20 Best Dog Foods for Active Dogs (Hyperactive Dog)
Highly active dogs are full of energy and always on the move. Their meals should therefore match their energy needs. The best food for highly energetic dogs is one that fuels their energy levels. Foods rich in fat, calories, and protein are the best foods for active pooches. They provide the energy needed and promote muscle power.
In addition, the best food for active fur babies should be fortified with essential vitamins, minerals, and omega fatty acids like DHA which boost immunity and promote vision and brain health.
Furthermore, the best dog food for energetic dogs should be enhanced with glucosamine for joint health and mobility. It should also be free from artificial preservatives and additives. You should go for recipes that use mixed tocopherols, which are natural preservatives.
The importance of choosing the right format cannot be ruled out. Firstly, choosing the right format ensures your dog gets the maximum nutritional benefits for your dog. Secondly, the right food format lowers the risks of allergies and stomach upsets. Finally, the right format helps in maintaining a healthy weight and keeps dogs happy
Some of the best brands for the best food for active canines are Dr. Tim’s, American Journey, Avoderm, Taste of the Wild, and Solid Gold with the average price being $33. The price ranges from $16 to $76. The life stage of your dog dictates the best dog food for active dogs. A puppy needs more proteins and fats than adults.
Here are five of the best dog foods for active dogs:
|Check Price on AmazonCheck Price on Chewy
|Check Price on Amazon
Best for Sensitive Stomach
|Check Price on Amazon
|Check Price on AmazonCheck Price on Chewy
Best for Puppies
|Check Price on AmazonCheck Price on Chewy
Note: The prices quoted in this article are as of 24th January 2022
View Table of Contents
1. Dr. Tim’s Dog Pursuit Active Formula Dry Food
This formula is a product of Dr. Tim’s Pets LLC, a company that started its operations in 2004 with the primary objective being to provide the best canine nutrition.
This recipe was first produced on May 14th, 2018, for all adult dog breeds.
The first five ingredients are Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Chicken Fat, Whole Oat Groats, and Dried Beet Pulp. The caloric content of 442 Kcal/cup and a protein value of 30% and 20% fat is perfect for active dogs as they provide the energy needed throughout the day.
The contents for fiber and moisture are 3% and 10%, respectively. Consuming this food will improve your dog’s cognitive functions and lower the risk of heart and eye problems as it contains EPA and DHA. This meal is designed to reduce recovery time and promote endurance.
The daily consumption varies depending on your dog’s weight, with dogs weighing 1-20 lbs requiring ¼ to 1 cup while those between 20-40 lbs need 1 to 2 ½ cups. You can adjust these portions depending on your dog’s activity levels. This meal is suitable for active and working dogs. Caution should be taken since this meal is high in fats, and too much can cause obesity.
2. Diamond Maintenance Dog Dry Food
Diamond Pet Foods manufactures this formula.
It is suitable for active dogs as it has a caloric content of 360 Kcal/cup. The first five ingredients are Chicken By-Product, Wheat Flour, Whole Grain Ground Corn, Rice Bran, and Dried Beet Pulp. It contains antioxidants and fiber that support the digestive and immune systems.
Best for Sensitive Stomachs
3. Solid Gold Cold Water Leaping Waters Salmon & Vegetable Recipe Dry Food
This recipe is the brainchild of Solid Gold Pet Foods Company based in Chesterfield, Missouri.
This meal was first made available on April 29th, 2015, targeting all dog breeds. The primary ingredients are Salmon, Fish Meal, Chickpeas, Lentils, and Peas.
The 15% fat value and the 388 Kcal/cup caloric content provide sufficient energy for active dogs. This meal is also rich in protein, with a protein value of 26% for a strong build. The fiber and moisture values are 4% and 10% respectively.
This diet is fortified with omega fatty acids and DHA for skin, vision, and brain health. It also promotes heart health as it contains taurine. In addition, it features probiotics and antioxidants for gut health and improved immunity. The feeding guidelines are based on your pup’s weight with dogs weighing 5-15 lbs needing ½ to 1 cup daily while dogs with weights ranging from 16-100 lbs require 1 to 4 ½ cups.
