turkey, Turkey Meal, and Chicken Meal as the main ingredients for premium proteins to support muscle health.
It promotes bone and joint wellness with calcium, phosphorus, glucosamine, and chondroitin. It also contains omega fatty acids and beta-carotene for skin, coat, and vision health.
Give your dog peak nutrition with this premium dog food.
It is crafted with raw ingredients to entice your dog’s ancestral instincts. The main ingredients are Beef, Wild Boar, Goat, Lamb, and Lamb Liver for top-notch proteins to promote muscle health. The caloric value of 463 Kcal/cup is perfect for your active dog.
This classic meal from Victor is an excellent choice for your Aussie as it is crafted for energetic dogs.
It is nutrient-dense for optimal benefits. It has DHA and L-carnitine for brain health and the breakdown of fats into useful energy. Antioxidants and vitamin E work together to boost immunity. Yucca schidigera reduces stool smell.
This formula from Diamond Pet Foods is the best selection for your Aussie as it is formulated for athletic dogs with high energy needs.
It provides superior nutrition for your dog with 32% proteins and 25% fat. It lowers the risks of frequent shedding with omega fatty acids and vitamin A.
This formula from Wellness is perfect for the overall wellness of your puppy.
It is naturally preserved hence perfect for dogs with tummy sensitivities. It promotes cardiovascular health with taurine. In addition, it has omega fatty acids and yucca schidigera for skin health and reduced stool smell. Antioxidants boost immunity.
This premium meal is formulated for large puppies for healthy growth and development.
It is crafted with highly digestible proteins and prebiotics to support digestive health. The unique kibble design and a blend of antioxidants promote chewing and immunity. Moreover, it has chondroitin and glucosamine for healthy joints, bones, and muscles.
Ollie Fresh Dog Food is the best as it is customized according to your dog’s needs using human-grade ingredients.
In addition, the meals are delivered to your doorstep to save you time. The lamb recipe is crafted with Lamb, Butternut Squash, Lamb Liver, Kale, and Rice. the high-quality proteins support muscle health.
This recipe is designed to fuel your active dog by boosting its energy levels.
It is a low-carb formula that promotes endurance and fast recovery. The caloric value of 422 Kcal/cup and a fat value of 25% provide sufficient energy for daily activity. It contains L-carnitine that breaks down fat into energy.
This premium diet by True Acre Foods features real Beef as the number one ingredient for top-notch proteins to support muscle health.
It has omega fatty acids and vitamin A for skin and coat health. Calcium and phosphorus are responsible for strong bones, while vitamin E and antioxidants boost immunity.
This recipe from Nulo is an excellent selection for your senior Aussie as it contains glucosamine and chondroitin for healthy joints and hips.
It also has L-carnitine to support your dog’s metabolism. Calcium and phosphorus are essential for bone health, while probiotics promote digestive health. High-quality protein supports lean muscle mass.
What facts should you know about the best dog foods for Australian Shepherds?
Here are the facts that you should know about the best dog foods for Australian Shepherds:
- Aussies need strong muscles to support their active lives. Therefore, their best dog foods should have high-quality proteins from premium and recognizable animal sources like chicken to maximize digestibility and provide amino acids for muscle health. The first ingredient should be real meat. The more meat sources, the better
- The highly energetic Aussie’s best foods should have high to moderate fat values to provide energy and keep their double coats healthy. The fats should come from healthy sources like chicken fat and flaxseed
- Australian Shepherds need limited carbs to supplement their energy needs and provide dietary fiber for digestive health. The carbs should come from wholesome sources like oatmeal and sweet and sweet potatoes
- The best dog food for Aussies should be free from fillers like corn, artificial preservatives, and by-products. Limited ingredient diets are the best option
- The best dog food for Australian Shepherds should provide complete and balanced nutrition for your dog. It should be formulated according to AAFCO standards. In addition, the foods should have essential vitamins and minerals like Vitamin C and E for immunity and calcium for strong bones
What are the Best Dog Foods for Australian Shepherds according to Sizes?
Best Dog Foods for small-sized Australian Shepherds:
- Taste of the Wild Appalachian Small Breeds Dry Food. It features Venison and Lamb Meal as the first two ingredients for premium proteins to support muscle health. It also contains omega fatty acids for skin wellness
- Nom Nom Fresh Dog Food. The formulas are crafted with fresh ingredients to delight your dog’s taste buds. They have omega fatty acids for softer, silkier coats and lower shedding. Antioxidants promote immunity
Best Dog Foods for medium-sized Australian Shepherds
- Acana Adult Dry Dog Food. It is crafted with fresh and raw ingredients to appeal to your dog’s wild nature. It also uses whole vegetables and fruits for antioxidants and dietary fiber to boost immunity and digestive wellness. High-quality protein support strong muscles
- Victor Select Yukon River Grain-free Dry Food. The caloric value of 390 Kcal/cup and fat value of 16% provides sufficient energy while L-carnitine and DHA aid in the breakdown of fats to energy and promote brain health
Best Dog Foods for large Australian Shepherds
- Blue Buffalo Wilderness Large Breed Formula. It features Deboned Chicken as the number one ingredient for superior proteins to promote muscle power. It has glucosamine and chondroitin for strong joints and hips. It also has L-carnitine and taurine for heart health
- Merrick Backcountry Raw Infused Large Breed Dry Food. The caloric content of 386 Kcal/cup and a fat value of 17% boost the activity levels while omega fatty acids support skin and coat wellness
What are the best dog foods for Australian Shepherds with different health conditions?