Depending on your dog’s activity level, environment, health condition, and age, you can change these portions. This meal is crafted for dogs with sensitive stomachs, free from fillers like wheat. It is also suitable for dogs with grain allergies.
4. Taste of the Wild Prairie High Dry Food
Diamond Pet Foods manufactures the Taste of the Wild High Prairie Dry Dog Food.
This brand uses real and fresh ingredients to mimic the wild taste of dog food. This meal was first produced on December 11th, 2018, for all dog breeds.
The major ingredients are Water Buffalo, Lamb Meal, Chicken Meal, Sweet Potatoes, Peas, and Potatoes with a caloric value of 422 Kcal/cup, which suits active dogs. The percentages of protein, fat, fiber, and moisture are 32,14,4, and 10.
Serving this meal to your dog helps lower the stool odor as it is crafted with yucca schidigera. It is also enhanced with taurine and vitamin E for cardiovascular health and improved immunity. It has amino acids, the building blocks of strong bones, teeth, and muscles. Chicory root provides prebiotics that promotes digestion, while omega fatty acids give dogs a healthy physical appearance.
The feeding guidelines are determined by your dog’s poundage, with dogs weighing 3-5 pounds requiring ½ to ½ cups while those with weights between 10-20 pounds need ¾ to 1 ⅓ cups daily. The heavier your dog, the more cups required, with dogs weighing 100 pounds needing 4 ⅔ cups. This meal suits dogs with grain allergies.
Best for Puppies
5. Royal Canin Small Puppy Dry Food
It is manufactured by Mars Pet Food Company, with the main ingredients being Brewers Rice, Chicken By-Product Meal, Chicken Fat, Wheat Gluten, and Corn.
The caloric content is 354 Kcal/cup, while the protein and fat values are 29% and 18%. It has antioxidants that protect against oxidative damage.
Formulated for all dog breeds, this meal is a product of Breeders Choice which is based in California.
This diet was first introduced into the market on May 7th, 2011. The leading ingredients are Chicken Meal, Ground Brown Rice, Lamb Meal, Turkey Meal, and Ground white Rice. It boosts the energy levels of active dogs as it has a caloric value of 360 Kcal/cup. The protein, fat, fiber, and moisture values are 27%, 13%, 6%, and 10%.
This meal promotes skin and coat health, fortified with omega fatty acids and avocado oils. The high-quality protein from three sources is essential for muscle power, while antioxidants protect against inflammation. The daily intake is dictated by your dog’s poundage, with dogs weighing 3-10 pounds needing ⅓ to 1 cup while those with weights ranging from 10-100 pounds need 1 to 5 ½ cups. Dogs above 100 pounds need an extra ⅓ cups for every 10 pounds of body weight.
This diet is best for dogs with sensitive stomachs as it is free from wheat, corn, gluten, peas, and soy. Care should be taken when serving it as it is grain-inclusive and is not fit for dogs with grain allergies.
Chewy is the manufacturer of this formula, which targets all adult dog breeds, with the major ingredients being Deboned Beef, Deboned Pork, Turkey Meal, Pork Meal, and Lentils.
This meal is a perfect choice for active dogs as it has a caloric value of 405 Kcal/cup. The protein value is 40% for strong muscles, while the fat value of 15% is suitable for maintaining a healthy weight. Fiber and moisture values are 2% and 10%, respectively.
Consuming this diet keeps your dog’s hips and joints healthy since it contains glucosamine and chondroitin. Probiotics and prebiotics support gut and bowel health, while antioxidants and omega fatty acids protect against diseases and skin health. Furthermore, this high-protein diet is free from grains, wheat, corn, gluten, and soy hence suitable for dogs with sensitive tummies and grain allergies.
When transitioning from a lower-protein diet to this meal, you should start with smaller amounts and gradually increase them. The transition would take you a maximum of 21 days but if you are transitioning from a high-protein diet, your dog will adjust within 14 days. For dogs with stomach sensitivities, the transition period may be longer and more gradual.
This diet is manufactured by Sport Dog Food and was first produced on April 1st, 2019, for medium and large breeds.
The leading ingredients are Buffalo Meal, Oatmeal, Dried Sweet Potato, Coconut Oil, and Pork Meal.
The high caloric content of 526 Kcal/cup is perfect for highly active dogs as it ensures they stay energetic throughout the day. The protein value is 30%, the fat value is 20%, and the fiber and moisture values are 3.3% and 10%. Content also provides sufficient energy for active dogs while proteins boost muscle health.
Your dog’s body will benefit from this food as it contains chelated minerals which promote maximum absorption of essential nutrients. You will not be bothered by your dog’s stool odor as yucca schidigera neutralizes the smell. The ingredients are easily digestible, thus boosting gut and bowel health. In addition, this meal is heart-friendly as it has taurine.
Dogs weighing between 10 -25 pounds need 1 to 3 cups daily, while those with weights between 25-50 pounds require 3 to 5 cups. Puppies need more portions to promote the growth of lean muscles. This meal is best for dogs with sensitivities. You should avoid this meal in dogs with grain allergies.
This food is produced by Merrick Petcare and was first manufactured on February 24th, 2017, for all dog breeds.
The primary ingredients are Deboned Beef, Pork Meal, Turkey Meal, Sweet Potatoes, and Potatoes with a caloric value of 396 Kcal/cup, which boosts the energy levels of active dogs. The protein value is 38%, while the fat value is 17%. Fiber and moisture values are 3.5% and 11%, respectively. This protein-rich and highly digestible recipe boosts muscle and bowel health.
Freeze-drying boosts the taste and flavor, making this meal attractive to all dogs, including the poor feeders. It also uses raw ingredients to mimic wild dog food that appeals to your dog’s taste buds. It is crafted with high levels of omega fatty acids for shiny skin and a smooth coat. In addition, this meal contains glucosamine and chondroitin for hip and joint health.
The feeding guidelines are based on the weight of your canine baby, with dogs weighing 3-6 lbs requiring ⅓ to ⅔ cups daily while those weighing 10-15 lbs need 1-1 ¼ cups. This diet suits dogs with sensitive digestion and grain allergies with no fillers or grains. It is also is best for weight control.
This recipe targeting senior dogs is a product of Nulo Company which produces foods with low carbs, high protein, and low glycemic contents.
This senior formula was first introduced to the market on June 19th, 2016, for all dog breeds. The main ingredients are Deboned Trout, Turkey Meal, Salmon Meal, Yellow Peas, and Sweet Potatoes. The caloric content is 396 Kcal/cup for energy production, while the fat and protein contents are 12% and 30%. The fiber and moisture values are 5% and 10%.
This meal strengthens your dog’s bones, teeth, and muscles as it contains calcium, phosphorus, and amino acids. It also promotes cognitive development as it has DHA. Serving this meal to your dog also promotes the skin and coat appearance courtesy of omega fatty acids. It is packed with glucosamine and chondroitin for strong joints, while L-Carnitine boosts metabolism in senior dogs.
Pure probiotic strains promote digestion. Dogs weighing 5-15 lbs need ½ to 1 ¼ cups daily, while those weighing 15-25 lbs need 1 ¼ to 1 ½ cups. This diet is suitable for dogs with diabetes as it is low glycemic. Dogs with grain allergies can safely enjoy this meal as it is grain-free.
Mars Pet Foods Company manufactures this premium food, and it was first produced on July 15th, 2020 for all dog breeds.
The first five ingredients are Chicken-By-Product, Corn, Brewers, Rice, Chicken Fat, and Wheat Gluten with a caloric value of 447 Kcal/cup for maximum energy for active dogs.
The fat and protein value are20% and 30%, respectively, while fiber and moisture values are 4.1% and 10%. The high levels of protein plus fat values promote muscle power and provide energy for physical activity.
Serving this meal to your dog helps improve their memory with DHA. DHA also promotes vision health. Taurine and glucosamine boost heart and cartilage health. It has fiber and probiotics that aid in the digestion process and lower the risks of stomach upsets.
This formula is suitable for highly active dogs and those with sensitive digestion. The daily consumption varies depending on your dog’s weight, with dogs weighing 33-44 lbs requiring 2 to 4 cups while those weighing 44-55 need 4 to 4 ¾ cups. This meal is not suitable for dogs with grain allergies. You should serve sparingly as high-fat causes obesity, joint problems, and cardiovascular diseases.
Wellness Core Pet Foods manufactures this formula and it was first produced on April 1st, 2015for all dog breeds.
The main ingredients are Deboned Turkey, Deboned Chicken, Chickpeas, Peas, and Gelatin with a caloric value of 411 Kcal/cup to boost your dog’s energy levels. The fat and protein values are 21% and 31%, respectively. It promotes joint health as it contains glucosamine.
It features turkey as the number one ingredient for high-quality protein which boosts muscle strength. This meal is good for the heart as it is crafted with taurine. Consuming this food will give your dog a shiny coat and smooth skin with omega fatty acids. You can serve it as a standalone meal or a topper.
The feeding guidelines are given depending on your dog’s weight with dogs weighing 5-10 lbs requiring ½ to ¾ cups while dogs with weights ranging from 10-115 lbs need ¾ to 5 ¼ cups. For dogs over 115 lbs, an additional ⅓ cup for every 10 lbs is recommended. This meal is best for dogs with sensitive stomach and grain allergies as it is free from wheat, corn, grain, gluten, and soy. You should not feed your dog immediately after exercise.
Hill’s Science Diet manufactures this diet.
The primary ingredients are Chicken Meal, Whole Grain Wheat, Whole Grain Oats, Sorghum, and Corn Gluten Meal. The caloric value is 394 Kcal/cup, perfect for active dogs. The protein and fat values are24% and 11%, respectively. It has calcium for thick bones.
Farmina Pet Foods manufactures this dry food.
The major ingredients are Boneless Chicken, Dehydrated Chicken, Whole Spelt, Whole Oats, and Chicken Fat. The caloric value is 440 Kcal/cup, which suits active dogs. The protein and fat values are 35% and 20%. It is crafted from low glycemic grains.
Nestle Purina Pet foods manufacture this formula, and the primary ingredients are Whole Grain Corn, Chicken By-Product, Corn Gluten Meal, Beef at, and Soybean Meal.
The caloric content is 414 Kcal/cup, while the protein and fat values are 27.5% and 12%. It has DHA for brain health.
This formula is a product of Natural Balance Pet Foods, and the major ingredients are lamb and rice.
This hypoallergenic formula is enriched with catechins from green tea that protect dogs from free radicals that cause inflammatory diseases like cancer.
It is highly digestible, thus promoting bowel and gut health. It is suitable for active dogs as it boosts their energy level. In addition, this meal reduces fecal odor.
This meal is designed for small dogs and is suitable for dogs with weight problems.
The high protein value of 27% helps active dogs to build strong muscles to keep them active and strong. This meal is also enhanced with antioxidants that project from inflammation. It is highly digestible to support digestive health.
Manufactured by Nestle Purina Pet, this premium dog food is perfect for active dogs as it has a caloric value of 416 Kcal/cup with protein and fat values of 30% and 10%, respectively.
The ingredients are highly digestible for smooth digestion, while the crunchy texture promotes dental health.
At Ollie, they believe in keeping it real.
By providing fresh, healthy food for dogs, they also serve peace of mind for the humans who love them. Whether you’re a dog trainer, dog nutritionist, dog blogger, or just a dog lover, joining the Ollie pack means supporting our mission to help dogs live their best lives.
What facts should one know about dog foods for active dogs?
The best dog food for active dogs has unique features from regular foods. Here are the facts that one should know concerning dog foods for energetic dogs:
- Dog foods for active dogs should have a high protein content for sustained energy. The foods should have amino acids for lean muscles
- Dog foods for active dogs should have higher caloric and fat values for energy production
- The best dog food for active dogs should be free from artificial preservatives and fillers w
- Dog foods for active dogs should have glucosamine for joint health
- The foods for active dogs should have carbs for sustained energy
What are the best dog foods for active dogs with allergies?
The best dog foods for active dogs with allergies should have high protein, fat, and caloric contents and be free from allergens. These foods ensure your dog stays active and does not experience an allergic reaction. Here are the two best dog foods for energetic dogs with allergies:
- American Journey Landmark Grain-free Dog Food. This formula targets active dogs of all breeds with grain allergies as it has a caloric value of 406 Kcal/cup with a protein value of 40%
- Diamond Natural Athlete Extreme Formula is crafted with one source of protein and has a caloric value of 470 Kcal/cup. Protein and fat values are 32% and 25%
What are the best dog foods for active french bulldogs?
The best dog foods for active French Bulldogs meet their nutritional requirements. Therefore, these foods should provide enough energy and proteins to boost activity levels and strengthen muscles. Here are the best dog foods for active French Bulldogs:
- Royal Canin French Bulldog Puppy Dry Food. It has a caloric value of 373 Kcal/cup with 28% and 18% protein and fat values.
- Purina One SmartBlend Classic Ground Chicken & Rice Canned Dog Food. It boosts energy levels as the caloric content is 417 Kcal/can with fat and protein contents of 7% and 8%
What are the best dog foods for active huskies?
Active Huskies burn lots of calories; hence they need a diet that provides sufficient calories. A high-quality protein and fat diet are essential for muscle health and energy production. Below are the best dog foods for active Huskies:
- Orijen Six Fish Dry Dog Food. It is perfect for active Huskies as it has a caloric value of 468 Kcal/cup with protein and fat values of 38% and 18%, respectively. It has antioxidants for better immunity
- Go! Solutions Carnivore Grain-free Senior Formula with Chicken & and Duck. The fat and protein values are 14% and 32%, respectively, while the caloric value is 394 Kcal/cup.
What are the best dog foods for active labradors?
Labradors are large breed dogs. Therefore, the best dog foods for active labradors are those that meet their breed-specific nutritional requirements and their activity level needs. Here are the best dog foods for active labs:
- Royal Canin Labrador Retriever Puppy Dry Dog Food. This formula is highly digestible to reduce gas and stool odor. It suits active Labs as it contains carbs from wholesome ingredients to boost energy levels.
- Royal Canin Labrador Retriever Adult Dry Dog Food. This is the best when transitioning from puppy stage to adult stage. It has DHA and glucosamine for brain and joint health.
What are the best dog foods for active dachshunds?
Active Dachshunds are highly energetic and playful. Additionally, Dachshunds have sensitive stomachs and are susceptible to obesity. Therefore, active Dachshunds need highly digestible foods, have moderate fat, and provide sufficient energy. Here are the best foods for active Dachshunds:
- Wellness Small Breed Complete Health Adult Recipe Dry Dog Food. it features turkey and oatmeal and has a calorie value of 408 Kcal/cup, with the protein and fat values being 28% and 15%, which are perfect for active Dachshunds
- Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Small Breed Adult Formula. It boosts energy levels with a caloric content of 396 Kcal/cup and protein and fat contents of 26% and 15%.
What are the best dog foods for small-sized active dogs?
Small active dogs may look tiny, but their energy levels are astounding. They, therefore, need a diet that matches their breed size and energy needs. Below are the best foods for small-sized active dogs:
- Instinct Raw Boosts Small Breeds with real Chicken. This dry food is perfect for small-sized active dogs as it has a caloric value of 469 Kcal/cup and a protein value of 35%. It promotes joint health with glucosamine.
- Rachael Ray Nutrish Bright Puppy Chicken & Brown Rice Formula. It boosts brain and bone health with DHA, calcium, and phosphorus. The caloric content is 390 Kcal/cup.
What are the best dog foods for medium-sized active dogs?
Here are the best dog foods for medium-sized active dogs:
- Fromm Gold Nutritional Adult Dry Dog Food. a cup of this premium food has 408 calories making it an excellent choice for medium-sized active dogs. It boosts muscle health with high-quality proteins. It is also packed with probiotics for digestive health.
- Natural Balance Original Ultra Chicken & Barley Recipe Dry Food. The new formula has 370 calories per cup, while the original formula contains 410 calories for medium-sized dogs with high energy requirements. DHA and fiber boost cognitive functions and ensure an ideal digestive environment for lower risks of stomach upsets.
What are the best dog foods for active large dogs?
Here are the best dog foods for active large dogs:
- Holistic Select Large & Giant Breed Adult Formula Dry Dog Food. With 453 calories per cup and high-quality proteins, this meal gives active large dogs the energy needed to stay active and strong throughout the day. It also promotes joint and heart health with glucosamine and taurine.
- Blue Buffalo Wilderness Large Breed Grain-free Dry Dog Food. Each cup of this formula contains 377 calories to boost energy levels for active large dogs. L-carnitine and proteins support fat metabolism and lean muscle mass, while calcium and phosphorus promote thick bones and teeth.
What are the best dog foods for active dogs with itchy skin?
The best dog food for active dogs with itchy skin is those that alleviate the itchiness and boost energy levels. Below are the best dog food for active pooches with itchy skin:
- Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Diet Dry Dog Food. This hypoallergenic diet features real salmon as the first ingredient for high-quality proteins to strengthen your dog’s muscles. One cup of this meal has 373 calories, enough to keep your dog’s energy levels high the whole day
- Brothers Complete Turkey Meal & Egg Recipe Allergy-Care Dry Food. It is perfect for energetic dogs with itchy skin as it uses low glycemic carbs from natural roots and has 415 Kcal/cup
What is the best chicken-free dog food for active dogs?
Some active dogs cannot tolerate chicken and the best food would be a chicken-free diet. Below are the best chicken-free dog food for active canines:
- Instinct Original Grain-free Formula Freeze-Dried Raw Coated Dry Food. It has a high caloric value of 524 Kcal/cup, and the first five ingredients are Rabbit, Salmon Meal, Menhaden Fish Meal, Chickpeas, and Canola Oil. Omega fatty acids promote skin and coat health.
- Stella & Chewy’s Duck Freeze-Dried Raw Dinner Patties. This meal is chicken-free, with the main ingredients being Duck with Ground Bone, Turkey, Turkey Liver, Goose, and Turkey Gizzard. The caloric value is 60 Kcal/patty.
What are the best dog foods for active Shin Tzu?
Shin Tzus are toy breeds, and the best dog foods for active Shin Tzus are those designed for toy breeds and boost the energy levels for physical activity. Here are the best dog foods for active Shin Tzus:
- Royal Canin Shin Tzu Adult Dry Dog Food. it is formulated to meet the nutritional requirements of active Shin Tzus as it is packed with highly-digestible proteins, dietary fiber, and quality carbs to reduce stool odor and improve muscle power
- Health Extension Little Bites Recipe Dry Dog Food. Each cup contains 418 calories for active Shin Tzus energy needs. It boosts joint health with glucosamine and chondroitin.
What are the best dog foods for active dogs with tear stains?
Active dogs with tear stains require high-energy foods free from common allergens. Below are the best dog foods for active pups with tear stains:
- Wellness Complete Health Adult Whitefish & Sweet Potato Formula. It is packed with vitamins and minerals combined with specific ingredients like whitefish that lower allergic reactions and the formation of tear stains. Each cup has 435 calories for energy production.
- Dogs for the Earth Organic Dehydrated Dog Food. It helps eliminate tear stains and itchiness. It is crafted with organic beef and vegetables, including carrots, for vision health. The high-quality proteins and caloric values suit active dogs with tear stains.
What is the best dog food with glucosamine for active dogs?
Active dogs require foods with glucosamine for strong hips and joints. Here are the best dog foods with glucosamine for active pooches:
- Dogswell Happy Hips Chicken & Formula Dry Food. Each cup contains 360 calories, and it is formulated with glucosamine and chondroitin for energy production and strong hips and joints. It has fiber for gut and bowel health.
- Victor Purpose Performance Formula Dry Food. it suits active dogs as it contains glucosamine and chondroitin for cartilage well-being and has 399 calories per cup to ensure active dogs get enough energy. It promotes muscle health with amino acids, proteins, and L-carnitine.
What are the best dog foods with pumpkins for active dogs?
Pumpkin is an excellent choice for active dogs as it has a high-soluble fiber for proper digestion. The foods below are the best with pumpkins for active dogs:
- Weruva Caloric Harmony Chicken Dinner Grain-free Formula. The primary ingredients are Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Lentils, Chickpeas, Green Peas, Split Peas, and Pumpkin with a caloric value of 360 Kcal/cup. It keeps your dog’s skin smooth with omega fatty acids.
- Purina Beyond Natural Adult Dry Food. It is crafted with real salmon for high-quality proteins that boost muscle health. Rice, Whole Barley, and Pumpkin are among the major ingredients. It has antioxidants for proper immunity.
What are the best dog foods for active dogs with pancreatitis?
Active dogs with pancreatitis require a low-fat diet that supplies them with sufficient energy for physical activity. Here are the best dog foods for active dogs with pancreatitis:
- Eagle Pack Reduced Fat Adult Dry Food. It is packed with a mix of proteins, carbs, and enough calories to boost the energy levels of active dogs with pancreatitis. The low-fat content of 9% is perfect for pancreatitis. It has antioxidants and glucosamine for immunity and healthy joints
- Solid Gold Holistique Blendz Dry Dog Food. With a fat value of 6%, this meal suits active dogs with pancreatitis. It has fiber and probiotics for digestive health.
What are the best dog foods for active Yorkies?
Yorkies are small dogs hence the best dog foods for active Yorkies are those designed for small breeds with sufficient energy. The foods below are the best for active Yorkies:
- Nutro Ultra Senior Dry Food. It contains 26% protein, and each cup has 316 calories, a good choice for energy needs and muscle power for active Yorkies. Consuming this meal protects your dog from inflammation that causes cancer as it has antioxidants.
- Whole Earth Farms Grain-free Chicken & Turkey Formula. With a caloric content of 377 Kcal/cup and a protein value of 27%, this meal suits active Yorkies as it supplies energy and strengthens muscles.
What are the best dog foods for active dogs with sensitive stomachs?
The best dog foods for active canines with sensitive stomachs should be free from artificial preservatives and fillers like wheat and corn, which are hard to digest. It should also provide energy to sustain the activity levels. Here are the best dog foods for active dogs with sensitive stomachs:
- Wellness Core Digestive Health Wholesome Grain Chicken & Rice Dog Food. This meal uses easily digestible wholesome grains and proteins and has a caloric content of 395 Kcal/cup hence suitable for active dogs with sensitive tummies.
- Hill’s Prescription Diet z/d Original Food Sensitivities Dry Food. It is crafted with hydrolyzed protein to boost digestion and lower stomach sensitivities. Each cup has 354 calories for active dogs.
What are the best dog foods for active picky eater dogs?
Active picky eaters need richly flavored and packed with enough calories to boost their activity levels. Below are the best dog foods for active picky eaters:
- Honest Kitchen Whole Grain Dehydrated Dry Food. It is crafted with fresh human-grade ingredients to appeal to your dog’s instinct and attract selective feeders. The rich flavor and a caloric value of 485 Kcal/cup suit active picky eaters.
- Sojos Complete Chicken Formula Freeze-Dried Dog Food. It contains 373 calories per cup and 28% protein for physical activity and muscle strength. Freeze-Drying adds flavor, making this meal an excellent choice for active picky eaters.
What are the best dog foods for active german shepherds?
German shepherds are large dog breeds so the best dog food for active German Shepherds should meet their breed-specific needs and promote physical activity. Here are the best dog foods for active German Shepherds:
- Royal Canin German Shepherd Adult Dry Food. The kibble ingredients, texture, and shape are designed for your German Shepherd. DHA and glucosamine boost brain and joint health while fats boost energy levels for active German Shepherds
- Pedigree Pro Expert Nutrition Active Adult Large Breed Dry Food. It is suitable for active large breeds, including German Shepherds, and is crafted with high-quality proteins and omega fatty acids for agility and alertness.