Best dog foods for Australian Shepherds with itchy skin
- Hill’s Prescription Diet d/d Food/Skin Sensitivities Dry Food. It is crafted from a highly digestible single protein and carbohydrate source to lower skin sensitivities. The high levels of omega fatty acids also support skin health while antioxidants provide immunity and skin barrier
- Purina Beyond Simple Ingredient Formula. Chicken is the number one ingredient for strong muscles. It has omega fatty acids for skin that lowers itching and shedding levels
Best dog foods for picky eater Australian Shepherd
- Purina Pro Plan Dry Food. It is formulated with real Turkey for high-quality proteins and a rich flavor that delights even fussy eaters. The fat value of 20% and protein value of 30% promote metabolism and lean muscle development
- Stella & Chewy’s Meal Mixers Freeze-Dried Raw Formula. Freeze-Drying ensures all flavors are retained for an aromatic taste to tantalize your picky eater’s taste buds.
Best dog foods for Australian Shepherds with pancreatitis
- Royal Canin Medium Weight Care Recipe. It has a low-fat value of 9% and L-carnitine, which breaks down excess fats into useful energy, thus perfect for pancreatic dogs. It also contains glucosamine and chondroitin for cartilage health
- Blue Buffalo Natural Veterinary Diet Low Fat Dry Food. Deboned Whitefish is the first ingredient to boost muscle health. The low maximum fat value of 9% and L-carnitine are good for pancreatitis
Best dog foods for Australian Shepherds with sensitive stomachs
- Diamond Care Sensitive Stomach Adult Dry Food. give our sensitive Aussie the best nutrition with this premium dog food. It is crafted from a single source, easily digestible protein to lower the risk of allergens that cause stomach problems. It also contains probiotics for smooth digestion
- Wellness Core Digestive Health Wholesome Grain s Formula. Serve your dog this highly digestible formula and protect him from tummy issues. It contains probiotics and prebiotics for gut health
Best dog foods for Australian Shepherds with allergies
- Canidae Pure Limited Ingredient Grain-free Formula. It is crafted with Salmon and Sweet Potato and contains only 8 ingredients to lower allergic reactions. It has probiotics, antioxidants, and omega fatty acids for smooth digestion, improved immunity, and lower frequencies of shedding
- Brothers Complete Advanced Allergy Care Grain-free Dry Food. This Lamb Meal and Egg recipe appeal to all dogs as it mimics wild dog food. It is also low glycemic and has digestive enzymes
What are the best dogs with different ingredients for Australian Shepherds?
Best dog foods with pumpkin for Australian Shepherds
- Nature’s Recipe Grain-free Dog Food. The main ingredients are Salmon, Chicken Meal, Sweet Potatoes, Tapioca Starch, and Canola Meal. Pumpkin is the 9th ingredient, and it prompts digestion. These ingredients are proper as they promote overall growth
- EarthBorn Holistic Venture Alaska Pollock Meal & Pumpkin Formula. The main ingredients are Alaska Pollock Meal, Pumpkin, Tapioca, Sunflower Oil, and Flaxseed. These ingredients are proper, and each has an important function
Best chicken-free dog food for Australian Shepherds.
- Lucy Pet Products Grain-free Dry Dog Food. The key ingredients are Duck, Duck Meal, Dried Chickpeas, Dried Peas, and Pea Starch. These ingredients promote muscle growth and digestive health; hence they are proper ingredients
- Orijen Tundra Grain-free Dry Food. The primary ingredients are Lamb, Venison, Duck, Arctic Char, and Whole Pilchard. The ingredients contribute to high-quality protein for muscle power. They are, therefore, proper ingredients. It has a caloric value of 462 Kcal/cup and 18% fat for energy
What Can Different Dog Breeds Eat Australian Shepherds Food?
Best Australian Shepherds dog foods for Border Collie
These two breeds have almost the same height. However, the Border Collie is more lean and compact than an Aussie who is sporty and muscular. Below are the best foods common to both breeds:
- Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream Dry Food. it has a caloric value of 402 Kcal/cup and a fat value of 15% to support these highly active breeds
- Purina Pro Plan Shredded Blend Dry Food. the number one ingredient is Salmon for high-quality proteins to boost muscle health
Best Australian Shepherd dog food for Belgian Sheepdog
Both breeds are large, but the Australian Shepherd has feathered hair while the Belgian Sheepdog has thick and soft hair. Here are some of the best foods for both breeds: